Portsmouth set to go into Admin tomorrow (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Tweet from Ian Prior at The Guardian.

ian prior @ianprior
"Statement from Portsmouth FC on administration likely tonight or tomorrow but players and coaching staff have already been informed".

I believe, as this is not the first time they will have gone into Administration, they will get more than a 10 point deduction. Even with just the 10 taken off, that would put them down to 25 points. Still above us, but that means there's another team firmly embroiled in the battle for survival. May even give our boys an extra bit of encouragement and spark of confidence (not that they should need any anyway!).

I'm not going to start becoming delusional and saying we're staying up, because we're obviously not in any sort of form, but this certainly could help us. Not that I want to see any clubs go into Admin of course.

PUSB!

Otis

Even if they get a 20 point deduction you still have to feel like they will finish above us come the end of the season.

hughescov

Something always seems to come around to drag us Cov fans along that little bit further.. WE CAN AVOID, BELIEVE!

skybluebolland

Finally, someone on the same wavelength as me. See my thread a week or two ago, where I commented that if Pompey go into admin, then they could only be three points above us. We are staying up. Believe

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
still leaves two other relegation spots and still relies on us actually winning some games. i hope we stay up but I wouldnt bet my mortgage on it!

wingy

Only 3 points above us with a game in hand ,better squad ,more fight ,determination to beat the odds.

ashbyjan

Have faith - financial irregularities with Doncasters weird transfer policy will see a 10 point deduction there, Forest will be deducted 15 points after Stuart Pearces racist comments whilst at Forest and Portsmouths 15 points for admin - see simples! SISU and AT did know what they was doing after all...........

I dont think we will do it now IMO. Even with this news we are miles away this season and reading 1st half again showed that against an average side. boooooo

Astute

Admin=selling assets. Their players are their assets. They can be sold outside of the transfer window.

We have been in countless relegation battles in the last 50 years or so. Only been relegated once in this time. Keep the faith. Just a shame we don't have goalscorers in our team. If we did we would not be in the position we are in now........forget that one. SISU would have sold them :censored:

Otis

It doesn't matter what Portsmouth do. We still need to win half of the 16 games left minimum in order to stay up.

rob9872

Let's all sing together
Play up, Sky Blues
While we sing together
They will never lose
Proud Posh or Pompey
Oysters or anyone
They shan't defeat them
They'll fight 'til the game is won!
City! City! City!

:D :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
.........and if we do just manage to stay up, what's the betting that Portsmouth will forever call us cheats just like Scumderland do! :D

coundonskyblue

Good news for Donny, Forest, Bristol & Milwall. Unfortunately I think we have left it too late, even if Pompey finished below us I can't see us getting enough points to move out of the relegation zone.

We would need to be at least 22nd in the league for Pompey's admin to help us, and we haven't been that high since the end of October.

Astute

It doesn't matter what Portsmouth do. We still need to win half of the 16 games left minimum in order to stay up.

Why do we? We would only need to win half of our remaining games if the teams above us nearly win half of their remaining games.

ccfc2011

Good news hope they get a 20 point deduction

covcity4life

this is great news,lets hope its 15pts

it must be a boost to the players to see 8pt gap from safety change to 3pts all of a sudden

lets hope nimely can bang a few in starting tommrow

10pm tommrow we might be out of the relegation zone!

PUSB

Astute

Nobody knows how many it would be. Luton lost 30 points once as they had been in admin before. I think it is in the rules that it is more than 10 points if admin for the second time.

Paxman II

The simple fact is Pompey will be in the mire with us and also likely 15 points deduction - minimal!

Do you just suppose we may win our next two against what we believe and then be just a couple of points from safety?
Football....funny old game.

Otis

Why do we? We would only need to win half of our remaining games if the teams above us nearly win half of their remaining games.

Only half? Only!! :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::D:D:D

Sounds so easy. Only 8 games out of 16. Piece of piss!!

:facepalm::facepalm::thinking about::whistle:

skybluesam66

ok - the 3 games against forest/doncaster and portsmouth are must win - if we could win those - the league would take a different shape

in saying that, the leeds game is also must win

so thats 4 cup finals - and i would say we need to win another 4 of the other 12

rob9872

I can't wait to stay up in May and then multi-account on every Sunderland board during the off-season

ive lost that much faith i am thinking that maybe the best thing is for us to go down, maybe that is the only way sisu will leave knowing we are a million miles away from the premier riches and league 1 crowds of 9,000 to contend with. ok so we stay up this season and where is the benefit, will sisu still see the prem only a league away and decide to stay in control, what happens then when we would have an even worse championship side , the same struggle as this year but in all probability relegated by xmas, all i know is its ridiculous for any city fan to get excited by another clubs demise when we could be facing the very same fate any time soon, also a good point earlier that even a points deduction by pompey will still in all probability see them finishing above us due to the obvious fact that they have a better team, whatever the outcome of this season there is no reason to celebrate whatsoever

coundonskyblue

Ok so we need around 25 points to stay up, the remaining fixtures are:

Leeds H
Forest A
Barnsley H
Leicester A
Palace H
Brum H
Watford A
Cardiff A
Pompey H
Hull A
Peterboro H
Bristol A
Burnley A
Millwall H
Donny H
Saints A

Does it look like we could get another 25 points out of them fixtures? I can really only see 20 at max.

Users who are viewing this thread