Neymar overrated (1 Viewer)

AVWskyblue

How on earth was he worth all that money, most diva of a player I've ever seen, complete rubbish

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Covstu

The guy is quality, didn’t have the best game yesterday but was being chopped down on every occasion. More to come I reckon

standupforcity

He's a baby! Another of those players who believes he deserves special treatment....I mean why is he taking those free kicks with Coutinho on the pitch, and from that very position?!

Garryb80

The guy is quality, didn’t have the best game yesterday but was being chopped down on every occasion. More to come I reckon
He is, as the thread title says, the single most over rated player in the world. He has this aura of a City academy player whereby everyone thinks he is amazing despite never really doing much. He whinges at every challenge, rarely passes to a team mate and offers limited moments of quality.

larry_david

Did anyone else notice Clive Tyldesleys pure disappointment Brazil didn't win the game. Usually the underdog draws and there's great clamour but he sounded like he'd lost 500 quid on it.

Can't stand him anyway when neymer had that header he was praying it was going in so he could reel off his long lines of praise. And then that last free kick 'neymer the stage is set'... 'oh no he's clipped it in' exactly why I hate itv. He'd bang on about Rooney as if he was God

Skybluefaz

Always thought the same, certainly no Ronaldinho or Messi
No Ronaldinho? Alright grandad, he's certainty no Stanley Matthews or Garincha. Tbf, I thought he got a kicking whenever he got the ball. Switzerland got away with plenty. Which is all down to the ref though. His hair is fucking terrible, he's smashing his sisters back doors in but he is still a top player. Better than people are giving him credit for on here.

Garryb80

No Ronaldinho? Alright grandad, he's certainty no Stanley Matthews or Garincha. Tbf, I thought he got a kicking whenever he got the ball. Switzerland got away with plenty. Which is all down to the ref though. His hair is fucking terrible, he's smashing his sisters back doors in but he is still a top player. Better than people are giving him credit for on here.
He is a decent player but not top. He killed brazils chances of winning by falling over and refusal to pass. Took all set pieces even though Coutinho is a mile better.

Skybluefaz

He is a decent player but not top. He killed brazils chances of winning by falling over and refusal to pass. Took all set pieces even though Coutinho is a mile better.
Neymar has scored more free kicks. He's not played in the Premier league though so people think Coutinho is better because they've seen him on motd. Most fouls against a player in a single game at the world cup since Shearer v Tunisia 98.

larry_david

That stat makes him sound good though. He got fouled loads due to refusing to pass and running into people then rolling around

Terry Gibson's perm

He is a good player and in the group behind Messi and Ronaldo but if they are 10 out of 10 he is 7, but believes he is 11!

He is Brazilian so is rated higher than he really is I can’t stand him as it’s all about him, although Switzerland are miserable to watch I was glad they got a result and loved it when the Germans gave Brazil a good working over previously.

We are lucky at the moment to have two of the best three ever only maradona was better for me not that other Brazilian fraud/self publicist Pele a man who has made himself appear better because of this 1000 goal nonsense

Terry Gibson's perm

Neymar has scored more free kicks. He's not played in the Premier league though so people think Coutinho is better because they've seen him on motd. Most fouls against a player in a single game at the world cup since Shearer v Tunisia 98.

How many were fouls and how many did he just fall over for

Skybluefaz

I've seen him live a couple of times and he was fouled constantly, can see why he's always getting injured. He isn't messi or ronaldo but he's some player. 55 goals in 86 caps speaks for itself.
Pretty much my sentiments, I'm no neymar fan boy but he took some treatment last night, shirt pulling makes me flip my lid if someone does it to me but he kept his head when it was almost ripped off his back on a couple of occasions.

covcity4life

lol

only player out there capable of getting to messi ronaldo level imo

tried to make things happen last night, got fouled repeatdly, some nice touches

not his best game but neither was it brazils, 1 game end of day

he can lead them to the world cup 4 sure

Terry Gibson's perm

lol

He has no chance of getting to the same levels as Messi and Ronaldo, he will probably become the worlds best player as they will have to pack in one day, at this time he is behind Salah as well

Winny the Bish

Never seen more 'Yer Da's' in one place. Imagine being stuck in 2013 and thinking Neymar's not all that.

