Post-Relegation XI (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Who would make the team, based on players that have played for us since relegation?

Here's mine:

Westwood
Cranie - Konjic - Dann - Fox
Wise - Henderson
Thompson - McAllister - McSheffrey
King​

Last edited:

rob9872

Westwood
Keogh
Warnock
Turner
Dann
Thompson
McAllister
Wise
Henderson
McSheffrey
King

CovScott88

Do you reckon? Leon was only good for barely half a season. Mifsud scored our closest to 20 goals a season.
Hmmmmmm :thinking about:

CovScott88

Gary Mac, how did I forget him?! Changes required!! Good shout with Warnock and Wise aswell Rob. You clearly have a better memory than I.

rob9872

McNamee was excellent. I loved him but couldn't rely on him to even last a game. Such a shame and in the what might have been box along with Lee Hurst for me

rob9872

In fact I reckon my team would walk this league and smash Quarter Pound of Rubbish all over the park :)

jackdg

Konstantopoulos
Borrowdale
Grainger
Staunton
de Zeeuw
Impey
Engonga
El Idrissi
Benjamin
Sara
Olszar

**shudder**

jackdg

I have been trying to surpress any notion of Steve Walsh for 5 years... It nearly worked too... and we think we have it bad now!

rob9872

Robbie Simpson was a trier but 4 goals in 61 games (according to Wiki) should have cemented his place in that list too I think

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Who would make the team, based on players that have played for us since relegation?

Here's mine:

Westwood
Cranie - Konjic - Dann - Fox
Wise - Henderson
Thompson - McAllister - McSheffrey
King​

Actually think that the current team is one of best we have
had, which is one of the reasons this season has been so frustrating.
My team would be:-

Westwood
Keogh
Cranie
Mcpake
Dann
Thompson
Clingan
McCallister
Henderson
King
Juke (next season will show why)

With Konjic, Wise, Fox, Mcsheffrey and Gunner on the bench.
Thorn in charge.
Premiership all the way :)

Sky_Blue_Vickie

I thought that too and why not in my team. Defo make it if did play. Is hard to whittle down to 11 which is indicitive
Of wasted opportunities.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have to agree to having Steve Warnock in there! Only scored three goals in 40 odd matches but what a great play-maker! Shame he was only ever on loan from Liverpool :-(

Nonleagueherewecome

Lee hurst. I remember him barely, now he was the real sicknote.

You're right, you don't remember him! He was possibly the most talented youth team midfielder in 25 years. Him and Robson were bloody superb together. Then Lee did his knee in on Bobby Goulds pre-season army assault course. He never played again.
Hardly his fault, and before that he was never injured. You must be thinking of a different Lee Hurst!

I thought Simpson was unlucky. He certainly didn't start all those games, and he was usually on the wing when he did play. His showing in the Man U league cup win away is reason enough to keep him out of the "worst XI" team.

Last edited:

Rich

You're right, you don't remember him! He was possibly the most talented youth team midfielder in 25 years. Him and Robson were bloody superb together. Then Lee did his knee in on Bobby Goulds pre-season army assault course. He never played again.
Hardly his fault, and before that he was never injured. You must be thinking of a different Lee Hurst!

He was on the fringes of the England squad. Absolutely fantastic player and a bedworth lad. Gutted when he did his knee as he only lived round the corner from me so i really looked up to him.

Users who are viewing this thread