R.I P Ken McPherson (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Will probably mean nothing to 99% on here but in the 1950's Ken McPherson was one of my hero's. He passed away aged 90 years but to a few of us oldies on here we have fond memories of him playing in the same team alongside a very young George Curtis, Roy Kirk, Noel Simpson, Frank Austin, Reg Matthews, etc etc. Too much nostalgia thinking of the good times all those years ago now.

Citysince47

Will probably mean nothing to 99% on here but in the 1950's Ken McPherson was one of my hero's. He passed away aged 90 years but to a few of us oldies on here we have fond memories of him playing in the same team alongside a very young George Curtis, Roy Kirk, Noel Simpson, Frank Austin, Reg Matthews, etc etc. Too much nostalgia thinking of the good times all those years ago now.
Those were the days

Cov kid 55

Yes, he left Cov in 1958 and I started watching in 1963, so never saw him play for City. I do know of him from various books I’ve read, and his scoring record was excellent, 38 goals from 88 games. I’m thinking I may well have seen him playing against us for Swindon in the mid 60’s, as I didn’t miss many games from the start of the ‘64 season. RIP one of the heroes of our long standing fans.

Users who are viewing this thread