2017/18: 28 goals & 16 assists in 30 games
16/17: 20 goals & 27 assists in 45 games
15/16: 31 goals & 26 assists in 49 games

And 55 goals for Brazil. He's the 4th best player in world football.

ajsccfc

I thought I heard a 10 gun salute but it was just the sound of all the knees cracking. Neymar's a dick but let's not start making out he's some kind of fraud because Brazil weren't particularly good for one game.

clint van damme

lol

Can't see Brazil winning it to be honest.
Their full backs can't defend. There's definitely joy to be had down the flanks by a team with a bit of pace and trickery out wide. Switzerland didn't get at Marcello enough but in one attack when they broke down Brazils left he was literally nowhere to be seen, I was looking for him and he wasn't in the picture at all! Fuck knows where is was.
As for Neymar, great player but an arse of a man.

shy_tall_knight

He is a good player and in the group behind Messi and Ronaldo but if they are 10 out of 10 he is 7, but believes he is 11!

He is Brazilian so is rated higher than he really is I can’t stand him as it’s all about him, although Switzerland are miserable to watch I was glad they got a result and loved it when the Germans gave Brazil a good working over previously.

We are lucky at the moment to have two of the best three ever only maradona was better for me not that other Brazilian fraud/self publicist Pele a man who has made himself appear better because of this 1000 goal nonsense

Pele did play well in "escape to victory" but never played in the European leagues and was always part of a strong Brazilian team, New York Cosmos was not proper football intensity and more like the Harlem Globetrotters

ajsccfc

"I told myself before the game, 'he's made of skin and bones just like everyone else'. But I was wrong.”
Tarcisio Burgnich, the Italy defender who marked Pele in the Mexico 1970 Final

“The greatest player in history was Di Stefano. I refuse to classify Pele as a player. He was above that.”
Ferenc Puskas

“After the fifth goal, even I wanted to cheer for him.”
Sigge Parling of Sweden on a 5-2 defeat by Brazil in the 1958 FIFA World Cup Final

“When I saw Pele play, it made me feel I should hang up my boots.”
Just Fontaine

“Pele was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic.”
Johan Cruyff

“His great secret was improvisation. Those things he did were in one moment. He had an extraordinary perception of the game.”
Carlos Alberto Torres

“I sometimes feel as though football was invented for this magical player.”
Sir Bobby Charlton

Just some more suckers falling for the hype, yeah

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
very good player but not yet a Ronaldo or a Messi, or a Pele, Maradona, etc ...............

Monners

He is a good player, but overrated in terms of comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo. Last night he just carried on doing the same thing tme and time again, didn't pass to better placed team ,mates, and insisted on taking every set piece. These are not the hallmarks of a great player.

Esoterica

People know his PSG fee, they know he's Brazilian, they read the hype around him in the tabloid press, they watched Ronaldo carry his nation in the Euros and vs Spain. He's a really good player, top 5 in the world, but this is a knee jerk reaction to one game. You could easily make the same comments about Messi after the Argentina game with no other context.

jordan210

The issue I find with Neymar is the way he goes down. In the clips posted above he is like a fish out of water when he gets a slight knock. He chucks him self over rolls around a lot.

Im not saying others don't dive. But Neymar makes any slight contact look like he has been shot.

VAR should be used to check for simulation.

NortonSkyBlue

We are blessed to be in an era of Messi/Ronaldo and they are brilliant and consistent players who have transcended nearly all that have gone before them.
Pele won three world cups out of four played in(yes totally over rated), Maradona took Argentina to a world cup win in 86 and also carried Napoli to win Serie A.
Who is the best is easy to say but difficult to quantify, what I will say though is that anybody questioning their ability/legacy needs their heads examining.
Neymar is a great player but still has much to prove, yet he is still young enough to go to the next level. He is just returning from a bad injury and writing him off is idiotic.
For me the greatest should always be backed by trophies so my choice would be Ronaldo but I certainly wouldn't put up much of a fight if any of the greats above were chosen as the greatest of all time.

Terry Gibson's perm

The fee always goes before neymar, to choose the greatest player of all time is difficult as most of the better players have played at different times and in different situations and in different positions.

The best for me is maradona as he carried limited teams and if anybody thinks neymar gets fouled look at maradona time in Napoli.

The best player I have seen live was Paolo Maldini a rolls Royce footballer

Users who are viewing this thread