Price Of Concert Tickets (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

On a phone in on Five Live they were discussing the prices to see bands today. Touts etc were raking in the money with extortionate rates to see a favourite group/act, and just like for sporting events many just can't afford to go to concerts anymore. But it did ask the question what band would you still pay over the odds to watch,even when you know you've been ripped off ? I've never seen Metallica and if I could afford a ticket I'd like to go to one of their concerts. Someone said he'd pay hundreds to watch Slade reform.

clint van damme

On a phone in on Five Live they were discussing the prices to see bands today. Touts etc were raking in the money with extortionate rates to see a favourite group/act, and just like for sporting events many just can't afford to go to concerts anymore. But it did ask the question what band would you still pay over the odds to watch,even when you know you've been ripped off ? I've never seen Metallica and if I could afford a ticket I'd like to go to one of their concerts. Someone said he'd pay hundreds to watch Slade reform.

I always said if the original line up of the Dead Kennedys reformed and only played in the States I'd go over to watch it, (highly unlikely as Jello and the rest of the band hate each other), so I'd imagine that would cost a few bob.

Be interesting to see what tickets were going for if the Smiths reformed.

bringbackrattles

Good job I like cheap, past-it old has-beens and never-weres eh.
Many commented they'd rather go and see a tribute band at a fiver in the pub.
One bloke said he'd watched an ACDC tribute recently, and he reckons they're better than the last ACDC line up with Axle Rose singing !

NorthernWisdom

Many commented they'd rather go and see a tribute band at a fiver in the pub.
One bloke said he'd watched an ACDC tribute recently, and he reckons they're better than the last ACDC line up with Axle Rose singing !
I had tickets to see AC/DC for that tour. Figured they'd lost Malcolm, knew it wouldn't be the same, but it was close enough as his cousin had already filled in before, they'd done an album, and it might be my last chance to see them.

Gutted I never got to. Took the refund, couldn't handle the thought... not of Axl singing for them (he did well, apparently) but that it wasn't the band.

That's my problem with tribute acts too, if I'm honest. Would rather see a band just do a load of rock n' roll covers rather than try to impersonate.

bringbackrattles

I had tickets to see AC/DC for that tour. Figured they'd lost Malcolm, knew it wouldn't be the same, but it was close enough as his cousin had already filled in before, they'd done an album, and it might be my last chance to see them.

Gutted I never got to. Took the refund, couldn't handle the thought... not of Axl singing for them (he did well, apparently) but that it wasn't the band.

That's my problem with tribute acts too, if I'm honest. Would rather see a band just do a load of rock n' roll covers rather than try to impersonate.
Another bloke came on the radio and said Axle Rose was good. I've seen ACDC a few times but my mate saw them with Bon Scott and winds me up saying unless you've seen the original line up you ain't seen ACDC !

Liquid Gold

I've always wanted to see Mike Skinner do The Streets again. When they went on sale at the end of last year I was online on sale day at 9am ready and as i clicked through they sold out in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later they were on ticketmaster's resale price for £200.

I refuse to get anything from a tout because it encourages their bullshit activity.

Nick

Administrator
They will be bots automatically buying everything then listing them automatically.

clint van damme

I've always wanted to see Mike Skinner do The Streets again. When they went on sale at the end of last year I was online on sale day at 9am ready and as i clicked through they sold out in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later they were on ticketmaster's resale price for £200.

I refuse to get anything from a tout because it encourages their bullshit activity.

spent all morning trying to get them when they went on sale as well. Getmein were selling them at an inflated price before they'd even sold out.
I've seen the Streets live a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Liquid Gold

spent all morning trying to get them when they went on sale as well. Getmein were selling them at an inflated price before they'd even sold out.
I've seen the Streets live a couple of times and really enjoyed it.
I was never into The Street when they were first around so was more a late discovery for me but I've bankrupted myself buying vinyl too. Original Pirate Material is £200 on dicogs last time I looked.

Nick

Administrator
II do like the Streets, wife can't stand it though so doesn't like the random quotes.
"Put on your classics and we'll have a little dance shall we"

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The Beatles. (well, what's left of them!) Oh 'ang on! There's only McCartney and Ringo left. Thinking about it, I think I'll give 'em a miss!

bringbackrattles

If the Kinks got back together I'd queue up in a snowstorm and a force ten gale to get a ticket, after sleeping out all night in a cardboard box !

Nick

Administrator
60's / 70's rock group bantz on a Friday

giphy.gif

bringbackrattles

didn't Ray Davis play local in the last year or two? May have been the Arts centre.
Ray and his brother have never got on and like the Gallaghers have had loads of fall outs. So unlikely they'd reform even though Ray hinted he'd like a reunion. The Kinks and Small Faces were always under the shadow of the Beatles and the Stones, but made some great music.

bringbackrattles

The Beatles. (well, what's left of them!) Oh 'ang on! There's only McCartney and Ringo left. Thinking about it, I think I'll give 'em a miss!
Without doubt the best pop group ever. But in my opinion without Lennon there's no Beatles. McCartney is a brilliant songwriter but since Wings don't like any thing he's done.

Malaka

I saw Metallica in Birmingham recently. It was about £70 and was sold out in minutes. I've seen them many times and every time they were brilliant! Well worth the expense

Malaka

I was thinking the other day, does anyone remember a programme in the 70's called the Good Old Days? It was in a Victorian Music Hall, I think Manuel from Fawlty Towers dad was the compare and they would sing old songs, have comedians etc and the crowd would dress appropriately.
It would be good to do something like that with a sixties and seventies theme and reform all the old farts. I reckon it would be good

The Great Eastern

I was thinking the other day, does anyone remember a programme in the 70's called the Good Old Days? It was in a Victorian Music Hall, I think Manuel from Fawlty Towers dad was the compare and they would sing old songs, have comedians etc and the crowd would dress appropriately.
It would be good to do something like that with a sixties and seventies theme and reform all the old farts. I reckon it would be good
Leonard Sachs was Manuels brother.

Users who are viewing this thread