Portsmouth fan role model... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

It's very depressing to log on and get a constant flow of negative threads dedicated to 'slagging off', it doesn't matter who or how justified. I log on to see if there is anyone out there who's able to grasp the reality of what's going on and get get on with SUPPORTING our club whatever. Look at Portsmouth..with a fan base to admire. They will be entering next season believing they will bounce straight back regardless. We should wake up and accept our dilema, which will unfold sooner or later, and we'll all be able to breath properly again. PUSB

tippex9

I agree with OP but would never use Portsmouth fans as role models lol

withnail

Especially that tedious bloke with the bell who rang it all night long at the richo a few seasons back in the cup in the freezing despearte cold and they knocked us out.

And Coleman did something stupid like putting a defender up front or something

Freezing it was.

Last edited:

standupforcity

Especially that tedious bloke with the bell who rang it all night long at the richo a few seasons back in the cup in the freezing despearte cold and they knocked us out.

And Coleman did something stupid like putting a defender up front or something

Freezing it was.

I'd bang a dustbin lid if it helped!

Brighton Sky Blue

It helps Pompey that they have a firm takeover bid on the table which offers considerably brighter prospects than ourselves trapped with SISU and nobody else.

cloughie

Portsmouth will be top 6. What they are doing is believing in their team. Something Sky Blues fans have forgotten to do.

No what they are doing is believing that new owners will finance them again just like before and the time before that, unlike our owners who have no interest in financing the team.
The difference is we all know that about sisu and have little hope left other than the hope that the club survives until we are rid of sisu

BurbageSkyBlues

The OP's sentiment is right - if we want to change the 'luck' that our club has, and want to turn things around for the better, we need to change our attitudes.

It may not be pallatable, but if an investor had a choice between Pompey and the Sky Blues, what do you think his decision would be - I suspect he would look at the potential, and the enthusiasm of the supporters. They have a reputation for getting behind the team, and the club, regardless of the mess they are in. We have a reputation for being disinterested!

A good example of this, is the negativity that Ashybyjan recently received, with the efforts to get the supporters club going.....

WillieStanley

Pompey have consistantly been in the financial mire and consistantly broke the rules to hang on. They already have an advantage over us as they can sign players. They have actual real people ready to take the club on... oh and did I mention they continue to be allowed to spend beyond their means and get bailed out with a gentle slap on the wrist.

I'd be expecting to bounce back.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thorn got plus points from me when he made a few thinly veiled digs at him before the Peterborough/Brizzle weekend; Appleton whinged when he still had the likes of Ben Haim on £35k/week. Over 30 people lost their jobs at Pompey so the likes of him could preserve such salaries, but Appleton complains that he can't strengthen the squad.

chiefdave

He's an idiot. There's not many... if any people in football I can't stand more than him. He just opens he mouth and pure idiotic evil spews out.

There was an interview with him in the local paper down here the other day. He said he was planning to sign 18 new players!!!

ccfcway

yer, well done pompy fans for supporting your team

its not as if you are about to be taken over, thus getting new income and helping wit your push back to the championship

nor its as if you were in the prem a couple of years ago

nor its as if you won the FA Cup a couple of years ago

etc etc

WillieStanley

I wouldn't use Pompey as an example. The hardcore of Luton, Bradford or Plymouth maybe. Definately not Pompey.

Nonleagueherewecome

I wouldn't use Pompey as an example. The hardcore of Luton, Bradford or Plymouth maybe. Definately not Pompey.

Maybe AFC Wimbledon fans, the way things are going...I write for an Aussie Wimbledon fan's forum, and am getting close to asking them for all the advice they have on setting up a Phoenix Club!

wingy

Now theres a thought ,a two team City ,if you want a Cathedral we've got one to spare,before anyone takes umbridge ,tis a joke.;):facepalm::eek:

It's very depressing to log on and get a constant flow of negative threads dedicated to 'slagging off', it doesn't matter who or how justified. I log on to see if there is anyone out there who's able to grasp the reality of what's going on and get get on with SUPPORTING our club whatever. Look at Portsmouth..with a fan base to admire. They will be entering next season believing they will bounce straight back regardless. We should wake up and accept our dilema, which will unfold sooner or later, and we'll all be able to breath properly again. PUSB

Where does everyone get this big fan base idea about Portsmouth. They slashed ticket prices and their Manager was raving about the great turn out. They got 12000. Thats not bigger than us even at full price.

Nonleagueherewecome

Now theres a thought ,a two team City ,if you want a Cathedral we've got one to spare,before anyone takes umbridge ,tis a joke.;):facepalm::eek:

Nah, we can't relocate to Uxbridge, they've got a team already...

Users who are viewing this thread