Pheonix Companies (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Enjoy your thread.:):wave:

Swiss, OSB, Brighton, I genuinely hope out of all this mess, somewhere, comes the club you want to follow. The most sad thing in all this would be the divorces that follow for many who have done nothing wrong than follow a middle of the road club from the Midlands.

valiant, I'd hope you too get the club you deserve, but that would hurt me and others too.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, yes and no, and obviously there are grey areas.

I'd agree with the general point though.

The question is, are we going to see this as a wake-up call to the ills of English football as a whole, or just demand the next 'investor' to come in, say the right things, pump some money in early on to get the fans onside, but demand a return?

I really hope MK Dons for one aren't inluded on the away only list of games, for example. Others will differ, but I think it sends out toally the wrong message to condone their existence while protesting ours.

Well yes you still get dominance in German football from certain teams but that comes from high crowds, successful merchandising and so on rather than some folks from Abu Dhabi throwing stupid amounts at it. The problem we have here is that the Premier League is just never going to give up its ways despite how much more profitable the German league has become.

valiant15

Swiss, OSB, Brighton, I genuinely hope out of all this mess, somewhere, comes the club you want to follow. The most sad thing in all this would be the divorces that follow for many who have done nothing wrong than follow a middle of the road club from the Midlands.

valiant, I'd hope you too get the club you deserve, but that would hurt me and others too.

You and your sisu arse licking mates on here have got the club you deserve dickhead. I meant what I said last night. Feel free to pm anytime. We can discuss ccfc over a pint or two.

NorthernWisdom

Well yes you still get dominance in German football from certain teams but that comes from high crowds, successful merchandising and so on rather than some folks from Abu Dhabi throwing stupid amounts at it.

A bit like we used to have.

And the problem is Germany's recent success sees the start of pressure for their systems to change, as people want in on it.

Of course they also get teams tagged with prefixes from major pharmecutical companies, and relatively big teams going bust when that support is withdrawn so it's not perfect as is. I wouldn't fancy a Glaxo Coventry any time soon.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm just so intensely fed up with how poor we have become on the field as a result of all that's gone on. Yeovil, Bournemouth and Barnsley are a league higher and we're nowhere near reaching them.

NorthernWisdom

I'm just so intensely fed up with how poor we have become on the field as a result of all that's gone on. Yeovil, Bournemouth and Barnsley are a league higher and we're nowhere near reaching them.

It's why I want to make sure the foundations are right, though.

Yeovil and Bournemouth get their time in the sun, but they're the exceptions that prove the rule. We've dipped now, but we will be better than Yeovil in time, as long as the foundations are right.

Getting the foundations right, whoever's in charge, could see a dip further.

But I'd accept that dip happening under any new owner if I saw the club actually being built back.

Brighton Sky Blue

A bit like we used to have.

And the problem is Germany's recent success sees the start of pressure for their systems to change, as people want in on it.

Of course they also get teams tagged with prefixes from major pharmecutical companies, and relatively big teams going bust when that support is withdrawn so it's not perfect as is. I wouldn't fancy a Glaxo Coventry any time soon.

Having worked for GSK I'm sure I could wangle something ;)

Standing areas at games, free or discounted travel for away fans, rules forcing fans to have majority shareholdings and a league which turns over large profits. They are yards ahead.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's why I want to make sure the foundations are right, though.

Yeovil and Bournemouth get their time in the sun, but they're the exceptions that prove the rule. We've dipped now, but we will be better than Yeovil in time, as long as the foundations are right.

Getting the foundations right, whoever's in charge, could see a dip further.

But I'd accept that dip happening under any new owner if I saw the club actually being built back.

We have been dipping for a dozen years with no sign of recovery. With rules tightening around piss taking clubs like Cardiff and Leicester the Ricoh is our main hope of ever being a profitable enterprise-SISU must realise this.

SkyBlueSwiss

Whats it to do with you? You're right up fishers backside.

Come on people, please.
WE are in the same position relative to SISU/ fisher etc., but there is no need for this sort of language. North and others have every right to express their viewpoint, which from their perspective is as valid as ours (even though we know they are wrong - sorry, couldn't resist that :)).
Please show some respect for fellow fans, even if we disagree with them.

NorthernWisdom

Come on people, please.
WE are in the same position relative to SISU/ fisher etc., but there is no need for this sort of language. North and others have every right to express their viewpoint, which from their perspective is as valid as ours (even though we know they are wrong - sorry, couldn't resist that :)).
Please show some respect for fellow fans, even if we disagree with them.

The biggest joke is, when a normal conversation ensues, we're actually not that far away on position anyway!

covmark

The most sensible thread for days spoiled by the biggest prat on this forum, hurling threats from behind your keyboard, what a big man you are

Users who are viewing this thread