Oggy (1 Viewer)

Deity

they say you should never meet your heroes.

I've met Oggy twice, on both occasions I wished I had not. Thoroughly unpleasant.

CovisGod

This isn't the first time I've heard the blokes a cock.

Meant to be quite a nasty peice of work.

Why didn't you get on with him ?

Deity

Arrogant.

On one occasion my 2 young sons asked him for an autograph outside the stadium after a pre season friendly... you would have thought they had asked him for his last breath.

ajsccfc

I sat on his knee when he was dressed as Santa. Greg Downs was there, I don't think he was dressed as an elf but the photo's long gone sadly. It was in the old bar at HR, was it Strikers?

shy_tall_knight

Saw him down C&NW cricket quite a few times drove a nice BMW but very miserable bloke, judging by the quality of our 2 young goalkeepers he should be relieved of his position as goalkeeping coach, great servant that he was the gravy train has stopped running and he needs to jump off.

shmmeee

BREAKING: Saw him in the bath in the dressing room my first ever City game. Went out again quickly, he was fine. Signed an autograph for me. I was 9.

ajsccfc

When we were playing football in Lowther St, Sean Flynn pulled up asking for directions to Highfield Road. Locations marked out with devastating accuracy below, I'm still not sure if he was just taking the piss or not.

NAT1Mud.jpg

oscillatewildly

Took my (then) 1 year old to his first game - Bristol City at home 2014/15. After he (Oggy) had confused himself as to which was the worst out of Allsop and Burge in the pre-match ritual humiliation of the GK's, I called him over (We were front row behind goal) and asked him to hold t'baby while we took a couple of pics. Oggy obliged duly and even smiled as he held my lad up, resplendent still in his keepers gloves.
My boy wasn't too impressed tho going by his expression.

Bob Latchford

Saw him at a Cov Sporting game in a friendly . he was warming up in a corridor to play outfield in the 2nd half . I walk by , I said ffs Oggy , you're shit in goal never mind outfield - thought it was gonna be the Haye v Bellew match ... he wasn't happy :woot: Have seen him a few times and, i'd agree , miserable as fcuk . mind , I'd be too, if I was that ugly :cat:.

Grendel

When we were playing football in Lowther St, Sean Flynn pulled up asking for directions to Highfield Road. Locations marked out with devastating accuracy below, I'm still not sure if he was just taking the piss or not.

NAT1Mud.jpg

He probably remembered the Christmas encounter and wanted another chat.

christonabike

The bloke is a miserable fook every time I have spoke to him. I used to work at Henleys when we were sponsored by Peugeot and he used to have his car serviced etc there. If you said morning how's things he would just sigh as if I had asked him for £50.
See him in the Open arms and Burnt post every now and again but wouldn't give him the steam off my piss. Arrogant miserable fook.
You only take people as you find.

NortonSkyBlue

Saw him down C&NW cricket quite a few times drove a nice BMW but very miserable bloke, judging by the quality of our 2 young goalkeepers he should be relieved of his position as goalkeeping coach, great servant that he was the gravy train has stopped running and he needs to jump off.
Just asking a question! How much do you imagine Oggy earns on this gravy train?
I have no idea myself but I have seen comments about him not earning his money etc.....and I am genuinely interested on what your perception is.

ajsccfc

He probably remembered the Christmas encounter and wanted another chat.
Nah, this was my first time meeting the Sean Flynn. Also, was stood behind Cobi Jones in a McDonald's queue and didn't realise until he was walking out that he was an international footballer rather than a homeless man. Dirty wax jacket, right scruffy bastard.

oscillatewildly

Saw him running up the pitch (As an outfield player) in that David Busst testimonial against Man U. I still wake up in a cold sweat when the image occasionally re-visits.

Grendel

Nah, this was my first time meeting the Sean Flynn. Also, was stood behind Cobi Jones in a McDonald's queue and didn't realise until he was walking out that he was an international footballer rather than a homeless man. Dirty wax jacket, right scruffy bastard.

At Uni one year I lived near the football ground. One of the guys I shared with said "there's a wino sitting in our garden" - it was Brian Clough.

Sad but true

Bob Latchford

Did it ever come out as to why Write played keepy uppy with Oggy's face ?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Played cricket against his son a couple of times with Oggy watching on the sidelines in a competitive dad way. From what I've heard, his son wasn't as good a cricketer as Oggy.
Also remember seeing him at a school six aside competition once. He seemed to have gigantic hands and was able to carry two footballs in each hand at once.
Yes, I accept that he is a miserable sod but wouldn't most of us be after sitting on that bench for the past 15 years. But he was a brilliant keeper and undoubtedly kept us in the top division at least a couple of times. Only had two main criticisms, firstly he couldn't kick straight for toffee and secondly, he never seemed to save penalties.

trevelfarandwide

Remember the meet and greet City did at the new Broadgate in 95? Oggy was the only regular who didn't turn up, I'm sure.

Sean Flynn, Brian Borrows and Ally Pickering were the most friendly of the bunch, Bugsy especially.

Asked Dion for his autograph and he barked: "where's ya pen?!" at me, amidst a hail of spittle. Nob.

Bob Latchford

Played cricket against his son a couple of times with Oggy watching on the sidelines in a competitive dad way. From what I've heard, his son wasn't as good a cricketer as Oggy.
Also remember seeing him at a school six aside competition once. He seemed to have gigantic hands and was able to carry two footballs in each hand at once.
Yes, I accept that he is a miserable sod but wouldn't most of us be after sitting on that bench for the past 15 years. But he was a brilliant keeper and undoubtedly kept us in the top division at least a couple of times. Only had two main criticisms, firstly he couldn't kick straight for toffee and secondly, he never seemed to save penalties.

upload_2017-3-6_18-55-19.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread