Our defensive record... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I know people have been banging on about lack of goals up top (and rightly so although today helped big time) but I’m astounded by our defensive record.

There’s not one team in the Championship, L1 or L2 who have conceded less than us.

And when you include the EPL, only Man Utd, Man City and Spurs have conceded less...and they’ve played 6 games less than us.

When you think that 3 of those 8 goals conceded have been GK howlers, to only concede 5 goals that have been not gifted, is truly phenomenal.

Great work by the analysts, coaching staff and Robins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adge

Yep-now lets hope with the goals today we start firing them in at the other end too.

stevefloyd

Its just a case of finding the right balance, too many people were stupidly calling for Robins to go after he has thus far done brilliant for us, he makes mistakes of course but some of the mistakes are fine line , yesterday he got everything spot on and I will give credit to the tall ugly one too but only a little

tigersb

Its just a case of finding the right balance, too many people were stupidly calling for Robins to go after he has thus far done brilliant for us, he makes mistakes of course but some of the mistakes are fine line , yesterday he got everything spot on and I will give credit to the tall ugly one too but only a little
Whilst I think Robbins has done well I would not say he has been brilliant
Remember this is league two and at the very least we should be top three at the end of the season
Hope that's the way it pans out,but we could have had at least six more points so far which the manager must take some of the blame for

fernandopartridge

Remember this is league two and at the very least we should be top three at the end of the season
Hope that's the way it pans out,but we could have had at least six more points so far which the manager must take some of the blame for
We're a league two side. Robins is doing well, have a look at the stats for teams dropping into this league, not many get promoted first time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Chesterfield - what were their expectations?
Some strange results in this league. If we keep our defensive record anywhere near what it is (or even a tad worse) we will be thereabouts.

stevefloyd

With the shite we have had for the past few years in comparison with that he has been brilliant to get us where we are, sure as I say he has made mistakes but credit where credit is due when was the last time any managers defence has conceded so few goals not in my lifetime I dont think

Happy_Martian

Sorry guys but I can't blame Robins for the strikers not scoring. He trains the team, he picks them but he can't put the ball in the back of the net as well. He also works with the defenders and they seem to be doing alright :)

clint van damme

Sorry guys but I can't blame Robins for the strikers not scoring. He trains the team, he picks them but he can't put the ball in the back of the net as well. He also works with the defenders and they seem to be doing alright :)

But you can set a team up to create chances and we haven't been.
Hopefully, as of yesterday, we've turned a corner.

Otis

And this is with a keeper most us don't rate that highly. Even if you think he is pretty good, he's not outstanding and anyone else would assume we would have an outstanding keeper with the record we've got.

letsallsingtogether

And this is with a keeper most us don't rate that highly. Even if you think he is pretty good, he's not outstanding and anyone else would assume we would have an outstanding keeper with the record we've got.
Well made 2 or 3 great saves yesterday.
First one kept us in the lead had that gone in we easily could have lost.

Covstu

I suppose the question is, can you have both a fantastic defense and an effective attack? We have deep lying midfielders which is partly the reason for the lack of goals. I think if we want to score more consistently we have to be more adventurous which could cost us goals

Nick

Administrator
I suppose the question is, can you have both a fantastic defense and an effective attack? We have deep lying midfielders which is partly the reason for the lack of goals. I think if we want to score more consistently we have to be more adventurous which could cost us goals

We need to hope teams will go all out against us rather than park the bus, let a good defence hopefully soak the pressure up and then find the spaces / gaps and exploit it.

Covstu

We need to hope teams will go all out against us rather than park the bus, let a good defence hopefully soak the pressure up and then find the spaces / gaps and exploit it.
But anyone doing their homework against us won’t at home?

ccfcway

That's not going to happen ?

We need to work out how to break teams that do this, whilst maintaining a sold defence

Adge

Just 2 goals conceded at home so far and both of them were goalkeeping howlers
I remember someone on here saying that they were going to put a bet on us being unbeaten at home all season.
I guess that guy has not since been the pub and returned late home to the Mrs!

Users who are viewing this thread