Protest at wasps (1 Viewer)

ladywoodskyblue

I'm sure something like this has been posted before but I think it's important enough to have its own thread .

I'm no fan of Sisu but I can see that most people are now of the opinion that Wasps/Council bare at least some of the blame in this whole fiasco. Many clubs fans aren't harmonious with its owners; take Leeds United for example , hypothetically if London Irish were to take over Elland Road and place their badge all over the stadium I can't see for a second their fans taking it . I could almost guarantee there would be wide spread protests, probably even violence at London Irish games .

Now I'm not suggesting anything aggressive but surely we should at least try and make a statement to the Wasps. If we could drum up any level of anti Wasps sentiment we maybe just be able to slightly negatively affect their revenues and force their hand in the whole academy /stadium situation . Unlikely to have an effect I know , but just a suggestion .

rupert_bear

I'm sure something like this has been posted before but I think it's important enough to have its own thread .

I'm no fan of Sisu but I can see that most people are now of the opinion that Wasps/Council bare at least some of the blame in this whole fiasco. Many clubs fans aren't harmonious with its owners; take Leeds United for example , hypothetically if London Irish were to take over Elland Road and place their badge all over the stadium I can't see for a second their fans taking it . I could almost guarantee there would be wide spread protests, probably even violence at London Irish games .

Now I'm not suggesting anything aggressive but surely we should at least try and make a statement to the Wasps. If we could drum up any level of anti Wasps sentiment we maybe just be able to slightly negatively affect their revenues and force their hand in the whole academy /stadium situation . Unlikely to have an effect I know , but just a suggestion .
At the moment it is sisu who are our owners and make the decisions a lot of fans are up I arms about. Demo re Wasps may have to happen one day but at the moment concentration should focus one way, have too many fronts and we'll all disappear up our own arse holes.

ladywoodskyblue

It was just a hypothetical situation to explain how I don't think other groups of supporters would have layed down and just took the situation as much as our supporters appeared to have done. I just think if we could across the city channel as much anti wasps sentiment as there is anti sisu we could have an effect . At the min the Waps can do things like kick us out our own academy and come up with very little resistance , so why wouldn't they ?

Grendel

I'd draw the line at boycotting purity brewery.

Skyblueweeman

They're looking to move back to London, to the new ground in Brentford that Wasps rejected.

Interesting move after relegation. At least Reading to Brentford is only a short hop up the M4. Fan base will remain fairly local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewys33

As much as I despise them for what they are now doing to our academy I don't think I could ever protest against them. We didn't protest against Northampton. I just refuse to give them any money, and have a strong dislike to people who never spent a penny on Coventry rugby club yet jumped at the chance to support the franchise because of big bad sisu.

The best thing to happen now would be for the planning permission to be rejected for some reason ........ let's say for example someone found some form of protected amphibian?

Otis

As much as I despise them for what they are now doing to our academy I don't think I could ever protest against them. We didn't protest against Northampton. I just refuse to give them any money, and have a strong dislike to people who never spent a penny on Coventry rugby club yet jumped at the chance to support the franchise because of big bad sisu.

The best thing to happen now would be for the planning permission to be rejected for some reason ........ let's say for example someone found some form of protected amphibian?
I'm gathering up frogs and painting them as we speak.

letsallsingtogether

We protested about Northampton at every game I'll have you know.
As for protests againts the wasps 3 of us turned up and about 8 turned up against the council?
Shame really but we just cannot get the fans to gel about one never mind three.

Johnnythespider

I don't think there is much of an Irish community in Leeds

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread