Peterborough Match Thread (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

Going for a 2-1 win. Flying back from Shanghai esoecially, so we had better win. About time Murphy got the first goal.

lewys33

wow! 4 now!

i must be watching a different team lately

I don't care to be honest, as long as we win, and at least 1 loanee scores just so they can keep themselves entertained with more bullshit about the loan system.

Otis

As for a prediction? I guess it could boil down to who misses their international duty players the most.

I do think personally we will miss Stephens more than we will Armstrong.

Am guessing as they have 6 missing, it's going to hurt them more than it will hurt us.

robbiethemole

on the bright side, Bigiramana isn't eligble for Borundi for some reason so will feature on Friday...................lucky us huh??? :whistle:

Johnnythespider

0-0 until the 70th minute when Jodi Jones will come on and score 1 and set up another. 2-0 to us.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vow

Nice scenario Johnny, think it will be a draw though 1-1

Otis

TM says some of the U21's could well be in the squad for tomorrow.

Who do we reckon? Jones, Harries, George Thomas? That sound about right?

CCFC88

Id like to see bigi start tomorrow, in the middle alongside Fleck. Would expect him to be hungry after having not started for a long time and never played alongside Fleck.

I think these two could compliment each other if they are both 100% committed.

LB87ccfc

Id like to see bigi start tomorrow, in the middle alongside Fleck. Would expect him to be hungry after having not started for a long time and never played alongside Fleck.

I think these two could compliment each other if they are both 100% committed.

By passing it side to side all night ...;)

stupot07

Much rather Rose play in his natural position CM with Fleck if Vincelot drops to CB
I agree. Fleck and bigi are too similar, and at least Rose will break from midfield. Bigi and Fleck will be competing to see who can play the deepest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I agree. Fleck and bigi are too similar, and at least Rose will break from midfield. Bigi and Fleck will be competing to see who can play the deepest

True. Not a good combination I don't think.

If Vincelot drops into the back four, Rose can move into the DM slot and that would allow Lameiras to come in, or if TM wanted to gamble, Jodi Jones.

CCFC88

By the looks of it we will not have a genuine LB starting tomorrow night, Rose would be much more useful playing left wing and helping out whichever part time LB gets shifted in there.

If we had Hunt/Ricketts (LB) Llameris (LM) I fear we would get murdered down that wing, whipping crosses into Vincelot defending at CB, I'd be very worried.

CCFC88

I agree. Fleck and bigi are too similar, and at least Rose will break from midfield. Bigi and Fleck will be competing to see who can play the deepest 

Fleck has always been capable and effective of breaking from midfield, in our purple patch he was doing this regularly and was the one who got attacks started, he hasnt done this of late for whatever reason, I think playing alongside bigi who is naturally defensive will allow him to go forward more.

LB87ccfc

Fleck has always been capable and effective of breaking from midfield, in our purple patch he was doing this regularly and was the one who got attacks started, he hasnt done this of late for whatever reason, I think playing alongside bigi who is naturally defensive will allow him to go forward more.

Although it seems there a good chance Bigi will start tomorrow, I fear for the centre of the park never mind the left wing.

Bigi cannot tackle to save his life, Rose won every 50 50 and was all over the place breaking up the play at Vale away, he needs to be in the centre breaking the play and laying it off.

Ricketts and Murphy on the left hand side more than capable.

Put Lameries through the middle ( natural postion please Tony hes a number 10 not a winger) and give Jones a chance to show what he can do for 60 mins on the right )

We need battlers at the moment unfortunately Bigi has never been a battler.

CCFC88

Well we'll see what TM does, Murphy doesnt track back and would leave Ricketts exposed.

If Vincelot is played at CB Id much rather see Murphy on the right infront of a natural RB in Lorentzon, with Rose on the left to help out Ricketts.

Bigi can do a job in CM and deserves a chance, hopefully he will take heart from the turnaround in fortunes he has seen MAF produce.

Otis

Although it seems there a good chance Bigi will start tomorrow, I fear for the centre of the park never mind the left wing.

Bigi cannot tackle to save his life, Rose won every 50 50 and was all over the place breaking up the play at Vale away, he needs to be in the centre breaking the play and laying it off.

Ricketts and Murphy on the left hand side more than capable.

Put Lameries through the middle ( natural postion please Tony hes a number 10 not a winger) and give Jones a chance to show what he can do for 60 mins on the right )

We need battlers at the moment unfortunately Bigi has never been a battler.
Whether you like him or not, I very much feel Bigi is a groove type of player. If he gets in his groove he can do okay, but if he is harried or hustled or pressurised his game goes to pot and he mis-hits passes all over the park.

Don't think this is a division where you get the time on the ball and therefore he worries me greatly.

And you're right, he is a poor tackler.

CCFC88

Laying it off? As in sideways passing? ;)

stupot07

I think we're using different definitions of breaking from midfield. Fleck on form will carry the back into attacking areas or will drip onto a loose ball 30 yards out. I don't class that as breaking from midfield, even on form he rarely positions himself ahead of the ball in oppositions half and i can't remember him breaking into the box once off the ball all season. Vincelot has on occasions and scored but fleck doesn't. This is what I mean by breaking from midfield and is something Rose can do but neither fleck or bigi will do.

fernandopartridge

I think we're using different definitions of breaking from midfield. Fleck on form will carry the back into attacking areas or will drip onto a loose ball 30 yards out. I don't class that as breaking from midfield, even on form he rarely positions himself ahead of the ball in oppositions half and i can't remember him breaking into the box once off the ball all season. Vincelot has on occasions and scored but fleck doesn't. This is what I mean by breaking from midfield and is something Rose can do but neither fleck or bigi will do.

Aye, you don't see Fleck in the box or even on the edge of it.

CCFC88

Ahh, I get you break forward without the ball, I took your wording of "break from midfield" as a player who wins the ball or picks up on a loose ball and breaks forward with it, so you're talking about a CM who gets into attacking positions when we have the ball.

I dont think its a role neccessary in the system TM is persisting with as that is really the role of the number 10 cole/madison in behind the CF.

In a 4-4-2 this works as there is space in the hole behind the strikers, Frank Lampard/Gerrard prime examples in their better days, I think if you have either of the DCM's moving into attacking situations they are just congesting that area of the pitch even more so, you will usually find 2 players tracking Cole/Maddison in this area of the pitch.

stupot07

Ahh, I get you break forward without the ball, I took your wording of "break from midfield" as a player who wins the ball or picks up on a loose ball and breaks forward with it, so you're talking about a CM who gets into attacking positions when we have the ball.

I dont think its a role neccessary in the system TM is persisting with as that is really the role of the number 10 cole/madison in behind the CF.

In a 4-4-2 this works as there is space in the hole behind the strikers, Frank Lampard/Gerrard prime examples in their better days, I think if you have either of the DCM's moving into attacking situations they are just congesting that area of the pitch even more so, you will usually find 2 players tracking Cole/Maddison in this area of the pitch.
Problem is it doesn't happen in our system as Cole, Maddison, Murphy, lamieres, etc don't make those runs, they all want the ball deep to pick it up and run with it. We've lacked midfield runners getting into the box all season. The ball goes wide and it's usually just Armstrong on his own in the box. Rose did it really well on Saturday. Darren Pratley did it really well for Swansea a few years ago the session they got promoted.

Nick

Administrator
Problem is it doesn't happen in our system as Cole, Maddison, Murphy, lamieres, etc don't make those runs, they all want the ball deep to pick it up and run with it. We've lacked midfield runners getting into the box all season. The ball goes wide and it's usually just Armstrong on his own in the box. Rose did it really well on Saturday. Darren Pratley did it really well for Swansea a few years ago the session they got promoted.

Noticed that with rose, broke his neck to get in the box every time

Sky Blue Harry H

Feeling more upbeat about this game. Two of their main players Samuelson and Zakuani away on international call up together with a NI defender. Only need to worry about their Maddison IMHO (although Forrester is a decent player too). COME ON CITY !!!

Users who are viewing this thread