Our gates (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

We got another rubbish gate against Oldham of about 8800. Gates at this club have been in terminal decline for sometime. Yet our solution remains to try and improve results by sacking the manager. People aren't turning up any more because we've burned our way through some decent managers over the last decade and still slid through the league because we consistently fail to deal with the central problem which is our owners.

Getting rid of Sisu is a big problem which we must tackle head on. One option we should look at is petitioning central government to make Hedge funds disclose all of the investors in their fund that have money tied up in any football clubs they own.

Something tells me we'd be a lot less interesting as an investment to Sisu if they had to disclose this info and they might even go rather than be forced to do that.

At the end of the day we must do something or there won't be much of a club left soon.

AFCCOVENTRY

Gates will only reduce through the season especially if the current form continues.

We are so far away from the team we had at the start of last season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

As I said earlier on in the season, putting the prices up will put people off, especially when we're playing shit. They've fucked that up too.

Who wants to spend £25 plus travel and £4 a pint to watch what was on Saturday the equivalent of the Royal Oak vs The City Arms.

If we're playing well and getting results it's a different story, but if we hit the heights of last season the attendences still won't be as big because the cost rules people out.

Nick

Administrator
As I said earlier on in the season, putting the prices up will put people off, especially when we're playing shit. They've fucked that up too.

Who wants to spend £25 plus travel and £4 a pint to watch what was on Saturday the equivalent of the Royal Oak vs The City Arms.

If we're playing well and getting results it's a different story, but if we hit the heights of last season the attendences still won't be as big because the cost rules people out.

Isn't that just football considering we are the same as pretty much every other L1 club? How are we going to expect to do anything if we have to make losses on the only real thing that brings money in?

hill83

I'm not going this season because it a massive fucking pain in the arse, boring as fuck and shit. Plus the 8 other people I used to go with have all given up too.
It a load of shite. The whole lot can fuck off.

And monday morning can fuck off too.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not going this season because it a massive fucking pain in the arse, boring as fuck and shit. Plus the 8 other people I used to go with have all given up too.

giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Isn't that just football considering we are the same as pretty much every other L1 club? How are we going to expect to do anything if we have to make losses on the only real thing that brings money in?

I guess the stark difference is that compared to other teams, our club needs to work harder to attract the interest as the situation with CCFC has been one of the worst for fans across the country for a long time now, barring maybe Luton, and Portsmouth.

I know you don't agree with my stance that the prices going up this year is a bad decision, but it puts people off and hits the revenue the other way. On a bias point of view, it's certainly kept me away a lot already this season.

On the poll I made, about a third of respondents stated that the prices are putting them off this season. If the tickets were £20 standard on Saturday we might have had another 1000 there perhaps. More revenue and more noise.

Competitive doesn't mean affordable either. I'm not saying put tickets at a tenner and go bust, but at least make the tickets affordable and good value.

hill83

I've always had a season ticket, but couldn't commit this year before the cut off time. I'm not fucking about with match packages, and I've always said I'd never pay even £20 for a ticket.
I wouldn't pay that even if I was going to watch Barcelona. It's not a case of affordabilty, I'm just not paying £20.
This is where I'd normally say that would all change if we won the next 10 in a row, but not this time.

ClarkeZ

I guess the stark difference is that compared to other teams, our club needs to work harder to attract the interest as the situation with CCFC has been one of the worst for fans across the country for a long time now, barring maybe Luton, and Portsmouth.

I know you don't agree with my stance that the prices going up this year is a bad decision, but it puts people off and hits the revenue the other way. On a bias point of view, it's certainly kept me away a lot already this season.

On the poll I made, about a third of respondents stated that the prices are putting them off this season. If the tickets were £20 standard on Saturday we might have had another 1000 there perhaps. More revenue and more noise.

Competitive doesn't mean affordable either. I'm not saying put tickets at a tenner and go bust, but at least make the tickets affordable and good value.
Im certain there would be an interesting graph displaying gate, ticket cost. From which you could workout where the club makes the most money.

At gates of circa 9000 and prices at £25 theres a total income (before any costs at all) of £225,000
If tickets were £20 you would need 11250 gate
If tickets were £15 you would need 15000.

So I would be very intrigued to see what the gates would be at the lower prices and whether enough extra people would attend to make up the revenue.
There would be an ideal cross between price drop and gate increase, I think coming down to about £20 would be better personally. But the stats would be very interesting.

I also think reducing parking back to £5 (while possibly out of CCFC control) would have a direct impact on gates too.

chiefdave

So I would be very intrigued to see what the gates would be at the lower prices and whether enough extra people would attend to make up the revenue.
That's what they tried last season, put the ticket prices down but the crowds didn't increase enough to cover the lost revenue.

Its where we hit a problem compared to other clubs. Other clubs can offset lost ticket revenue with other revenue streams that we don't get.

bringbackrattles

I had a feeling you'd knocked it on the head as haven't seen you around. You said your dad was pissed off too. Saturday was strange as many weren't in the pub or ground like usual, die hards even jacking it in now.
After the match the pub was empty so fans just went home. The woes of a City fan !

hill83

I had a feeling you'd knocked it on the head as haven't seen you around. You said your dad was pissed off too. Saturday was strange as many weren't in the pub or ground like usual, die hards even jacking it in now.
After the match the pub was empty so fans just went home. The woes of a City fan !

Yeah, it's a shame. He's totally done with it now, doesn't even check for the results.

duffer

Bit harsh this. On the Royal Oak that is, they had a couple of decent players as I recall.

D

Deleted member 2477

The history of our clubs fickle fans is another massive reason. Granted with all the off field antics, our owners and taking us away to the hill we lost a lot of fans who found better things to do but you you only have to look at our history and some comments on here to see we have a lot of fickle fans who would rather sit at home unless there is a sniff of a wembley ticket. After saturday i can see why

hill83

The history of our clubs fickle fans is another massive reason. Granted with all the off field antics, our owners and taking us away to the hill we lost a lot of fans who found better things to do but you you only have to look at our history and some comments on here to see we have a lot of fickle fans who would rather sit at home unless there is a sniff of a wembley ticket. After saturday i can see why

I totally agree. Fickle as fuck, and I'd be one of the first to mention it. But I've had enough and stand by it.

bringbackrattles

Yeah, it's a shame. He's totally done with it now, doesn't even check for the results.
That is bad news as I know he's been a fan for a long time. I got in Saturday with my mate and at the end thought we'd better start winning soon or there will be more away fans than home by Christmas !

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Im certain there would be an interesting graph displaying gate, ticket cost. From which you could workout where the club makes the most money.

At gates of circa 9000 and prices at £25 theres a total income (before any costs at all) of £225,000
If tickets were £20 you would need 11250 gate
If tickets were £15 you would need 15000.

There would be an ideal cross between price drop and gate increase, I think coming down to about £20 would be better personally. But the stats would be very interesting.

I also think reducing parking back to £5 (while possibly out of CCFC control) would have a direct impact on gates too.

You'd have to factor in season tickets too. They're fixed, so the match day ticket prices only really affect the ones that turn up on the day.

If you think we did break that 11,000 barrier on average last season, and we sold considerably less season tickets compared to now.

Yes, the football was a lot better, but the amount of people forking out on a Saturday afternoon was larger by thousands.

I agree with you about car parking. £10 is just another hurdle. I think it they got the trains running it would help, but when the football is as undesirable as it is right now, you have to do everything possible to encourage people going. Jacking up the prices of everything gives more people an excuse not to go.

sky_blue_up_north

Football is in the entertainments business, basically we've not been entertained for years apart from the 1st half of last season and JTP run a couple of seasons ago. I have a season ticket, and have had for longer than I care to remember, did not bother Saturday or the Northampton game. I've had enough of rubbish football, lack of vision by the 'owners' who don't have a clue. Been a fan for over 55 years, so I don't think I'm fickle, just pissed off. Remember we have gone longer than any league club without any sort of success. Personally I don't blame the missing fans. Until we start to entertain and start winning game again its all down hill.

Pipehitterz

Love to have 4quid a pint
This year is 4.80!!!

Must say I'm not enjoying the ricoh at all this season. Bar a few around me, a fair amount from last 2 years have not turned up this year.
Saturday was the first game since I can't remember where I sat down for the whole game, I usually stand.
IT seems that you have to be in the upper reaches of 15 to stand now without being asked to sit ( understandable ) from the person sitting behind.
Last home game I never noticed them sitting, when I apologized for my standing in front, they stated they didn't mind as it shielded them from the dross on the pitch lol.

Sbarcher

Problem is our gates belong to Wasps!

rupert_bear

Fans are doing what they always do, vote with their feet, we have a double whammy here absolute crap football and a political nightmare. The situation here looks hopeless now, last year we produced good attacking watchable football and gates rose about 20% I suspect most of them have drifted back off

Brylowes

As we look back not too many years at gates of 17.000 to 23.000 and lament
The notable decline, if things at the top of the club don't change, I think in not
Too many years we'll be looking back at current gates of 8.000 to 10.000 in the
Same way.

Pipehitterz

didnt we get 18000 boxing day
the fans will come if the football is good , regardless of whos running the club

last season there was no sisu out songs

this season, as we were about to kick off at swindon, there was sisu out songs, way to support the team eh, before we'd even kicked a ball

Reactions: vow

glancy89

Why will they not just allow school children free tickets?? The new generation of kids are supporting Blues, Villa and Leicester plus the usual Man U, Chelsea and Arsenals etc. All kids in Coventry primary school should be given regular batches of free tickets. Also a walk up policy on the day that under 12's receive a free ticket when accompanied by a paying Adult.
Kids will want a pie or a drink or a programme - the club will make money off this kind of campaign and the team would have more support in the stadium.

Nick

Administrator
Why will they not just allow school children free tickets?? The new generation of kids are supporting Blues, Villa and Leicester plus the usual Man U, Chelsea and Arsenals etc. All kids in Coventry primary school should be given regular batches of free tickets. Also a walk up policy on the day that under 12's receive a free ticket when accompanied by a paying Adult.
Kids will want a pie or a drink or a programme - the club will make money off this kind of campaign and the team would have more support in the stadium.

They do, just sign them up as a JSB. It is one of the fair few benefits.

Schools get tickets every week as well.

SkyblueBri

I,ve been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to think about, the game is a social thing, I meet my mates and we get together and cheer on our team. We can remember the glory days in the 60's, so I feel sorry for all our younger fans who have known nothing but failure. Do not moan about our gates, the fact we got 8000 playing crap is outstanding. Success of any sort will bring fans back.

shmmeee

Schools get tickets. I've seen first hand them unable to give them away.

Not been this season. Thinking about going next game but to be honest there's enough depressing shit in my life right now and I'd rather go swimming with the kids. Would've had a season ticket if the deal had been like before, now I've got to convince myself (and me Dad who is even less interested) to pick a game and spend £20 it just doesn't happen.

The club doesn't have a god given right to customers, it's been shit for years and keeps getting worse, don't blame anyone for jacking it in.

Users who are viewing this thread