Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nick,
I'm sure there are many like me who like photography (No, not nod, nod, grin, grin, wink, wink, say no more pictures!) Just your average snaps from daily life, the city ground, holidays etc. It's nice to see others photos. Is there a way you could incorporate the site to accept say, "Photobucket" or similar? Or would this use up too much space? I've tried uploading a couple of pics to the site lately but they just come out tiny - even though they are normally fairly large?

Jimthor

Pictures from photobucket can be used i imagine. Once it's been uploaded to photobucket you need to get the image URL (ending in .jpg), then to put it on the page use the image tag:
Code:
[IMG]http://imageurl.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://imageurl.jpg[/IMG][img]IMAGEURL[/img]
That should work i'd have thought?

Testing with a random pic from my photobucket:
loldog-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Hey,

As said it should let you put in photobucket images with the link they give?

Houchens Head

Didn't know if this sort of thread would use loads of space on your site, Nick. Thought I'd check first. I'll try a random pic in a bit...

Nick

Administrator
Nope, as the images are linked from Photobucket it doesnt take up much at all.

Just make sure they are a size that fits on the screen and not too massive :)

rob9872

Is that one of you, the wife and the kids Houch?
:)

Houchens Head

I will come and throw you in if you keep gloating :slap:

Nick, I can't help it! I've worked for 45 years and had some serious illnesses. Every day I wake up and I think to myself, "I made it through the night again!" I love it here. Sorry for gloating, but one day, everyone should have what I have - a nice retirement! (No bloody money, but a relaxing life!!) :) I know of far too many close friends and relatives that are no longer here because they passed away far too soon for whatever reason - heart attacks, cancer, brain tumour etc..

Nick

Administrator
I was only messing :)

I know where I would like to be when I hit 85 like you and it is not Coventry! :)

Houchens Head

Pigeon

Create an album in PB (photbucket). Upload photos to that album. When they are ready select the album, then click on a picture. Highlight "image code" and copy/paste it to the thread here. Have a practice..

Houchens Head

Been using these 'puter thingys for about 18 years now! Pre-Windows!!

Houchens Head

Nick, if it's any consolation - this is my new home...
_46927155_512180-1.jpg

:)

Houchens Head

Taken last summer. Totland Pier in the sunset. (about 350yds from where I now live) I don't miss Tile Hill at all!! :)

100_1949.jpg

Houchens Head

But it's not always sunny!! ..............
The Bay in Winter...

100_2596.jpg

Jimthor

Ever since i got my iphone i'm forever taking pictures and facebooking/tweeting them while i'm out and about. They're rarely scenic photos though. I think this, taken out of a train window, is just about the most scenic photograph i've managed to find in my mobile uploads:

65815_10150351495850442_561860441_16126903_8026028_n.jpg

Although personally i much prefer photos such as this one:
207028_10150533289825442_561860441_17794417_5118345_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread