Not about CCFC but could be (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its been that way for the last 5-8 years, ever since the Barca dominance began. All well and good when you have quality players who can go through the gears 2 to 5 within a few seconds but few teams have this. I think we're now starting to move away from that thinking now thankfully.

I'm not interested in seeing possession football. Fans want to see attacking football, goals scored, chances created, great goalkeeper saves that's what we pay the money for.

J

Jack Griffin

There are always alternative strategies to anything.

Bears thinking about..

Hobo

If you have possession you are more likely to score than the opposition. However it depends where on the pitch you have this possession and the desire you have when in possession.

Gazolba

Passing is the most basic skill in football and one that few British players seem to be able to master. It's always better to pass the ball than run with the ball because the ball can move faster than any player. Players should be running without the ball into positions where someone can send the ball to them.

fernandopartridge

Was having a similar conversation the other day. To try and impose a way of playing on footballers who weren't brought up to play that way is madness.

Waycov

You mean every team they play against that stick 10 men behind the ball and sit deep bore you to death?

How can a team that score 150 goals a season be boring?

Thank god I'm not the only one that thinks this. Cheers Hadji :D

Samo

You mean every team they play against that stick 10 men behind the ball and sit deep bore you to death?

How can a team that score 150 goals a season be boring?

For once Hadji, I completely agree.

pipkin73

Love the way Las Palmas play. Same skill (effort) as R Madrid, A Madrid and Barcelana but with a work rate as they know they are not as skillful as the other teams (given A Madrid play this way).
They stayed up this season based on hard work and a little luck.
So many expats out here, never gave Las Palmas a hope of staying up BUT have now started to go to games. A little success (staying up for Las Palmas) can bring many new fans if you market them right. British bars out here are selling tickets for Las Palmas but the best bit is (people go bar to bar selling tickets for a 15% commision). Could we get volunteers selling tickets for a commision? Sell so many you get a free team top sell more 15% of the ticket price etc......

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

Passing is the most basic skill in football and one that few British players seem to be able to master. It's always better to pass the ball than run with the ball because the ball can move faster than any player. Players should be running without the ball into positions where someone can send the ball to them.
You appear to know too much, I'm suspicious.

Marty

Said this many times on here before, I hate possession football, I don't find it enjoyable to watch at all. Much prefer to see high tempo direct passing, it stretches the game, especially at our level. Many on here were complaining about the style of play when we had Coleman in charge or when Clingan wouldn't make a forward pass all game.

Users who are viewing this thread