Player Strike! (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Now, I know it wouldn't happen because they have mortgages, etc etc but wouldn't it be great if the players refused to go to Sixfields? Showing solidarity with the fans would be a clincher, I reckon.

Nick

Administrator
They are still getting paid though... Also pretty sure they will get paid more expenses for the travel too ;)

SlowerThanPlatt

Not really. We need all the points we can get in this league as I think it's going to be a very long and difficult season.

Mucca Mad Boys

we will be relegated this season. Our YA squad isnt going to cut it

Because Murphy, Christie, Adams, Baker, Fleck, Barton, Moussa and L and J Clarke are 'YA'.

We'll sign players to make up for CB and where necessary.

StevieM

Now, I know it wouldn't happen because they have mortgages, etc etc but wouldn't it be great if the players refused to go to Sixfields? Showing solidarity with the fans would be a clincher, I reckon.

FFS we can't even get all the fans to not go to Sisufields, shouldn't we all be showing solidarity before expecting the players to?

wingy

All they need to do Is get sent off regularly ,Preferably four of them each match ,resulting in match Null and void ,It would never show in the records that CCFC played @ Sixfields.

grego_gee

Way off Torchy!
I was looking for the "dis-like" button!

the supporters withdrawing support (NOPM) would convict us to a slow death or at least injure us severely.

the players not playing would kill us immediately, by failing to fulfill fixtures we would face immediate expulsion from the league!

As much as we dislike it,
The players should continue to play and the supporters should continue to support!

Leave the owners (of the club and the stadium) to work it out!

All we can do, is press them to talk!

:pimp:

Nonleagueherewecome

If they are as upset with the move as the odd comment implies, this would be a way of really proving it. They would be hero's in a way that mere on-field achievement wouldn't make them (well, couldn't make them with their lack of ability!).

Manchester_sky_blue

I can't see us signing anyone until well after the season has started because of the mess of sorting out admin etc then filing accounts. If/When ACL reject the CVA that could drag out admin even longer.

Realistically we will just be looking at bringing in free agents that are still milling around a month or two into the new season because no one else wants them. We might get lucky with a few decent loan signings but that will be the extent of it.

magic82ball

Way off Torchy!

the supporters withdrawing support (NOPM) would convict us to a slow death or at least injure us severely.

the players not playing would kill us immediately, by failing to fulfill fixtures we would face immediate expulsion from the league!

The players should continue to play and the supporters should continue to support!

If I roll over will you tickle my belly?

torchomatic

Yes, I know what you mean. It was just an idea. The owners of the club and the stadium are NEVER going to work it out. If they were going to they would have done it by now.

Way off Torchy!

Astute

Way off Torchy!

And how do you suggest we can do this?

By turning up to all the home games and making them sellouts?

The only way they will listen to us is if we hit them where it hurts the most......in the pocket. Nobody really wants to turn their back on our club. But have you any other idea on what would make them listen to us? SISU need us. Why else would Fisher have taken part in the fans forums? Why else would he go on the radio if they didn't need fans turning up? It certainly isn't because he feels sorry for us :jerkit:

grego_gee

Yes, I know what you mean. It was just an idea. The owners of the club and the stadium are NEVER going to work it out. If they were going to they would have done it by now.

Yeh I know where your heart is!

I am still hopeful they might see sense! (as I see it they have only captured the Church - but the Church can move!)

Nonleagueherewecome

If I roll over will you tickle my belly?

At least it proves you aren't spineless! (that's a reference to a quote yesterday about spineless people rolling over to have their belly tickled ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread