Muhammad Ali (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Sad news, his children have rushed to see him as they have been told he hasn't got long left. On life support :(

CJ_covblaze

Very sad. Suffered that horrible illness for so long. Will never forget his appearance on BBC SPOTY 16 years ago. "I'll be back". A great personality and a sportsman very few can match.

Nick

Administrator
How long has he had it now? It seems like its been a good for years he has been fighting it.

Gazolba

His brain is mush. Boxing does that to you.

rupert_bear

Might not be Coventry City related but we should be above that when a true sporting legend passes on. Perhaps the most iconic sportsman of all time and the first worldwide superstar, I remember going to see him open Jack Bodell's chip shop in Tile Hill full filling a promise to a friend typified the man and what he stood for.

Johnnythespider

In his prime the greatest ever, a heavyweight who moved like a middleweight. He did however go on too long and took a lot of punishment in his later fights, which surely contributed to his condition. RIP champ

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

For me the best heavyweight boxer of all time. He epitomised the "Boxing Brain" with the "Rope a Dope" let the other boxer tire himself out then box his head off. RIP a true Legend.

kdrinkell

RIP
A great showman and sportsman,who could have been even greater if it was not for conscription.

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably the most recognisable sportsman ever, I was in the crowd at Unit Sales when he visited but my mum worked there and was given a hug by him.

RIP

Sky Blue Kid

Never forgotten Ali when he said "Ernie shavers was the only man to hurt me in the ring. "He hit me so hard, my kin folk back in Africa felt it" Truly great Champion.

dutchman

Never forgotten Ali when he said "Ernie shavers was the only man to hurt me in the ring."

Did he mean "except for when Henry Cooper did this"? ;)

article-0-0BDD715000000578-968_306x423.jpg

Last edited:

vow

I actually met the great man when I was a kid at the opening of Great Mills (DIY superstore), Rotherham rd in Whitmore Park!
Signed photo and a semi-hug :happy:

RIP.

Gazolba

Boxing killed him before his time. But then without boxing, none of us would ever have heard of him.

Users who are viewing this thread