Nomads (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I am coming round to being concerned just like the Sky Blue Trust (of which I'm a member) about the lack of or no progress regarding where we will be playing next year . I feel that Sisu are going to leave it till the last minute and them make a excuse that suddenly surprise surprise no one will deal with them. Just to legitimise a move right away from Coventry

hill83

I don't see how they can believe a move away from Coventry could work though. Sixfields was a disaster all round. Maybe if we were a premier league team moving to another area it would get a few fans through the door but a league 2 team? We can't even enough of our own fans through the door now in our own city. Saying that, what league did MK Dons start in?

SHFWM

mrtrench

Moving permanently to another city makes no sense at all, cannot conceive that SISU would imagine it does. Coventry is the 10th largest city in England (the 11th if you include Cardiff who play in the English league). It has no other large team. This, after all, was part of the reason that SISU bought the club. What sense does it make to relocate?

I wouldn't put it past them to cut their nose of to spite their face again and move to Sixfields or similar, as part of some crazy notion that it will help with court cases - but a permanent move will not happen.

Otis

I don't see how they can believe a move away from Coventry could work though. Sixfields was a disaster all round. Maybe if we were a premier league team moving to another area it would get a few fans through the door but a league 2 team? We can't even enough of our own fans through the door now in our own city. Saying that, what league did MK Dons start in?

SHFWM
It wouldn't work would it. Look at the crowds we are getting now compared to then. We move away now I think there would be crowds of barely a thousand.

dongonzalos

My concern is that they have two ideas of ways to get their money back.
Firstly, legal action (won’t work)
Secondly, Wasps business plan collapses and they pick up ACL. Then they go back to plan A.
For the second point to work they won’t want to sell the club. They also would prefer the club to away from the Ricoh. To put as much financial pressure on Wasps as possible.
So as long as they keep us in division 4 and the club doesn’t cost much. Hence why a move to the Butts would have really suited.
Now they will be looking for a move as close as possible say Hinckley or somewhere like that.
Or worst case a stay at the Ricoh but giving Wasps as little as possible.
Again I do not think this plan will work.
All of the above is just my guess.

Mcbean

The lack of a suitable hill has put the hold on obtaining land in all the suitable flood plain areas !

hill83

The lack of a suitable hill has put the hold on obtaining land in all the suitable flood plain areas !

giphy.webp

itsabuzzard

My concern is that they have two ideas of ways to get their money back.
Firstly, legal action (won’t work)
Secondly, Wasps business plan collapses and they pick up ACL. Then they go back to plan A.
For the second point to work they won’t want to sell the club. They also would prefer the club to away from the Ricoh. To put as much financial pressure on Wasps as possible.
So as long as they keep us in division 4 and the club doesn’t cost much. Hence why a move to the Butts would have really suited.
Now they will be looking for a move as close as possible say Hinckley or somewhere like that.
Or worst case a stay at the Ricoh but giving Wasps as little as possible.
Again I do not think this plan will work.
All of the above is just my guess.
But doesn't this scenario assume that if Wasps collapse then SISU are the only ones in for ACL? Surely it would be on the open market and there would be the real risk that someone else will step in, as Wasps themselves did? Seems like a ludicrous gamble to me, but not a lot of what's going on at the moment makes much sense.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

But doesn't this scenario assume that if Wasps collapse then SISU are the only ones in for ACL? Surely it would be on the open market and there would be the real risk that someone else will step in, as Wasps themselves did? Seems like a ludicrous gamble to me, but not a lot of what's going on at the moment makes much sense.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yes, as I say I don’t think either way will work. The second is crap for us though. As it’s a case of SISU waiting and seeing whilst the club costs them nothing. Which means we stagnate.

skybluetony176

SHFWM

You’ve making the mistake of employing logic. You need to think like SISU to understand where the OP is coming from ;)

shy_tall_knight

I fear option 2 - WASPS going belly up is their strategy. As for the Butts, have it on good authority that won't share a ground whilst SisU own Cov

Captain Dart

They've painted themselves into a corner.
They can't relocate the club any distance the EFL/FA won't allow it.
They can't afford a new ground there isn't a suitable site they can get finance for.
They are unlikely to see Wasps go under in a catastrophic way.
They are unlikely to win their court cases.
They are not going to be allowed share the Butts, that's a non starter.
They have to negotiate a new deal with Wasps, I think Wasps will agree something at the last minute (sometime next summer).

I think the best they can hope for is a better prices for the club from Hoffman consortium (or other interested parties) and the sale of Ryton.
I think they are holding on at zero investment simply because this makes the sale price better.

Its all crazy, there is no sensible plan. I'm not even as sure as I was a few months ago that the club will manage to get promoted this season the way things are going.

skybluebeduff

It's not like the 4 years since spouting stadium plans are 3 weeks away has gone by too quickly has it...
That's such a short time to find us a suitable home...
flying-pig-1.jpg

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I just think that SISU will look at an area of the country that is deprived of league football possible an area with a struggling rugby or rugby league club with a ground where they could gain a foothold I don't think the E F L would be a problem although they said there would not be another "Wimbledon" I never thought there would be a "Northampton" I still think as long a the fixtures are completed it could be Micky Mouse F C doing it .I think we need to start bothering M P 'S the EFL and anyone who has any influence before it is too late.

Nick

Administrator
I just think that SISU will look at an area of the country that is deprived of league football possible an area with a struggling rugby or rugby league club with a ground where they could gain a foothold I don't think the E F L would be a problem although they said there would not be another "Wimbledon" I never thought there would be a "Northampton" I still think as long a the fixtures are completed it could be Micky Mouse F C doing it .I think we need to start bothering M P 'S the EFL and anyone who has any influence before it is too late.

Sounds familiar. I look forward to the "just good business" comments ;)

Captain Dart

Big but... they are not actually interested in football so why would they do that?

shmmeee

But Coventry is an area deprived of league football with a struggling rugby team if CCFC leave.

There’s literally no better location for them, any move would leave them with a smaller customer base.

Users who are viewing this thread