Premier League (1 Viewer)

JWC

I'm watching my first premier league game for a while, Man City v Liverpool. Now I understand that the quality of players and standards of football is much higher than league one and the mighty sky blues, but I'm not enjoying it. The main reason is the attitude of the players.

Call me old fashioned, but the abuse they give the officials and the like annoys me and puts me off watching all together. When Dzeko was down 'injured' and Liverpool scored what was going on? He obviously wasn't injured and was even sat up complaining to the ref for not giving the free kick. To then stay down injured is just pathetic. Milner was also giving the linesman a mouthful when he blatantly put the ball out for a goal kick at one point. Why do the FA let them get away with it? It would be pretty simple to stamp out wouldn't it? I think te FA have their priorities wrong and should focus on this in my opinion, rather than booking people for every challenge.

I realise that this goes on in all leagues but it seems to me that players, especially those in the top leagues, think they are above the game. About time someone brought them down to size I reckon.

LJC_CCFC

I'm watching my first premier league game for a while, Man City v Liverpool. Now I understand that the quality of players and standards of football is much higher than league one and the mighty sky blues, but I'm not enjoying it. The main reason is the attitude of the players.<br />
<br />
Call me old fashioned, but the abuse they give the officials and the like annoys me and puts me off watching all together. When Dzeko was down 'injured' and Liverpool scored what was going on? He obviously wasn't injured and was even sat up complaining to the ref for not giving the free kick. To then stay down injured is just pathetic. Milner was also giving the linesman a mouthful when he blatantly put the ball out for a goal kick at one point. Why do the FA let them get away with it? It would be pretty simple to stamp out wouldn't it? I think te FA have their priorities wrong and should focus on this in my opinion, rather than booking people for every challenge.<br />
<br />
I realise that this goes on in all leagues but it seems to me that players, especially those in the top leagues, think they are above the game. About time someone brought them down to size I reckon.
<br />
<br />

This happens at every level of the game

JWC

True, but the premier league is one of the most influential around the world. Make an example of it here and surely it will will filter through to all levels?

JWC

Turns out I'm quite enjoying the game now! But my point still stands

Users who are viewing this thread