Player trial (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

i have a friend who is really very good at football, released by an academy when pulled a groin and is now desperate for a chance to showcase skills. Plays u18 for local non league side. Any suggestions for getting seen and given a second shot at pro football?

Skybluefaz

i have a friend who is really very good at football, released by an academy when pulled a groin and is now desperate for a chance to showcase skills. Plays u18 for local non league side. Any suggestions for getting seen and given a second shot at pro football?
Ponticelli went through the Strachan football foundation. Maybe it's worth looking into that?

hill83

owen5_0.jpg

skybluegod

Pulled his groin and was released? Maybe that’s the reason they gave him to make him feel better, but the likelihood sadly is that he wasn’t good enough.
There is one kid in our academy who had 2 years out with injury and is still being kept on.
Best thing he can do is play his non-league football for the year, if he’s good he will stand out, and will be invited to an event like Jamie Vardy academy.

rupert_bear

It’s a hard road pro football with alsorts if obstacles but the bottom line is you have to be good enough,? It’s the one thing you can’t hide from I’m afraid. Your friend needs to get to the highest level he can. If he’s been released by his Acadamy the likelihood is at the moment he ain’t good enough.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

You could film him and send/email the footage to clubs. It is how CCFC used operate a few years back, they wanted to see a DVD etc before a player got a trial

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah as others have said I doubt the reason he got released was purely down to his injury. There's nothing wrong with playing semi pro football for a while, the glam is all about what academy you play for and who you know but sometimes you need to take a step back to take two steps forward. If he works hard and has the ability (also the opportunity), he will get his chances to impress higher up the pyramid. Look at Courtney Baker-Richardson, released by Cov at 18, few seasons at various semi pro clubs then Leamington now at Swansea.

The Academy system is very intense and sometimes it's better to be out of it than in it.

Good luck to the lad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread