Presley post match (2 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Agree with all the individual praises hes given to players today. Barton, Fleck, Baker, Christie. All deserved praise.

Im concerned hes so keen to appeal the FL decisions made this week. For me, there is nothing to appeal and he needs to accept it and work with it!

Can see why he'd want an appeal to be successful, but I really don't see whats in it for us!

theferret

For the 1st hour I was impressed with us today; we were pressing high up the pitch for the 1st time this season at home. Stopped playing a bit towards the end, but chuffed with that overall.

jon92

Don't really see the point in appealing it was either going to be a deduction this season or next

Covstar

Got nothing to lose as we won't be getting additional points penalty if we don't succeed the appeal even though there is little to no chance of it being overturned.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Got nothing to lose as we won't be getting additional points penalty if we don't succeed the appeal even though there is little to no chance of it being overturned.

But what grounds are there for an appeal?

The company who holds the football league rights is in admin. When you enter admin, you get docked points.

Out of all this debacle, i think thats the easiest part to understand.........unless ive misunderstood something.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I also liked that he has asked the players what their preferred position is, and is willing to let them show him what they can do in that position. Like Barton (who confirmed it in his post match conference too).

Thought that was always the problem with Baker, when we would try him in every position, but never really knew which one was his best one.

JulianDarbyFTW

If I hear him spouting hyperbole once more I'm going to lose my mind. Terrific this, fantastic that. He needs to cut through the crap a bit. Yes, results-wise things are going well, but the players will soon turn off him if they think the praise has becone disingenuous, and to my mind it already has.

Nonleagueherewecome

We were disappointed that it took him so long to use the word "outstanding", but when he did it was...outstanding.

He can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned, his "football philosophy" is bedding in after a very short time at the club; we passed the ball calmly, we moved the opposition around and "rested" when we had possession, we closed down relentlessly and high up the pitch. This a cohesive gameplan that he had spoken about and it's obvious that he's proficient at communicating that style to the players. Well done Pressers, KUTGW! :claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

Agree with all the individual praises hes given to players today. Barton, Fleck, Baker, Christie. All deserved praise.

Im concerned hes so keen to appeal the FL decisions made this week. For me, there is nothing to appeal and he needs to accept it and work with it!

Can see why he'd want an appeal to be successful, but I really don't see whats in it for us!

On the appeal-any smart manager would use that to motivate the players, even further to create a determined "siege mentality"; I don't think he himself actually thinks an appeal will work.

kg82

Because of being positive? If he's not happy with someone I'm sure he'll be telling them in private about it. I wouldn't want him coming out and saying so and so was shit/rubbish/a disgrace. If that's a reason to turn on a manager it's a pretty weak one!

JulianDarbyFTW

There's no problem with being positive, but if he keeps saying that decent individual performances are outstanding then he's clearly over-egging the pudding. Is a below-par performance rated as good on Pressley's sliding scale of positivity? I guess after MR refreshing honesty the 'manager-speak' grinds my gears.

Nonleagueherewecome

He only said outstanding once. He usually says it more, granted!

We were disappointed that it took him so long to use the word "outstanding", but when he did it was...outstanding.

He can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned, his "football philosophy" is bedding in after a very short time at the club; we passed the ball calmly, we moved the opposition around and "rested" when we had possession, we closed down relentlessly and high up the pitch. This a cohesive gameplan that he had spoken about and it's obvious that he's proficient at communicating that style to the players. Well done Pressers, KUTGW! :claping hands:

OUTSTANDING post.... absolutely OUTSTANDING post!:claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

The CableGuy

If I hear him spouting hyperbole once more I'm going to lose my mind. Terrific this, fantastic that. He needs to cut through the crap a bit. Yes, results-wise things are going well, but the players will soon turn off him if they think the praise has becone disingenuous, and to my mind it already has.

I thought your post was excellent! Outstanding work, with superb use of spelling and grammar, and the way you got your point across was fantastic!

:)

The CableGuy

"The bottom line is that we are a football club. Often in periods like this, the football gets overlooked but today the players deserve special, special praise. I have only been here for four games prior to this one and Thursday's news from the Football League was a real blow to myself."

"For many of those players it is 39 games they have endured this season and after what I thought was hammer blow, the reaction and response from the players was incredible. Our first-half performance by all accounts was our best of the season. We passed the ball with great purpose but great patience at times and our work out of possession was terrific."

"We spoke about the points deduction before the game and the response we got is what I expected from them because in the games I have been here they have shown that type of character."

Users who are viewing this thread