Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Battery Died earlier, anybody want to start them off?

Kelly stood out for me today!

skybluesam66

Burge 6
Grimmer 7
Haynes 6
ROD 6
Willis 7
Kelly 8
Doyle 7
Shipley 7
Ponti 6
JCH 7
Mcnulty 7

subs
biamou 6
reid 5
Fatty 2

Johhny Blue

A 2 for Barrett? I only had the forum & BBC text togo by, but it sounded like he got off a couple of good shots? anyone elaborate?

Otis

Burge 6
Grimmer 7
Haynes 6
ROD 6
Willis 7
Kelly 8
Doyle 7
Shipley 7
Ponti 6
JCH 7
Mcnulty 7

subs
biamou 6
reid 5
Fatty 2
Burge 6 - Nowt to do

Grimmer 6 - Started off well enough, but was far too wasteful in the second half, at one point putting three successive crosses straight into the keeper's arms.

Willis 7 - Commanding for the most part

Rod 5 - A little bit unlucky with his mistake, as the ball could have gone anywhere, but it was still his mistake and we were lucky it didn't cost us, because Stevenage had their tails up for 15 mins or so after.

Haynes 5.5 - Some good stuff, but mainly poor headers and misplaced passes.

Ponticelli 6 - A little lost out on the wing, but he kept battling and at least kept their fullback well occupied

Doyle 7.5 - Thought he had a very good game today.

Kelly 8 - MOTM. Best performance I have seen from him. He was everywhere and looked very threatening too.

Shipley 5.5 - Very hit and miss tonight and a number of times he gave away possession far too easily

JCH 7 - Battled well and won a lot of balls in the air. Just wish he wouldn't go looking for freekicks and fouls all the time

McNumpty - 7.5 Looked dangerous all game. Thought he was a gonna with that bad foul, but luckily their player didn't fill in the Paperwork.

Reid 6 - Average. A couple of wayward passes too, but he did give us some much needed width

Barrett 6
Biamou 6

Robins 5

wingy

Burge 6 - Nowt to do

Grimmer 6 - Started off well enough, but was far too wasteful in the second half, at one point putting three successive crosses straight into the keeper's arms.

Willis 7 - Commanding for the most part

Rod 5 - A little bit unlucky with his mistake, as the ball could have gone anywhere, but it was still his mistake and we were lucky it didn't cost us, because Stevenage had their tails up for 15 mins or so after.

Haynes 5.5 - Some good stuff, but mainly poor headers and misplaced passes.

Ponticelli 6 - A little lost out on the wing, but he kept battling and at least kept their fullback well occupied

Doyle 7.5 - Thought he had a very good game today.

Kelly 8 - MOTM. Best performance I have seen from him. He was everywhere and looked very threatening too.

Shipley 5.5 - Very hit and miss tonight and a number of times he gave away possession far too easily

JCH 7 - Battled well and won a lot of balls in the air. Just wish he wouldn't go looking for freekicks and fouls all the time

McNumpty - 7.5 Looked dangerous all game. Thought he was a gonna with that bad foul, but luckily their player didn't fill in the Paperwork.

Reid 6 - Average. A couple of wayward passes too, but he did give us some much needed width

Barrett 6
Biamou 6

Robins 5
Robins 5?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Burge 6 - can’t really fault him as didn’t have much to do but kicking wasn’t great

Grimmer 6.5 - barely troubled defensively, got forward well. Looked offside in build up to Kelly goal

Willis - 6.5 dealt with everything that went his way

Mcdonald - 5.5 mistake for the goal that others would be slaughtered for. Was a tad unlucky.

Haynes - 6 solid enough. Didn’t make as many mistakes as suggested at all but genuinely a quiet game

Shipley - 6 solid without being spectacular and made 90 minutes!

Doyle - 7 kept everything ticking nicely

Kelly - 8 by far the best I’ve seen him. Pushed on, looked more like Bayliss than usual Kelly, more of this please

Ponticelli - 6 didn’t really notice he was on the pitch

Clarke-Harris - 7 battled well, worked hard but still goes down too easily

McNulty - 7.5 always looks a threat, fairly lucky with both goals but provided a threat throughout.

None of the subs looked particularly good when they came on. Reid gave the ball countless times, Biamou didn’t do anything and Barrett tried too hard to impress so most things were panicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Burge 6
Grimmer 7
Willis 8
McDonald 6
Haynes 7
Doyle 6
Kelly 9
Shipley 7
Ponti 5
McNulty 8.5
JCH 6

Sub's
Biamou 6
Reid 6
Barratt n/a

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Burge 6 Nothing much to do but did he give the striker a lot of goal to aim at by going early the opposite way?
Grimmer 7 Got up and down to good effect especially first half but looked offside for Kelly’s goal in the build up.
Haynes 5 One awful header when on the edge of the box, headed it back to the danger area, then went one better when comfortably beating a player and played a suicidal ball across the middle which resulted in a break on goal that was lucky for us fired over. A weak link who needs to be disposed of in the summer.
Rod 5 Shame as he had a reasonable game but it was his mistake for the goal.
Willis 7 Very solid
Doyle 7 Typical Doyle performance,done well not to overstep things with the early yellow card.
Kelly 8 Best performance in a Coventry shirt and got the goal his performance deserved. Where has this Kelly been all season?
Shipley 6 Average-nothing more, nothing less but lasted the distance I guess.
JCH 7 Battled well and chased a lost cause resulting in McNulty’s first-still the better option ahead of Biamou.
McNulty 8 Another 2 goals, the keeper needed to do better for the first but 2nd was a poachers goal.
Ponticelli 6 Deserves the start after his showing last week but a case of after the Lord Mayors show and for most of it the game past him by.

Reid 5 couple of runs and a half chance but not really long enough on.
Biamou 4 Same as above but probably touched the ball 3-4 times.
Barret 3 Waddled around for a few minutes.

Robins 8 Even he was disappointed we took our foot off the gas second half but 3 points and seeing the game out albeit against 10 men was all that mattered.

Crowd 9 Twist and shout for 15-20 minuets second half and a general all round good atmosphere. :emoji_ok_hand:

Gazolba

I don't think its fair to excessively mark someone down when they were played out of position.
Give the player an average mark, and mark down Robins.

Reppz

Burge 6 Nothing much to do but did he give the striker a lot of goal to aim at by going early the opposite way?
Grimmer 7 Got up and down to good effect especially first half but looked offside for Kelly’s goal in the build up.
Haynes 5 One awful header when on the edge of the box, headed it back to the danger area, then went one better when comfortably beating a player and played a suicidal ball across the middle which resulted in a break on goal that was lucky for us fired over. A weak link who needs to be disposed of in the summer.
Rod 5 Shame as he had a reasonable game but it was his mistake for the goal.
Willis 7 Very solid
Doyle 7 Typical Doyle performance,done well not to overstep things with the early yellow card.
Kelly 8 Best performance in a Coventry shirt and got the goal his performance deserved. Where has this Kelly been all season?
Shipley 6 Average-nothing more, nothing less but lasted the distance I guess.
JCH 7 Battled well and chased a lost cause resulting in McNulty’s first-still the better option ahead of Biamou.
McNulty 8 Another 2 goals, the keeper needed to do better for the first but 2nd was a poachers goal.
Ponticelli 6 Deserves the start after his showing last week but a case of after the Lord Mayors show and for most of it the game past him by.

Reid 5 couple of runs and a half chance but not really long enough on.
Biamou 4 Same as above but probably touched the ball 3-4 times.
Barret 3 Waddled around for a few minutes.

Robins 8 Even he was disappointed we took our foot off the gas second half but 3 points and seeing the game out albeit against 10 men was all that mattered.

Crowd 9 Twist and shout for 15-20 minuets second half and a general all round good atmosphere. :emoji_ok_hand:

So you give Rod and Haynes the same rating. Rod gives the ball away leaving their player through on goal which they score. Haynes gives one pass away in midfield that leads to nothing. Why pricks like you have it in for Haynes baffles me.

I thought Haynes was pretty solid today. Apart from that one misplaced pass, he done nothing wrong. I know who I'd be putting my money to go further in his career between him and Grimmer. You can quote me on this in 5 years when Haynes is playing in the Premier League and Grimmer is on the bench for Altrincham.

Londonccfcfan

Kelly motm!

Why couldnt he get forward like that all season, could have had a hatrick on another day. Looked a cut above.

Ratings pretty similar to everyone else’s.

Got to mention disappointed with JP, not his fault though. Completely ineffectual. That requires are think.

Oh and the tactics 2nd half playing against 10 men...and we were took the foot off the gas completely no urgency or foresight to think about goal difference baffling.

Other than that, happy with 3 Points very comfortable.

Otis

Robins 5?
Yeah, obviously.

Grendel said it would be wrong to rest Bayliss for this game and the squeaky little idiot went and did it anyway, the plum.

Think it is is generous only knocking 2 or 3 points off.

We clearly needed Bayliss last night.

giphy.gif

Adge

So you give Rod and Haynes the same rating. Rod gives the ball away leaving their player through on goal which they score. Haynes gives one pass away in midfield that leads to nothing. Why pricks like you have it in for Haynes baffles me.

I thought Haynes was pretty solid today. Apart from that one misplaced pass, he done nothing wrong. I know who I'd be putting my money to go further in his career between him and Grimmer. You can quote me on this in 5 years when Haynes is playing in the Premier League and Grimmer is on the bench for Altrincham.
Thanks for the feedback. :emoji_thumbsup:

Londonccfcfan

I don't think its fair to excessively mark someone down when they were played out of position.
Give the player an average mark, and mark down Robins.

That right hand side has just been an issue all season.

At the moment it JP who’s pulled short straw.

clint van damme

I'm surprised by some of the comments about JP.
Clearly he doesn't like been out wide and was anonymous first half but grew into the role in the second with some effective short passing and got back to help Grimmer out well.

stevefloyd

Apart from Shipley who kept giving the ball away cheaply and Ponticelli everyone had a decent game Kelly definitely Motm and Mcnulty after the red card affair went off the boil as did most of the team 2nd half

Adge

Apart from Shipley who kept giving the ball away cheaply and Ponticelli everyone had a decent game Kelly definitely Motm and Mcnulty after the red card affair went off the boil as did most of the team 2nd half
I can understand that and I, like everyone else,wanted more goals in the second half that didn’t come. But bearing in mind we have a game Tuesday night and we saw the game out quite comfortably.
Anyway the crowd made the entertainment 2nd half!:emoji_smiley:

stevefloyd

I can understand that and I, like everyone else,wanted more goals in the second half that didn’t come. But bearing in mind we have a game Tuesday night and we saw the game out quite comfortably.
Anyway the crowd made the entertainment 2nd half!:emoji_smiley:
The crowd were superb tonight, fantastic atmosphere and credit to the Stevenage fans who seemed to be enjoying the singing if not their teams performance for joining in

shmmeee

Ponticelli is going to be one of those strikers that either gets a 5/6 or an 8/9 depending on if he scores or not.

eastwoodsdustman

A 2 for Barrett? I only had the forum & BBC text togo by, but it sounded like he got off a couple of good shots? anyone elaborate?
I think he took 2 shots. One a free kick into the wall and the rebound at the corner flag. Didn’t pass at all and lost the ball twice. Apart from that he did really really well.

shy_tall_knight

Found the second half performance so frustrating, didn't take advantage of the extra man, Grimmer constantly lost the ball trying to take on their players rather than moving the ball around, Grimmer's crossing is also very poor, Barratt just seems to be getting worse and is not an option from the bench to use if chasing a game. Burge's kicking needs to work on that, kicked it a few times straight to their goalie

steve82

Burge 6
Grimmer 7
Willis 8
McDonald 7
Haynes 7
Doyle 7
Kelly 9 MOTM
Shipley 7
Ponti 6.5
McNulty 8.5
JCH 7

Sub's
Biamou 6
Reid 4
Barratt -

Kelly was excellent last night clear MOTM display. Was given a more free role last night that he shone in. Enjoyable game.
Pressure onto others to perform today now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

Found the second half performance so frustrating, didn't take advantage of the extra man, Grimmer constantly lost the ball trying to take on their players rather than moving the ball around, Grimmer's crossing is also very poor, Barratt just seems to be getting worse and is not an option from the bench to use if chasing a game. Burge's kicking needs to work on that, kicked it a few times straight to their goalie
well, at least he kept it on the pitch

Warwickhunt

Burge 6 Nowt to do! Distribution was shit! when is Oggy going to do his job and sort it
Grimmer 7 looks far better with support given by Ponti
Haynes 5 His defensive positioning is all wrong and will cost us more goals this needs sorting for next season
Concrete 4 Time and Time again he fucks about an costs us a goal doesnt seem to learn! nowhere near the player was before he go injured
Willis 7 One of the best centre backs in the league and would hold his own in the Championship
Kelly 8 At last he looks player when the shackles are taken off
Doyle 7 Knows how to manage games and his experience is helping our youngsters
Shipley 7 Although he played wel he has got to learn to keep the ball and not keep getting caught in possesion
Ponti 6 Worked really hard and covered well for the Grimmer-Man not a game to judge him on goal scoing ability
JCH 7 What a tough Sod he is! I bet their centre backs fucking hated every second he was on the pitch good foil for McNulty Note: when you do a lollipop take the fucking ball with you???

Mcnulty 9 he should be the leagues top scorer as he has to create most of his own chances if he was in the Luton side he would have had 30+

subs
Biamou 5 Steady, not his usual energetic self he has been in his last to appearance2
Reid 5 Got lots of skill and good player to bring on to manage the game out. Do wish he would drive into the box more and shoot
Barret 4 looks to have lost a bit of weight! not on long enough to judge

Users who are viewing this thread