Nfl (1 Viewer)

mark82

NFL is back!! Does anyone else on here watch?

skybluedaze

Don't really have a team. I do like to see the Jets and Philly do well. Guess it's the green shirts! Would like to see Detroit do better.

Otis

Patent Manning?

Guess that means no-one else can sign him from now on until he retires.

skybluereeve

Yeah on sky news last night showing him in training.broncos had a good defense last year,now put him at quarter bk they might be a decent team otis.

scroobiustom

can someone breakdown the draft pick rule?

I like to watch the games but not sure how transfers really work, also there was talk of a London franchise what happened with that?

AlexJohnson93

For some reason I like the Bengals. Don't really know any of their players, i think it's just because they play in tiger stripes.

skybluedaze

I know what you mean, i liked the stripes. Not very good though. Rarely make the playoffs. I doubt they will this year either.

Houdi

can someone breakdown the draft pick rule?

I like to watch the games but not sure how transfers really work, also there was talk of a London franchise what happened with that?
Basically the team with the worst record gets 1st pick in the following years draft,all the way to the Super Bowl winners who have the 32nd and last pick in the 1st round.I think there are about 7 rounds.Teams can trade draft picks for players in other teams,or a team can say trade say a 1st round pick for draft picks later in the draft.I think the last player to go in the draft is called Mr Irrelevant or something.
Always been a fan of the Raider Nation,and saw them at the Old Wembley many years ago.Unfortunately they have been as poor as the Sky Blue and for about as long.But they have a fanatical fan base,with fans all over the States,particularly in California.Their team motto is 'Just Win Baby',which is ironic because they rarely seem to,just lately.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
New England Patriots for me, last year was my first time watching nfl games i also like miami dolphins after watching documentry of the 70s team that won it 3 years in a row! im still trying get used to the game and draft system its not a easy game to cath onto quick.

skybluedaze

Believe me, it's worth it. It's a game that gets better with knowledge, then one day something really clicks and you see what an amazing game it actually is. If i was younger i'd try playing tbh. Although i'd love a team over here to join the NFL, i would kinda struggle to support a team with London in the name. Hope they don't do that.

Otis

Hooray!!! Finally!!

Gave enough hints but everyone just kept going on regardless. Even made a joke about no-one now being able to sign him because of the patent but no-one clicked on!!

Paxman II

Having lived in Dallas in the early 90's when the Cowboy's had it going on and then lived in Houston from 2001 until a couple of years ago I became quite a fan! My son played for his highschool and in Texas it's a religion. He would have to be at practice by 5:30am! On a school day. I think I would do that to the sorry ases that attempt playing for us....that might galvanise their endevours!
Reliant Stadium is some place to watch it too! (oh and they usually build them with a roof!)

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Am

Patriots for me got into it 4 years ago when started uni now my thursday, sunday and monday nights are not the same without some NFL action...

ccfc_Tom

Titans here, although i only casually followed last year - gonna be proper into it this year.

skybluedaze

Having lived in Dallas in the early 90's when the Cowboy's had it going on and then lived in Houston from 2001 until a couple of years ago I became quite a fan! My son played for his highschool and in Texas it's a religion. He would have to be at practice by 5:30am! On a school day. I think I would do that to the sorry ases that attempt playing for us....that might galvanise their endevours!
Reliant Stadium is some place to watch it too! (oh and they usually build them with a roof!)

Houston Texans are getting better, but i'm muched preferred them when they were the Houston Oilers. Dallas had a great side in the 90's.

Don't like the idea of stadium roofs. I love it when winter kicks in and teams like Green Bay and Cincinnati play in a blizzard, usually around thanksgiving.

Darth Robins

Should have an NFL comp of some sort.

Speaking of which, everyone should check out "The League", it's a comedy show loosely based around a bunch of guys who have a fantasy league, the premise sounds terrible but it's absolutely hilarious, they get some good player cameos too!

I'm a Seahawks fan (no idea why, you'd think I get enough punishment watching City), been well into it for a good few years now, this could be a pretty good season, entertainment wise, there seems to be a lot of teams really hitting their stride lately, and I'm really interested to see how Luck does at Indy. Only downside is that these new replacement refs are terrible!

Also for anyone just getting into it, http://www.nfl-360.com/ is a great place to learn about the game, it's set up specifically for new fans, it explains the rules and gives suggestions on what teams you might like to watch!

Last edited:

Steve.B50

I follow the Brown, but got soft spot for the 49ers as went to a SuperBowl a few years ago and watched them stuff the Broncos in New Orleans.

D

Deleted member 4232

Purple Pride. MIN fan signing in. It's our season!

andy86

Big Eagles fan!
Been to see them once at the Linc vs the Giants.. as well as Giants vs Bears at the Meadowlands.

skybluedaze

Speaking of which, everyone should check out "The League", it's a comedy show loosely based around a bunch of guys who have a fantasy league, the premise sounds terrible but it's absolutely hilarious, they get some good player cameos too!

I'm a Seahawks fan (no idea why, you'd think I get enough punishment watching City), been well into it for a good few years now, this could be a pretty good season, entertainment wise, there seems to be a lot of teams really hitting their stride lately, and I'm really interested to see how Luck does at Indy. Only downside is that these new replacement refs are terrible!

Also for anyone just getting into it, http://www.nfl-360.com/ is a great place to learn about the game, it's set up specifically for new fans, it explains the rules and gives suggestions on what teams you might like to watch!

What channel is it on? Will check it out. Sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread