Pires - I'm a risk (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

pires-henry-432523.jpg

Veteran Frenchman keen to end career on a high

Robert Pires has conceded Aston Villa have taken a gamble on his signature as manager Gerard Houllier has not seen him in action.
The 37-year-old midfielder joined Villa this week on a short-term contract and he is now primed to make his debut against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday.
Pires has been training with Arsenal recently in a bit to stay fit and the Frenchman has thanked his former boss Arsene Wenger for allowing him to re-join the club.
The ex-Villarreal man is delighted to be back in the Premier League and he is looking to end his career on a high note after pitching up to solve Villa's midfield crisis.

Risk

"I didn't want to terminate my career after a bad season at Villarreal. I love football so much that I have not got my fill yet," he told L'Equipe.
"I'll never thank Arsene Wenger enough for allowing me to train and stating I could still help. Maybe I'll fail, but it is not so important.
"On November 7th I met Gerard Houllier in London. He told me he was facing players with long-term injuries.
"It is already huge to have his trust as he's not seen me playing. He's taking a risk. I'll probably need three of four matches to find the right pace."

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
A gamble I can't see paying off, he's 37 and he hasn't even seen him play! I always did think Houllier looked a bit clueless, pretty frightening to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread