Player Ratings V Lincoln (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

Like to see the ratings people give. Never saw the game so going by you guys who did

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Burge 7
Willis 7
Haynes 8
McDonald 7
Davies 7
Shipley 7
Doyle 8 (MOTM)
Kelly 8
Jones 8 (up until the goal he did nowt, bottled out of a bit but ran the show with Nazon thereafter)
Biamou 6 (hard done by having the ball lumped at him.
McNulty 4 (not sure what he offers....)

Nazon 8 (sparked us into life)

The defence that scored 7 would be all high 7 and Shipley, loved how much he was up for the scrap.

Liquid Gold

Burge 7
Willis 7
Haynes 8
McDonald 7
Davies 7
Shipley 7
Doyle 8 (MOTM)
Kelly 8
Jones 8 (up until the goal he did nowt, bottled out of a bit but ran the show with Nazon thereafter)
Biamou 6 (hard done by having the ball lumped at him.
McNulty 4 (not sure what he offers....)

Nazon 8 (sparked us into life)

The defence that scored 7 would be all high 7 and Shipley, loved how much he was up for the scrap.
He's only 20 too. Some targeted fitness and strength training and he could be a proper unit.

Mcbean

I didn't see it or listen to it in the radio either, but I will give it a go.

Burge 10
Willis 10
Davies 10
McDonald 10
Haynes 10
Jones 10
Kelly 10
Doyle 10
Shipley 10
McNulty 10
Biamou 10

(And first half all 5's)
i'd say you gave that a nanosecond thought - glad all was well PUSB

pipkin73

I didn't see it or listen to it in the radio either, but I will give it a go.

Burge 10
Willis 10
Davies 10
McDonald 10
Haynes 10
Jones 10
Kelly 10
Doyle 10
Shipley 10
McNulty 10
Biamou 10

(And first half all 5's)

So going by that Ponticelli was man of the match

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody spot biamou somehow bring it down out of the air dead on his foot, looked amazing. He then did an awful back hell

Londonccfcfan

Just got in from lincoln 320 mile round trip, buzzing!

What an away day one of the best!

Burge 7...didnt have alot to do, but punched and caught well.
Willis 7...steady
Davies 9 my MOTM
Rod 8
Haynes 8.5, one of his best games.
Shipley...impressive full debut, did simple things well.
Doyle 8
Kelly 7
Jones 8
Biamou 7
Mcnulty 6
Nazon 9...absolute game changer, they couldnt get close to him.

Robins..9...good team to start with, good early substitute to impact the game.

fernandopartridge

Burge 8
Willis 7
Davis 7
McDonald 7
Haynes 7
Doyle 9
Kelly 8
Shipley 8
Biamou 7
Jones 8
McNulty 6

Nazon 7
Stokes n/a

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Burge - 7. Solid.

Willis - 7. Offers less going forward, but it's nice having the physicality at full back.

Davies - 7. Very good bar a shambolic header towards the end which nearly set them away.

Rod - 8.5. What a signing. Player of the season so far.

Haynes - 7. Looks a better player than last season. Would like to see him further forward Tuesday.

Doyle - 9. Again, what a signing. He is what we've needed for the past 5 seasons. When the going gets tough late on he's there. For a man of his age to play week in week out I take my hat off to him.

Kelly - 7. Very good, but just not as good as Doyle.

Jones - 8. Second half he ran riot. His end-product, however, needs to improve. The amount of shots he has which end up in the stand is not great. Once he's got that he'll find himself up the leagues. Should give him an extra point for kissing the badge at the end, but I'm not going to.

Shipley - 7.5. Like the look of him. Gets stuck in a lot more than other lads his age.

McNulty - 4. Another very poor game from him. Not too sure what he offers.

Biamou - 7. Sound performance. Offers a lot more than McNulty. Looks more comfortable playing with the Duck.

Le Duck - 9. An absolute talisman. Part donkey, part Ronaldo. Needs to stop getting over excited when he scores. Must be his 4th yellow for celebrating?

Esoterica

Burge 7.5 - Thought he commanded his box really well today and collected a lot of high balls into the box
Willis 6.5 - Watching the ball again instead of getting tight to his man for their goal. Deja Vu from Swindon which was also the last game we came from behind to win. Was a solid right back offering very little going forward - which was his job today.
Haynes 7 - He got more support than he's been used to with Shipley in front of him covering a lot of yards. Thought Lincoln might target him but he wasn't too tested and so was able to get forward well.
McDonald 8 - So calm at the back. Nicked so many balls off their strikers when the ball was on the deck.
Davies 7 - Looked a bit wobbly at times but dealt quite well with Lincoln's aerial threat and took a couple of hefty elbows for his trouble.
Shipley 7.5 - Lots of energy and fight and supported Haynes well defensively. No coincidence both our CBs actually got headers on target from corners either. Nice assist for Jones goal.
Doyle 8 - Did his job well today, breaking up the play and collecting Lincoln's knockdowns. Thought he might have got in the ref's ear a bit more in the first 20 mins when we were being repeatedly kicked after the ball had gone. Did think he was guilty of going too long in the first half.
Kelly 8 MOM - Really got stuck in today, got forward much more 2nd half and his own performance was helped by not having to drop into right back today with Grimmer out. How I'd love to have seen him play defensive mid behind Andreu.
Jones 7.5 - Very isolated first half as Willis was much more defensive minded than Haynes/Grimmer. So dangerous on the break though once the game opened up.
Biamou 6.5 - Isolated again first half through no fault of his own but 2nd half I thought he held the ball up excellently before a couple of wayward passes on the counter attack let him down.
McNulty 6 - Needed to play closer to Biamou today with the way we were playing first half. Anything nice we did do in the 1st half he was involved in but unfortunately there wasn't much of it.

Nazon 7.5 A lot of energy when he came on and gave us a fresh impetus - Lincoln didn't like his direct running which helped to turn the tide. Took his goal well but was greedy as hell again after that with a lot of trademark 20 yard shooting when there were easier options open to him which could have killed the game off. Will get a lot of cheap comparisons with McNulty but they were playing under very different circumstances.

letsallsingtogether

Burge did play well, took a bit of a kick in too
Yes another solid game as with the rest of the defence, they did go to sleep with the first goal but generally strolled through.both Davis and Mcdonald were superb, maybe joint MOTM for me.

Londonccfcfan

Sign of a top performance, there were probably about 4/5 players you could have given motm to.

Agree with Doyle, Jones, Nazon, Davies and Rod.

Also another first, I don’t remember Burge kicking the ball out of touch. His kicking appears to improve when he’s not targeting Vincenti on the wing.(usually goes out of touch).

Today his kicks targeted Max Biamou, who I thought was an unsung hero.

chorlton

Surprised Burge isn't getting more credit. I think he did very well and I was very surprised. Haven't seen him for a while but last time he was very shaky. I remember folks calling for Oggy to go so some credit is due? An 8 from me.

I'm not able to give scores to all but Doyle (9) was fantastic and my man of the match whilst the Lincoln fans I was with were impressed by Haynes (8). The defence was strong and McDonald an Willis stood out. McNulty though was the only one that disappointed.

Otis

Burge 7.5 - Thought he commanded his box really well today and collected a lot of high balls into the box
Willis 6.5 - Watching the ball again instead of getting tight to his man for their goal. Deja Vu from Swindon which was also the last game we came from behind to win. Was a solid right back offering very little going forward - which was his job today.
Haynes 7 - He got more support than he's been used to with Shipley in front of him covering a lot of yards. Thought Lincoln might target him but he wasn't too tested and so was able to get forward well.
McDonald 8 - So calm at the back. Nicked so many balls off their strikers when the ball was on the deck.
Davies 7 - Looked a bit wobbly at times but dealt quite well with Lincoln's aerial threat and took a couple of hefty elbows for his trouble.
Shipley 7.5 - Lots of energy and fight and supported Haynes well defensively. No coincidence both our CBs actually got headers on target from corners either. Nice assist for Jones goal.
Doyle 8 - Did his job well today, breaking up the play and collecting Lincoln's knockdowns. Thought he might have got in the ref's ear a bit more in the first 20 mins when we were being repeatedly kicked after the ball had gone. Did think he was guilty of going too long in the first half.
Kelly 8 MOM - Really got stuck in today, got forward much more 2nd half and his own performance was helped by not having to drop into right back today with Grimmer out. How I'd love to have seen him play defensive mid behind Andreu.
Jones 7.5 - Very isolated first half as Willis was much more defensive minded than Haynes/Grimmer. So dangerous on the break though once the game opened up.
Biamou 6.5 - Isolated again first half through no fault of his own but 2nd half I thought he held the ball up excellently before a couple of wayward passes on the counter attack let him down.
McNulty 6 - Needed to play closer to Biamou today with the way we were playing first half. Anything nice we did do in the 1st half he was involved in but unfortunately there wasn't much of it.

Nazon 7.5 A lot of energy when he came on and gave us a fresh impetus - Lincoln didn't like his direct running which helped to turn the tide. Took his goal well but was greedy as hell again after that with a lot of trademark 20 yard shooting when there were easier options open to him which could have killed the game off. Will get a lot of cheap comparisons with McNulty but they were playing under very different circumstances.
Yeah, well that was what I was thinking on Willis. I wasn't at the game and can see most have scored him quite highly, but he appears to have culpability for the goal. He is nowhere near close enough to his man and the player gets his shot off completely unchallenged.

Needs knocking off a couple of points at least for that doesn't he?

mark82

Don't really get all the Oggy bashing. He's played at the top level and none of us really know if he's a good coach or not.

Adge

Burge-8 One of his better games, came out/punched at the right time/distribution was good and threw himself in at the end where boots wereally flying in a couple of times.
Willis-6 Done a fill in job which was OK but stood still for Lincolns goal.
Haynes-7 1 or 2 decent runs and better than usual.
McDonald-8 Solid with Davies next to him.
Davies-8 Headed everything especially 2nd half.
Doyle-8 Really got amongst it and great break up play.
Kelly-9 See Doyle above but a bit more quality.
Shipley-8 Getting better with every game.
Jones-8 Tore into them 2nd half and got us out of a hole with a great goal. Would have got a 9 but loses a point for kissing the badge in front if the fans at the end.
McNulty-6 Was involved in our limited good 1st half play but looked to have suffered from a heavy challenge and then went off at the right time for us.
Biamou-6 Just middle of the road for me.
Duck-9 Game changer, upped the tempo and had a positive effect on Jones too.
Stokes-no mark as I'm not sure he touched the ball.
Robins-9 Not sure if it was an injury as a reason he made the substitution but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Gets an extra point for shouting back at the crowd at full time behind his dugout!

Esoterica

Yeah, well that was what I was thinking on Willis. I wasn't at the game and can see most have scored him quite highly, but he appears to have culpability for the goal. He is nowhere near close enough to his man and the player gets his shot off completely unchallenged.

Needs knocking off a couple of points at least for that doesn't he?
He was steady, out of position, for the majority of the game and the goal wasn't all his fault (Haynes was a bit weak in the tackle, Doyle was a second slow to react and didn't get over to the crosser of the ball) so I only marked him down half a point because ultimately it didn't cost us. I think he's a very good defender for L2 and his athleticism is a real asset but he does have that occasional lapse in him which is to be expected at this level. It tends to happen when he's running back to goal and looking square across the pitch that he just loses his man by a yard or 2. It's a small area that I think he can improve on which doesn't always get punished at this level but that he'd need to sharpen up on if he evers moves up the leagues.

clint van damme

wasn't there yesterday but it seems there was, not for the first time, a direct correlation between Nazon playing and Jones upping his game.
Think it definitely helps share the creativity/direct running burden.

eastwoodsdustman

Burge - 8 Looks like he was told to come for more crosses as they were lumping balls in. He coped very well
Willis - 6.5 Looked ok but was the weakest of the defence yesterday. With them just hoofing balls up the pitch I can see why he was ahead of DKE.
Haynes - 8 One of his better games for us. Caused problems with an early run and they were wary of him whenever he went forward thereafter.
ROD - 8.5 Solid and classy on the ball against some big lumps.
Davies - 8.5 Stood up well to a battering ram.
Doyle - 1st half 6 2nd half 9 - turned the game with a masterclass in the second half.
Kelly - 8 Solid all over the pitch again
Jones- 8 Average in 1st half but came to life in a big way in 2nd
Shipley 8.5 - Was finding great positions going forward and played a sublime pass to Jones for the goal. Good passes throughout the match.
Biamou - 8 Won headers against their back 4 all through the game. Held the ball up and played the ball well.
Mcnulty - 6 Ran a lot but struggled when we tried to hit the long ball out of defence.

Duck - 8 Helped turn the game by running at their defence.

Otis

He was steady, out of position, for the majority of the game and the goal wasn't all his fault (Haynes was a bit weak in the tackle, Doyle was a second slow to react and didn't get over to the crosser of the ball) so I only marked him down half a point because ultimately it didn't cost us. I think he's a very good defender for L2 and his athleticism is a real asset but he does have that occasional lapse in him which is to be expected at this level. It tends to happen when he's running back to goal and looking square across the pitch that he just loses his man by a yard or 2. It's a small area that I think he can improve on which doesn't always get punished at this level but that he'd need to sharpen up on if he evers moves up the leagues.
Do feel slightly for Doyle on that one, cos when you watch it back he was within a whisker of at least partially blocking that cross.

Agree on Haynes. Too weak there.

better days

wasn't there yesterday but it seems there was, not for the first time, a direct correlation between Nazon playing and Jones upping his game.
Think it definitely helps share the creativity/direct running burden.
Danny Cowley said exactly that. Once the Duke was on his pace and athleticism meant they couldn't just focus on Jones so everything opened up
Robins realises this and plans to do something in January
Hopefully we'll hold onto all the current side as I believe they all want to help us achieve promotion but maybe Robins might have to do some wheeling and dealing

clint van damme

Danny Cowley said exactly that. Once the Duke was on his pace and athleticism meant they couldn't just focus on Jones so everything opened up
Robins realises this and plans to do something in January
Hopefully we'll hold onto all the current side as I believe they all want to help us achieve promotion but maybe Robins might have to do some wheeling and dealing

Ducks not going to break into the Wolves side for certain, I suppose a lot will depend on whether a team from a higher league fancy taking him for a few moths.

Houdi

Surprised Burge isn't getting more credit. I think he did very well and I was very surprised. Haven't seen him for a while but last time he was very shaky. I remember folks calling for Oggy to go so some credit is due? An 8 from me.

I'm not able to give scores to all but Doyle (9) was fantastic and my man of the match whilst the Lincoln fans I was with were impressed by Haynes (8). The defence was strong and McDonald an Willis stood out. McNulty though was the only one that disappointed.
Second game of the season for me,2 games and 2 wins , perhaps I should go more often. Last season had a season ticket and I don't think I saw many more wins all season.
Really enjoyed the game, full house which generated a great atmosphere, and the game was played at a frenetic pace,with plenty of goal mouth incidents, unlike lots of games which end up the with ball going sidewards and backwards,the whole game.
Like you said I thought Burge had a very good game,and he seems a lot more confident and imposing figure. Handled crosses well, came racing out of his area a couple of times in the first half to cut out dangerous through balls,and had one great throw out which lead to a great counter attack where McNulty nearly scored. His kicking was decent as well, and considering how few goals we are conceding, I can't see he is doing a lot wrong.
Both centre backs had immense games, as Lincoln's set pieces crosses were always very good,and they did put loads of dangerous crosses in our box,and they were a very big and imposing side. Haynes had one of the best games I've seen him play, defensively a lot better,and he was always a threat coming forward.
Doyle and Kelly both worked their socks off against a very committed and determined side. Nazon when he came on made an immediate impact,and was far more of a goal threat than McNulty ever seems. Biamou works quite hard and I think had a part in our 2nd goal, but he really needs some goals as well.Jones again is a mixture of brilliance,and infuriating play, in many ways a lower league Huckerby.
Shipley showed great promise and has a nice left foot,and perhaps more importantly looks to have the physique to cope at this level. As a team we don't look far off and yesterday was a big result. I doubt very much many teams will win at Lincoln,who at this level look more than a handful, and they competed from the 1st minute to the 90th. I expect them to finish nearer the top than bottom.

steve82

Cannot pick a MOTM, too many excellent performances in that second half to top up a steady first half. Thought Burge was very good, Davies, Mcdonald, Haynes, Kelly, Doyle, Shipley and Biamou were excellent for most parts. McNulty struggled to get any rhythm, JJ came good the second half and Nazon did what he does after a bizarre halftime warm up with a cuppa in the dug out!
Willis came good too the second half after a torrid first half and settled well. Not sure how he lost Matt Rhead for there goal, he's not exactly a set of car keys!

Big result that was!

Nick

Administrator
Cannot pick a MOTM, too many excellent performances in that second half to top up a steady first half. Thought Burge was very good, Davies, Mcdonald, Haynes, Kelly, Doyle, Shipley and Biamou were excellent for most parts. McNulty struggled to get any rhythm, JJ came good the second half and Nazon did what he does after a bizarre halftime warm up with a cuppa in the dug out!
Willis came good too the second half after a torrid first half and settled well. Not sure how he lost Matt Rhead for there goal, he's not exactly a set of car keys!

Big result that was!
It was weird, I thought he was in with the team. Then saw him getting tucked in with a hot drink. Not an ideal pre match plan

steve82

Did anybody spot biamou somehow bring it down out of the air dead on his foot, looked amazing. He then did an awful back hell

Biamou did a lot of donkey work. Thought that was his best game in a city shirt. Excellent!

On that back heel, plenty shouted abuse but then 10 mins later JJ did the same and it's oh unlucky JJ.

Quite funny how some are favoured and some ain't.

Nick

Administrator
Biamou did a lot of donkey work. Thought that was his best game in a city shirt. Excellent!

On that back heel, plenty shouted abuse but then 10 mins later JJ did the same and it's oh unlucky JJ.

The back heel was bad, but the touch just before was amazing. He did a few great touches.

I still think he could play behind a striker, flick on, he can bring it out of the air and pick a pass.

Adge

Yeah you're right. 2 back heel flicks that both went out of play but one was good and one was pants!

Users who are viewing this thread