Pompey away train travel (1 Viewer)

League1Tour

Just a quick question anyone know the best way about getting the cheapest train travel down there, just done a search on trainline and it's throwing back £60 with 1 change at Southampton, wondering if anyone knows a better way, ie. breaking the journey down to 3 singles with changes etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!
:)

Covstu

probably about right to be fair, was that a return?? try splitting the journeys as sometimes that is cheaper.

League1Tour

probably about right to be fair, was that a return?? try splitting the journeys as sometimes that is cheaper.

Yep return. Thats what Im looking at splitting it up etc, bit of a nightmare searching though, so was hoping someone may have already done the work for me......

;)

pusbccfc

For a game like Pompey, coach or car is the best bet.

SkyblueBazza

Although I have not done the costings. I live down Pompey area...& knowing anytime I go the other way that cheapest ticket into London then the London-Gatwick-Pompey route would probably be your best bet. Nothing is very cheap here though!

League1Tour

Although I have not done the costings. I live down Pompey area...& knowing anytime I go the other way that cheapest ticket into London then the London-Gatwick-Pompey route would probably be your best bet. Nothing is very cheap here though!

Thanks, will have a look

Tomh111

I know from when I used to go visit my ex it works out about £15 each way (With a rail card) from Rugby to Cosham which is about 2 stations from Fratton. So £60 return without a railcard seems about right.

ccfcway

A seat to pompy, let me think....

i'd suggest you overspend in the hope your gonna get a 1st class ticket...

if it all goes tits up, i would loan a 1st class seat from someone else, then not pay for it, then blag a seat, then be annoyed when kicked out of the seat, but still sit in the seat until its sorted on court

KersleyDigs

Just a quick question anyone know the best way about getting the cheapest train travel down there, just done a search on trainline and it's throwing back £60 with 1 change at Southampton, wondering if anyone knows a better way, ie. breaking the journey down to 3 singles with changes etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!
:)

Try Megatrain

Blue Maniac

A seat to pompy, let me think....

i'd suggest you overspend in the hope your gonna get a 1st class ticket...

if it all goes tits up, i would loan a 1st class seat from someone else, then not pay for it, then blag a seat, then be annoyed when kicked out of the seat, but still sit in the seat until its sorted on court
Heh. Nice.

chiefdave

Assuming its roughly the same as going Portsmouth to Cov you won't get it cheaper than that. The other way to do it is megabus / megatrain, Birmingham to London then London to Portsmouth but it only runs at certain times so I doubt it would work out that you could get there and back on the same day.

Nice and easy for me, just walk to the end of my road and straight into the away end!

SkyblueBazza

Assuming its roughly the same as going Portsmouth to Cov you won't get it cheaper than that. The other way to do it is megabus / megatrain, Birmingham to London then London to Portsmouth but it only runs at certain times so I doubt it would work out that you could get there and back on the same day.

Nice and easy for me, just walk to the end of my road and straight into the away end!

Heh-heh, nice one Dave...I'm in Fareham!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Short hop over the Solent for me! Think I'll be going to that game!

TheHellion

Never knew there was such a Hampshire based following for the City....I lived in Totton for about a year!

Users who are viewing this thread