Phone upgrade time..... (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Being a bit of an apple convert, I ideally want to go for the 6S. However, the handsets are so much more than those on android. In two minds about what to do for my new handset.

Looking to buy the handset outright as no longer on contract, but struggling to find a decent enough deal for the iPhone 6S - apart from this one, but never heard of the site - http://www.valuebasket.com/en_GB/Ap...d-(MKQP)(Silver)/mainproduct/view/20722-AA-SL - reviews seem alright and price is atleast £50.00 cheaper than ive seen elsewhere, but is it worth the risk or should I just pay the extra £50?

Only other handset I like is the Samsung S6 Edge, but not convinced I want to go back to Android...... although that handset is cheaper.

Any ideas? Anyone used the Samsung? What is Android like now a days?

stupot07

I'm in the same boat, been due an upgrade for 10 months but can't be arsed to phone tesco's up as I know they'll do me a shitty deal.

I've got so many apple products it's easier to stay with them than move to a Samsung. A couple of my colleagues have the S6 edge and love them but I do love my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm in the same boat, been due an upgrade for 10 months but can't be arsed to phone tesco's up as I know they'll do me a shitty deal.

I've got so many apple products it's easier to stay with them than move to a Samsung. A couple of my colleagues have the S6 edge and love them but I do love my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

That's the problem I have; I really like apple. So simple to use, does everything I need it to, never had any issues with the phones ive had that have been apple. Its just the price bit that's bugging me!

stupot07

That's the problem I have; I really like apple. So simple to use, does everything I need it to, never had any issues with the phones ive had that have been apple. Its just the price bit that's bugging me!

Yep, especially as you have to go for the 64gb version as 16 is not enough.

lewys33

I've just ordered a 6s 64gb on the basis I always like a different phone. Had a Sony Z2 and I think the best phone on the market at the moment is the Z5 premium but it's too similar to mine and I always like something different. Don't like the cheap feel of samsung so I have gone back to iphone (last I had was a 5).

Covstu

I've just ordered a 6s 64gb on the basis I always like a different phone. Had a Sony Z2 and I think the best phone on the market at the moment is the Z5 premium but it's too similar to mine and I always like something different. Don't like the cheap feel of samsung so I have gone back to iphone (last I had was a 5).
Mine feels great thanks.... Mainly go for android phones, much better apps and better to watch decent free films!

Pipehitterz

had an unfortunate ' down the toilet ' moment with my beloved htc one m7, loved it so much i ditched the contract upgrade and ended up with a £14 a month sim only
at the time of upgrade i honestly couldnt see what would be an improvement on the best phone i'd ever bought, the m8 and m9 didnt seem any kind of upgrade and i wouldnt buy a robbing apple product if you paid for it for me

anyways, as a quick fix i bough a pay as you vodaphone phone 'smart ultra 6' made by ZTE , chinese made i believe
i got a discount so got it for £80 , got it unlocked, and now i have the best phone (to value) on the market, honestly its that good i dont think i'll ever get a rip off premium phone again

ditch the premium people, £14 a month aposed to getting robbed to the tune of £50 a month

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I last topped up my phone with a tenner on July 7th. I put another tenner on yesterday as I was down to 77p credit. I just don't see the need for all these upgrades. Had the same mobile number for about 15 years. Only ever changed my phone twice in the last 6 or 7 years.

skybluejelly

I last topped up my phone with a tenner on July 7th. I put another tenner on yesterday as I was down to 77p credit. I just don't see the need for all these upgrades. Had the same mobile number for about 15 years. Only ever changed my phone twice in the last 6 or 7 years.

You are the same as my dad houch.. Except the credit ..last time I checked it he had over £150.00 on it if he keeps on at that rate he will have more on the phone than he does in the bank

Sick Boy

You are the same as my dad houch.. Except the credit ..last time I checked it he had over £150.00 on it if he keeps on at that rate he will have more on the phone than he does in the bank

Hahaha mine is like that as well. Despite having had a mobile for years and years and still types with one finger and using up 3 spaces between words.

skybluesam66

Being a bit of an apple convert, I ideally want to go for the 6S. However, the handsets are so much more than those on android. In two minds about what to do for my new handset.

Looking to buy the handset outright as no longer on contract, but struggling to find a decent enough deal for the iPhone 6S - apart from this one, but never heard of the site - http://www.valuebasket.com/en_GB/Ap...d-(MKQP)(Silver)/mainproduct/view/20722-AA-SL - reviews seem alright and price is atleast £50.00 cheaper than ive seen elsewhere, but is it worth the risk or should I just pay the extra £50?

Only other handset I like is the Samsung S6 Edge, but not convinced I want to go back to Android...... although that handset is cheaper.

Any ideas? Anyone used the Samsung? What is Android like now a days?

if youve still not bought - I bought from them. Phone fine when it arrived, but took about 2 weeks!

lewys33

I personally think android phones are better - I would be getting the sony Z5 premium right now - but 2 reasons why I didn't:

1) I had a Z2 and it wasn't different enough for me to warrant getting it (I like a new experience when I get a new phone)

2) I have changed to sim only and buying the phone outright. I bought an iphone 6s - the phone is more expensive but they tend to hold value so when I sell it after 12 months it will still be worth a fair chunk.

If you are buying outright I would buy iphone. If you are going for contract and are happy with the 2 years - Z5 premium.

Covstu

Mine is up in April and there is nothing that grabs my attention at the moment. Might just make the most of it and drop to a cheap contract.

Pipehitterz

Mine is up in April and there is nothing that grabs my attention at the moment. Might just make the most of it and drop to a cheap contract.
aye its what i did, 3 have sim deals for £12 a month, all talk and texts, and 8gig data, if you can use all that up in a month youre a fucking freak
ionce i lost my htc one down the toilet, i was googling cheap ass replacements, loads of chinese phones to choose from, and i'd take the pepsi challenge you can get a high end one for £200 quid, saw loads of zte phones and they all look amazing

take into account the money you save over 24 months , getting an iphone makes you look like a baller or a fucking dickhead sheep

Users who are viewing this thread