Next supporters forum 18 April (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Who smokes weed at the footy anyway. I’ve turned up stoned before and you don’t want to sing and the whole experience is just muted.

Sick Boy

Who smokes weed at the footy anyway. I’ve turned up stoned before and you don’t want to sing and the whole experience is just muted.
I used to stand in front of someone in the WT who'd chain smoke hash throughout the game, not sure it'd be a lot of fun.

David O'Day

The latest generation of scanners (the type you walk through) can supposedly detect small amounts of drugs. Not sure if the ones they use at the O2 do that but they definitely detect other things and have replaced searching everyone. You literally just walk through them without stopping and they pull anyone over that flags up. Had the same thing when I went to the ice hockey in Sweden.

The tech is there, just depends on if Frasers or the club wants to pay for it.
probably not as they don't seem to want to pay for much

David O'Day

They could have sniffer dogs wandering about.
it's an extra cost for something that happens at most grounds and in reality all you get is people taking all their drugs before they get there meaning you are just left with people who have taken their drugs in far too short a space of time.

MalcSB

it's an extra cost for something that happens at most grounds and in reality all you get is people taking all their drugs before they get there meaning you are just left with people who have taken their drugs in far too short a space of time.
Oh, so thats OK then. We just put up with it,

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Coke I couldn’t care less about and it’s more trouble to stop than it’s worth. Weed should be a no brainier though. There’s a fucking huge cloud of smoke to follow!
Just cos it's hard to police doesn't mean we shouldn't. Cokeheads acting like twats is a big negative experience. It's not like half of them don't show obvious signs of being sniffed up. Can't the police act on suspicions of being under the influence of drugs? If they have these suspicions maybe they should be able to take them aside and do more thorough searches or demand they be tested?

shmmeee

Just cos it's hard to police doesn't mean we shouldn't. Cokeheads acting like twats is a big negative experience. It's not like half of them don't show obvious signs of being sniffed up. Can't the police act on suspicions of being under the influence of drugs? If they have these suspicions maybe they should be able to take them aside and do more thorough searches or demand they be tested?

We could always just clamp down on people acting like twats. But you can’t stop coke being brought in unless you go full body search at the turnstiles which isn’t going to happen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We could always just clamp down on people acting like twats. But you can’t stop coke being brought in unless you go full body search at the turnstiles which isn’t going to happen.
yeah, I accept that. Hence why it'd have to be, as you say, clamping down on people acting like twats. And maybe part of that clampdown should involve thorough searches and drug tests so charges/banning orders can be brought against them. Anyone caught in possession or found to have drug in their system automatically banned for at least two years.

MalcSB

Sniffer dogs.
I am sorry but I have zero tolerance of illegal use of Class A drugs.

David O'Day

legally no, you need more than that to perform a legal stop and search

rexo87

I’d rather have a few people in the ground on coke than it take double the amount of time to get in the ground. Is what it is. A lot of people in your local pub are also on it. Should we be searching people outside your local as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

How much crime in this country can be put down to the supply and use of illegal drugs? Quite a lot which affects everybody.
i'll take as a no you don't have a clue what someone coke actually acts like

also most drug related crime is centred arou8nd opiods

if you want to talk about the "war on drugs" and it's failure and how police tactics actually make things worse then we can

MalcSB

i'll take as a no you don't have a clue what someone coke actually acts like

also most drug related crime is centred arou8nd opiods

if you want to talk about the "war on drugs" and it's failure and how police tactics actually make things worse then we can
Thanks for putting me straight, Pablo.

Users who are viewing this thread