Raheem sterling is he all that? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Take away his pace and he is average

stupot07

He's ok.....but not as good as some think he is or will be. still one of Liverpool's best players mind. I can't remember who if was but when the World Cup was on someone on gmk kept saying that he is the best young player in the world....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

I think he and liverpool overachieved last season , i do believe he is good ...just not as good as some would have you believe

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think he and liverpool overachieved last season , i do believe he is good ...just not as good as some would have you believe

Thought for a second you said you believed he was God! Couldn't help agreeing! :D

jimmyhillsfanclub

Take away his pace and he is average

you can apply that to a lot of players in the PL....especially the British ones.

..a great example was a certain Mr. Bellamy.....didn't stop him making a fortune out of the game & playing in the CL though....

CCFC88

Playing as an attacking midfielder makes him open to this feeling of "mecurial talent" one week and "overated kid" the next,

In that position where you are constantly running at defenders and trying to, and expected to, create chances one week everything will run for for you and you can have a hand in 3/4 goals and the next the ball just wont break for your or your striker wont finish their chances.

For every Gareth Bale that breaks through and then kicks on to consistent world class level there more than a handful of Bellamys, Townsends, Youngs, Downings, Adam Johnsons that break through and have a good couple of months and then fail to do it consistantly.

The jurys out on whether Sterling can break into the Bale/Di Maria/Ronaldo bracket but having 65 Liverpool matches and 9 England games under your belt still at only 19 is a ruddy good start!!

Covstu

Or because he is English, he immediately is over-rated....and over-priced....and over-paid.

£30m for Luke Shaw ???? £25M for Lallana?? Fuck off.

Totally agree and people wonder why clubs buy foreign players?? Also to add the rediculous salaries that are almost worse than the transfer fee!

CCFC88

Totally agree and people wonder why clubs buy foreign players?? Also to add the rediculous salaries that are almost worse than the transfer fee!

On the flip side to that argument though it offers clubs like Southampton and other "selling" clubs a greater incentive to invest in their academy and produce these good young English players in order to receive these inflated fees and in turn improving the quality in the England team.

ccfc1234

Yes I think he is currently over rated. All English players are that show glimpses of potential normally are hyped way beyond their actual ability levels. He could become the next Bale but I am not convinced as the media yet.

Users who are viewing this thread