Player Ratings Against Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't actually think we put in a bad performance and once again we had more clear cut chances than Newcastle. We hit the bar twice within seconds and both Eastwood and Morrison had chances, so did Gunnar.

The ref seemed to love us in the first half but the second half gave us nothing, maybe he liked whoever was shooting toward the away end?

Here I go...

Westwood - Made a couple of good saves, nothing he could really do about the goals

Clarke - Went down a little bit too easy when he went off, was getting raped down that side every time. Too young for such a big game
Barnett - Needs to learn how to clear a ball further than 10 yards, started to win some headers towards the end
Cranie - Was solid and strong and centre half, we should play him there
Van Aanholt - Played well, was quite solid

McIndoe - Wasn't in the game much until the end, put in a couple of good crosses!
Cork - Didnt really have much of a lookin with Butt and Smith
Gunnar - Was he playing? He had that chance where he should have shot but took too long and was tackled
Eastwood - My MoM, He worked hard and tracked back and although he made a few mistakes when he did he looked determined to win the ball back.

Best - Didn't win much in the air like he usually would, didn't chase some passes he could have got
Morrison - Didn't do much other than try and look for free kicks again

Subs
-----

Grandison
- Came on and looked shaky but as time went on he looked more confident, maybe needs to time his headers a bit better though as he was still jumping for headers 10 minutes after the ball had gone
Bell - When he came on he gave us a bit of pace although didnt have time to make an impact
Madine - Maybe could have been used sooner, didnt have time to make an impact

Oldfive

I thought the whole team played really well , a definate improvement on Sundays game , but it couldnt get any worse than the Scunny game . I would like to see Cranie get a start every game , i think he is beginning to look like a great signing . Dont know what to make of Barnett , i get nervous everytime the ball goes near him . Eastwood was my man of the match , looks like he is getting more used to that wide right role . All in all we were unlucky .

Nick

Administrator
Cranie was doing really well in Centre Half until he moved to right back. When he was marking that bird on their right wing he was doing well, he looked strong and calm on the ball and even put in a few good crosses :)

simmouk

Administrator
Agree with Eastwood MotM - very good game last night - but why the sudden turn of fortune?! I was getting used to him being a loads of balls! But he really impressed me last night, as did most of the squad together as a unit - just a shame we didn't have that clinical final touch to smack the leather over the bloody line!

Disorganised1

I thought Morrison was too slow in the Newcastle game - either carryuing a knock, or too old. Best didn't seem to giving his all either. Eastwood my MOTM also.
Cork had no impact that I saw, though the Telegraph stand isn't the best place to judge a midfielder.

Users who are viewing this thread