Positive News on Contracts - think they will be signed (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Gunnar was at our clubs presentation last Saturday...... did a Q&A session.... first question was "are you staying?"

reply was along lines....... "been offered a contract, its 50:50 have current contact to 30/06 will wait see what happens in the summer"

might have changed since AT got permanent job but offers mean not a lot .... its signatures on contracts that count

He really rated AT though..... because "they play with a smile on their faces now"

Big Mo

Am genuinely optomistic about Marlon - seems very happy here and has got a great reception from the fans from day 1, he's probably well aware that a step up is a risk if things dont work out the fans will turn on him.

Aron will realise he isnt as in demand as he might want and will probably sign - either way i'm not too bothered

Hate to say it but Keiren wont and shouldnt sign - 3 years tredding water with cov is plenty, needs to move on

Coventry La La La

Hopefully Kingy sign's, I don't have much hope for Gunner and Westy. I reckon Gunner's replaceable and we should be able to get a descent goalkeeper.

Jimthor

I think "Marlon is pleased" is the biggest non-story we've had in a long time, and we have a lot of bloody non-stories. What's he going to say?! "I've been offered a new contract, bit shit really"? Of course he'll say he's pleased! Holding out on too much optimism till pen goes to paper. Fingers crossed though.

SkyBlueMania

I would be surprised if any of them signed a new contract. Don't forget Marlon is getting on in years, he's just turned 31 and probably only has a few years left in the game. In his situation i would be looking to make the most of my time left. I think he could easily get more money than from us, but clubs will have to make the same ethical decision that we did in whether they can justify signing him to their fans. I would love him to stay for another year!
There doesn't seem much interest in Gunnar anymore, but i reckon someone like Leeds or Wolves may make a move as he's on a free.
Westy is gone as far as i'm concerned. He ranks well above many premiership goalkeepers in my eyes, MOTD has been dominated by GK howlers this year, and would be silly to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread