Paul Scholes retires aged 36 (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

mediaManager

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has announced his retirement at the age of 36, with immediate effect.

Scholes made his United debut in 1994 and played for them 676 times, and will now join the club's coaching staff.

"This was not a decision I've taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing," he said.

"Paul has always been inspirational to players of all ages and we know that will continue in his new role," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

rob9872

Pity there isn't a chance AT can tempt him with one year in the Championship :)

LastGarrison

I always thought he would bow out with a year at his beloved Oldham but guess he doesn't need hacking down every game.

An absolutely quality player and a model professional.

Shame he didn't play on longer for England.

rob9872

It was the time he always found on the ball like all good players do. When he didn't have it, constantly looking all around him and trying to sit in space so he could receive it and get something going. First class palyer but probably the worst player in history when it came to tackling.

SkyBlueMania

He was just so consistent with everything he did in every game, no matter who the opponent; his ability to find space in a packed midfield, his ability to thread superb pinpoint passes through a solid defence and most impressive of all, his ability to wreck boys with such utter devastation and lapse timing that you had to wonder, can a professional footballer trully be that uncoordinated in tackles or does he do that shit for fun?

A hero in the passing

Covstu

One of the best midfielders i have ever seen, particularly in an england shirt. Model professional and will be missed but a good decision in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread