Nintendo Wii U Console (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is anybody going to get one of these?

CI_WiiU_img1_image600w.jpg

The controller does look quite cool but I don't think I will bother. My Wii has been in the attic for about 2 years not played with so it would be one of those things that are great for a month and never get played!

Otis

Daughter wants one, but it doesn't seem that much better, despite all the hype as to how good it is. Graphics are supposed to be excellent, so the games should be so much better I guess..

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Covstu

graphics look average compared to xbox360 and PS3. Looks like a desperation move from nintendo. I will wait for xbox720!!

Nick

Administrator
I think it is more of a kid's / older people console nowadays now the hype is over. After playing on the kinect it is a LOT better.

torchomatic

My six-year-old wants one! He ain't gonna get one though, his Wii is more than enough for him at his age.

Tad

It's heavily rumoured the next Xbox and PS4 are round the corner. Really don't think this was a good idea by Nintendo. Hardware is pretty weak, the touch screen tablet will bloat developer costs. Games are very expensive to make as it is. Devs don't need another bill coming out.

Nick

Administrator
It's heavily rumoured the next Xbox and PS4 are round the corner. Really don't think this was a good idea by Nintendo. Hardware is pretty weak, the touch screen tablet will bloat developer costs. Games are very expensive to make as it is. Devs don't need another bill coming out.

I dont think the wii could be classes as a gamers machine. It is something for parties, kids or people like oaps who dot do gaming. Compared to the Kinect the wii is miles behind, just wish I had enough room for the kinect :(

Tad

I dont think the wii could be classes as a gamers machine. It is something for parties, kids or people like oaps who dot do gaming. Compared to the Kinect the wii is miles behind, just wish I had enough room for the kinect :(

That's the strange thing though. The whole concept of the "U" in the wii u is to concentrate on getting gamers back. When it was annouced, they had lined up so many core games. Metro: Last Light, Cod, assassins creed, Batman, Darksiders 2, Ninja Gadien; the list was pretty good at the time. However, the closer to release it got, they flipped back to this party stuff which lead to a 20 minute presentation at E3 on nintendo land at one point- it was death on and off stage. A lot of the Devs for the next big games like Metro: Last light have backed out saying the hardware is not strong enough too..

Seems to me like their trying to please both, but have almost alienated them..

Nick

Administrator
That's the strange thing though. The whole concept of the "U" in the wii u is to concentrate on getting gamers back. When it was annouced, they had lined up so many core games. Metro: Last Light, Cod, assassins creed, Batman, Darksiders 2, Ninja Gadien; the list was pretty good at the time. However, the closer to release it got, they flipped back to this party stuff which lead to a 20 minute presentation at E3 on nintendo land at one point- it was death on and off stage. A lot of the Devs for the next big games like Metro: Last light have backed out saying the hardware is not strong enough too..

Seems to me like their trying to please both, but have almost alienated them..

I tried to play shooters on the old wii but it just wasnt the same as a proper pad :(

I might see if they have any to try in a store!

Tad

I tried to play shooters on the old wii but it just wasnt the same as a proper pad :(

I might see if they have any to try in a store!

I can't imagine this tablet pad will be easy to use. The buttons and sticks are quite far apart. It's going to feel strange I think...

Tad

Bit of a update:

Having played one round my mates, it seems like the Batman and assassins creed games are pretty poor ports. Frame rate drops to a noticeable level and there's some weird glitches in there too. It's early days, so these sorts of problems are common mind...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread