Potentially 4 interested parties (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I think we could all agree the standard of debate on here can be a bit hit and miss.
Does anyone think there is a mysterious link between our chosen usernames and opinions expressed.
I've done a bit of googling-
"In John Gardener’s Grendel, the fact that Grendel is a monster greatly affects his attitude towards language. At the beginning of the story the reader can see how inexperienced Grendel is as he grunts and yells words. Most of Grendel’s dialogue consists of simple thoughts and observation. Grendel’s attitude is naïve and innocent as he does not leave his mother’s lair. "

Me,generally Im a sceptical type.

Sorry mate, I just like Marillion.

If the high court rule in favour of ACL on Tuesday then the club will go into admin fully and that means club can be sold without SISU input or permission. Maybe that's why so called interested parties are speaking to ACL.

dongonzalos

Re-reading you are correct - I apologise.

A hedge fund, as I understood it at least, makes money betting against the odds. They had no reason to buy an English football club - but then, in my view, that goes for a lot of current football club owners (which is where my concern over the behaviour of ACL is rooted).

Yes unfortunately now I know more about Hedge funds than I would ever care to know.

dongonzalos

Shocking business practices? Like forcing administration so that someone else might buy the club on the cheap.

They are saying it was to prevent the club going into liquidation as threatened by the owners. (One of many shocking business practices)

Baginton

well, as the owners cant get a share in the stadium or matchday revenue, it is not a viable cause, so... it will go into liquidation, eventually!

checkmate :whistle:

dongonzalos

well, as the owners cant get a share in the stadium or matchday revenue, it is not a viable cause, so... it will go into liquidation, eventually!

checkmate :whistle:

Or administration and a new went that can shake hands on deals the back it up.

Fingers crossed

Grendel

Yeh thinking about it... I'm no expert on Beowulf but wasnt Grendel some kind of Troll?

Your right, you are clearly no expert.

Perhaps you are getting confused with the Children's tale Billy Goat's Gruff as there is a troll in that.

I suspect that is more to your literary level.

Grendel

They are saying it was to prevent the club going into liquidation as threatened by the owners. (One of many shocking business practices)

Strange how you always accuse SISU of lying and yet this is one convenient truth.

Why would potential buyers be asking the landlord about the club do you think?

WFC

Re-reading you are correct - I apologise.

A hedge fund, as I understood it at least, makes money betting against the odds. They had no reason to buy an English football club - but then, in my view, that goes for a lot of current football club owners (which is where my concern over the behaviour of ACL is rooted).

Not quite. A Hedge Fund as the name suggests looks for investment opportunities where they can make a profit regardless of which way the market goes. E.G whether a share price goes up or down, whether a company succeeds or fails. They may set out looking to drive in one direction but if it's looking like heading the other direction will switch and drive towards the other, which ever is the shortest route to a profit balanced against risk.

Probably one of the easier to understand explanation is here.

http://www.harrisoncareers.com/pop6.html

In the case of a football club either driving it to promotion and gain a share of the richer markets or if that fails having some way of profiting from the failure.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Strange how you always accuse SISU of lying and yet this is one convenient truth.

Have you seen the latest questions and answers session

SUSU have now learned if you can only lie then block your answers

lordsummerisle

So to the Sisu apologists who 'warned of the dangers of a hedge fund taking over'....

Do you reckon theyve made a good job of it?? like Grendel does.

Sisu apologist?

Just not into blind hatred or support.

That goes for Sisu, Elliott, Hoffman,Ranson, Robinson or anybody else.

Some of the most hysterical anti-Sisu people on here were the most hysterical pro-Sisu people as well.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that everyone from every viewpoint on this site seems to agree that for a successful future for the club it's vital that the club owns the stadium.

On that basis, wouldn't it be odd if potential buyers of the club weren't trying to establish what sort of deal might be available for the stadium, in parallel with discussions about the Club (which might be with SISU or the administrators)?

dongonzalos

Also it seems he will only bid if the club is administration so he will then have to deal with the landlord, tHiggs and the Council.

So why waste his and SISU's time?

Grendel

Also it seems he will only bid if the club is administration so he will then have to deal with the landlord, tHiggs and the Council.

So why waste his and SISU's time?

At least Joe should get a trip with his wife and stand outside his Jet with thumb protruding in the air.

georgehudson

just an aside grendel,
but i was having a chat earlier with a fellow CCFC fan,
& the subject got around to supporters opinions,
so he said to me,
'what do you think about some CCFC fans who blindly follow sisu' ?
my only reply was,
' i think, given all that has passed, they must have some masochistic tendencies',
perhaps i've got it all wrong

Grendel

just an aside grendel,
but i was having a chat earlier with a fellow CCFC fan,
& the subject got around to supporters opinions,
so he said to me,
'what do you think about some CCFC fans who blindly follow sisu' ?
my only reply was,
' i think, given all that has passed, they must have some masochistic tendencies',
perhaps i've got it all wrong

I've actually never come across a single fan who blindly follows SISU. Who "follows" an owner? How odd.

Raveygavy

I, for one, hope we will soon see the back of Sisu. Nothing but mismanagement, bad decisions and zero interaction with supporters. They are like the Professor Snape of the footballing world!

Big_Ben

oh so you want sisu to stay and runthe club down even more sisu are finished sorry if you are one of the sisu love group!

Part 1 of my answer is a simple fact - time passes and everything goes into history.
Part 2 alludes to the fact that SISU keeps coming out with surprises, and no matter how badly the SISU haters want them out, I believe that there are still some twists and turns to come.

As far as I am concerned that is a simple commonsense point of view, and totally undeserving of being labelled as being part of 'the sisu love group'. Nowhere have I said that I want sisu to stay and run the club down - that's your interpretation and you have no idea how wide of the mark you are!

Is that so difficult to understand??

Black6Osprey

Part 1 of my answer is a simple fact - time passes and everything goes into history.
Part 2 alludes to the fact that SISU keeps coming out with surprises, and no matter how badly the SISU haters want them out, I believe that there are still some twists and turns to come.

As far as I am concerned that is a simple commonsense point of view, and totally undeserving of being labelled as being part of 'the sisu love group'. Nowhere have I said that I want sisu to stay and run the club down - that's your interpretation and you have no idea how wide of the mark you are!

Is that so difficult to understand??

I'm afraid for many it's very difficult to understand. Common sense or any unbiased opinion means you clearly love SISU.

You should just put SISU OUT about ten times to be viewed as a true supporter but also to be condemned to a life of under achievement and a low IQ.

Big_Ben

Common sense or any unbiased opinion means you clearly love SISU.
You should just put SISU OUT about ten times to be viewed as a true supporter but also to be condemned to a life of under achievement and a low IQ.

So the level that we have sunk to is that if I make a post, it's now acceptable for someone to add their own comments to my post, and then abuse me for the comments that they have added.

PS That's a smart GT6.

Last edited:

luwalla

I, for one, hope we will soon see the back of Sisu. Nothing but mismanagement, bad decisions and zero interaction with supporters. They are like the Professor Snape of the footballing world!

except , in the end snape actually turned out to be the good guy all along.. doh!

Users who are viewing this thread