Paul Dickov.. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

New Doncaster manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22596813

Doncaster Rovers have appointed Paul Dickov as their new manager.
The 40-year-old succeeds Brian Flynn who moved into a director of football position after helping the team win promotion back to the Championship.
Dickov has been out of work since leaving Oldham at the start of February with the Latics one point above the League One relegation zone.
Play media
The former Scotland international was appointed at Boundary Park in June 2010, his first managerial post.
He told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I'm really excited and I'm looking forward to the new season with a lot of enthusiasm.
"As soon as I knew this job was available it was the one I wanted. I'd turned down a couple of jobs prior to this becoming available and I've had some approaches in the last couple of weeks. I desperately wanted to come here because I know I can be successful.
"Momentum is very important and we've seen recently a lot of clubs go up through League One and do well in the Championship.
"Our aim has to be to retain our Championship status. We have to make sure that first and foremost we have a team that goes into every single game believing they can win it."

He led the Latics to final positions of 17th and 16th in his two full seasons but left earlier this season with the club having lost eight of their previous nine matches.
Despite their poor league form prior to his exit, Dickov guided the team to victories over Nottingham Forest and Liverpool in the FA Cup.
Rovers were relegated from the Championship at the end of the 2011-12 campaign but gained promotion at the first attempt under the guidance of Flynn, who took over from Wolves-bound Dean Saunders in January.

Poor appointment, I suspect he will bring them straight back down.

kg82

Hmm, I think we'll be seeing Donny back in L1 soon enough. I can't see their fans being too happy with that appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread