Playstation Plus (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is it me or is it a waste of money nowadays?

The Monthly games are absolutely dog shit, the discounts you get bring them down to what you can buy them for in the shops.

You can still play online without it can't you?

Nick

Administrator
No PlayStation plus is a must for online gaming

I have been playing FIFA on an account without Playstation Plus though?

Have had it since I had the PS4 but it looks like it is needed to play online but not on the PS3.

Covstu

Don't think anything works without it fully. More games are moving to it fully like destiny etc. I agree it's shite but unfortunately a necessity

Alkhen

I think it's great value, broken age last month was one of my best gaming experiences this year. I've been waiting to play walking dead 2 so that's great this month. Rocket league is amazing. Dunno what people expect?! I hear moans about no 'triple A' titles but they aren't gonna give away the crown jewels. Best you'd get is an old title like Assassins creed which you could pick up in CEX for a fiver.

Expand your mind try the odd games some are amazing

Nick

Administrator
I think it's great value, broken age last month was one of my best gaming experiences this year. I've been waiting to play walking dead 2 so that's great this month. Rocket league is amazing. Dunno what people expect?! I hear moans about no 'triple A' titles but they aren't gonna give away the crown jewels. Best you'd get is an old title like Assassins creed which you could pick up in CEX for a fiver.

Expand your mind try the odd games some are amazing

I try a lot of them, downloaded Walking Dead but not really feeling it. Some of them are Atari standard games.

I'd be happy with old Assassin's Creed.

ajsccfc

At some point you'll start to see the launch games and it'll go from there, I can't imagine it's long until Killzone's up.

Nick

Administrator
At some point you'll start to see the launch games and it'll go from there, I can't imagine it's long until Killzone's up.

They had that racing game a couple of months ago, got quite excited about that one until I realised it was only a demo and you still had to pay for it.

covcity4life

this is what i am hoping for, has PSPlus for 2 months and not downloaded one game until this months walking dead 2

still not needed any new games so far,i completed the las tof us last month(amazing) and now about 60% through god of war 3(amazing)

both remasters so i aint actually played a full next gen game yet lol, will get until dawn on weekend perhaps

ccfctommy

The Monthly games are absolutely dog shit, the discounts you get bring them down to what you can buy them for in the shops.

Downloaded Super Meat Boy last month. Crazy addictive platformer.

torchomatic

When we had a PS3 I thought the value was pretty good but now not so much with the PS4. Although to be fair we (well, my lad) tends to download all the offered games as he has a Vita too.

We had a trial of Playstation Now but thought it was too expensive to carry on.

torchomatic

I hardly ever play games but I did like Limbo for the PS4 we got that through Plus.

Downloaded Super Meat Boy last month. Crazy addictive platformer.

Nick

Administrator
When we had a PS3 I thought the value was pretty good but now not so much with the PS4. Although to be fair we (well, my lad) tends to download all the offered games as he has a Vita too.

We had a trial of Playstation Now but thought it was too expensive to carry on.

This month I haven't even looked at the free games, they are bound to be a load of shite. The discounts on the games are never any good, can always pick up a 2nd hand copy off eBay for a lot cheaper. They still have Watch Dogs on there at £34.99 which is about £7 - £10 in most places now.

torchomatic

The only time I can remember anything decent is last Christmas when my lad wanted PES15 and it turned up on Plus before Christmas.

As you say the discounts aren't worth it. In fact I've just noticed my latest £39.99 payment for Plus has gone out.

This month I haven't even looked at the free games, they are bound to be a load of shite. The discounts on the games are never any good, can always pick up a 2nd hand copy off eBay for a lot cheaper. They still have Watch Dogs on there at £34.99 which is about £7 - £10 in most places now.

ajsccfc

Anyone who has Plus, cancel the auto-renew and buy the year from Shopto, it costs £35 instead.

torchomatic

Ah, good idea. Will remember that for next December.

ajsccfc

Same thing for credit if you're going to buy anything from PSN too, Shopto undercut the prices a little. Plus you get the bonus of not having to store your card details on Sony's servers, which look a little bit like this

DVi58Z7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread