Owners & Directors test (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The FA & FL make a great thing of this test, it is also a key part of the strategy put to the Sports Minister for improving governance of the game. Just thought everyone should take a look at the" rigorous "tests of suitability and ability the FA & FL put people through

www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/0/8c/0,,10794~166912,00.pdf

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/more/financial-regulation
see resources at bottom of page to see actual regulations and form

bottom line so long as you can tick a few boxes and have not been caught you are in ...... or am i misreading it?

There is nothing there that says anything about having the ability to run a club or that the FA & FL will do detailed checks to confirm anything .... or am i misreading again?

Surely we cant be relying a tick box exercise to govern a multi pound business can we ?

Last edited:

simple_simon

If they can do this to us then it will happen to other clubs.

I am angry that so called loyal supporters are going to go to Northampton and back our owners.
These people are going to be the main reason we will not exist in a year.

The FL could change this and make them play at Ricoh, but due to a few selfish tossers Fisher has sold the whole concept to them. Hope those who do go are proud that they have helped kill our club.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We are, applies to ALL 91 other FL clubs!

You may have noticed I put this in the general football forum ........ because it was not about our club

"Surely we cant be relying a tick box exercise to govern a multi pound business can we" refers to the governance of the whole Football League not CCFC

chiefdave

you are correct OSB. there was some questioning down in the this part of the world with some of the owners pompey had and the answer that came from the FL essentially it was that way as they could not afford to do any form of proper test or defend themselves in court if they turned anyone down and they took legal action.

Users who are viewing this thread