Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Murphy - 7 - couple of bad kicks but a great save
Christie - 5 - shaky
Edge and wood - 6.5 - quite solid, some shaky periods when their strikers got in behind
Adams - 7 - great defending and attacking
Fleck - 5 - some great passes but some shockers and needs to get in the gym
Moussa - 6 - got firward well
Sheff - 6 - first half ran at them well but second half wasnt in it much
Baker - 6 - battled hard
Clarke - 6 - ran a lot, chased and took his goal well

Elliott - 7 - great touch, ran a lot and created chances
Thomas - 6 - broke up play , sometimes shaky but did the job

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy - 8
Christie - 5
Wood - 6
Edjenguele - 7
Adams - 6
Jennings - 7
Fleck - 5
Baker - 7
Moussa - 6
McSheffrey - 6
Clarke - 6

stupot07

Murphy - 8
Christie - 5 - his confidence is shot
Edge - 7
wood - 6
Adams - 7
Fleck - 5 - mixed bag but mostly poor
Moussa - 6
Sheff - 7
Baker - 7
Clarke - 7

Elliott - 6
Thomas - 6

Last edited:

Greggs

I think Christie did well tonight, very good in the air and got tested a lot. I'm guessing that is why he was given the nod over JC.

ggrady

Murphy is an easy 9 just because it's not Westwood you don't rate him high. He was te only reason we didn't lose tonight

CCFC_Charlie

Fleck is one of the most frustrating players to watch I've seen in a while, his slip from the sublime to the abysmal can happen in a matter of seconds.

Nick

Administrator
Murphy is an easy 9 just because it's not Westwood you don't rate him high. He was te only reason we didn't lose tonight

Yes he made a great save and had some great distribution but on the other hand he had some dodgy kicks! Did save the day though :)

Sky Blue Pete

Very harsh ratings from nick. Consider the conditions my man and that we beat the team 13 points above us at the top of the table. Murphy at least 8 , others 7 apart from Christie and fleck and Christie was much better than his last home performance though not good enough

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 8 - From my end it was hard to see who was making the blocks and saves but between them they kept it out
Christie 6 - Good first 40 mins, had a couple of hairy moments in the last 5 of the first half. Defended well in the second half
Wood 7
Edge 7 - As a partnership they were awesome
Adams 7- Best game in a while
Fleck 6- Some good passing, first half was always looking to receive the ball. Was shoved off to easily at times
Jennings 6- Consistent performer, you know what you are going to get with him
Sheff 6- Best player first half, faded badly in the second
Baker 6
Moussa 6
Clarke 7- Gave the Tranmere defence a hard workout

Thomas 5
Elliott 6

dongonzalos

Fleck is one of the most frustrating players to watch I've seen in a while, his slip from the sublime to the abysmal can happen in a matter of seconds.

People used to say that about Baker.

He just needs time support and patience.
Brilliance should be nurtured

stupot07

Maybe bakers found his consistency and confidence.
Fleck might too.

No baker has definitely found his level, it is the level he excelled at before we signed him. There is a big step up in quality in the championship.
Fleck might come good, but that's the key word might.

dongonzalos

No baker has definitely found his level, it is the level he excelled at before we signed him. There is a big step up in quality in the championship.
Fleck might come good, but that's the key word might.

I really hope Fleck does. I can see him as a league one - Scholes type for us

I know I will get the sarcastic comments by some now regarding the comparison.

However emphasise the league one bit.

Baker has so much natural skill and flair fingers crossed he develops it.

Nick

Administrator

The passing i can see but he doesnt have the tackling :(

stupot07

He only similarity between fleck and scholes is they are both ginger.

Bakers now 30, he isn't going to develop too much more at this stage of his career.

Grendel

People used to say that about Baker.

He just needs time support and patience.
Brilliance should be nurtured

Brilliance is a silly word for Fleck. His performances are too inconsistent to even merit good.

They would say the same about Baker as a championship player -- he was out his depth -- if we did get promoted he would only then be a squad player.

dongonzalos

He only similarity between fleck and scholes is they are both ginger.

Bakers now 30, he isn't going to develop too much more at this stage of his career.
More his confidence that I feel needs developing. If he believes he can do it in the championship he will.
The skill is easily good enough for that level it is just the mindset.

Squelly1987

I don't know how true this could be but on twitter Christine said he had a dead leg for 60 mins of that game, so this could be why his performance tailed off

Murphy 8 great saves near the end
Christie 5 some good runs but disapointing with his crosses and constantly kicked the ball out of play when he should have kept it in
Wood 6 decent but nothing to shout about
Edje 7 Solid. Made a couple of mad Keogh runs. Did well
Adams 8 did well defensively and attacking wise
Fleck 4 decent passing but some shocking errors. has to improve
Moussa 6 good forward play but did look a bit dodgy
Sheffers 8 great. some brilliant attacking play but still needs to work on his shooting
Baker 7 solid. did well crossing wise. a couple of bad corners but overall did well
Jennings 9 man of the match. was amazing. his movement, passing and overall work effort was amazing. thats the sort of performance we need
Clarke 8 solid performance. scored a good goal. hope to see a slight improvement in his finishing but movement and positioning was top-notch

Thomas 6 a bit dodgy but overall ok
Elliott 5 no impact. he needs to take these chances

deanocity3

Murphy 8 great saves near the end
Christie 5 some good runs but disapointing with his crosses and constantly kicked the ball out of play when he should have kept it in
Wood 6 decent but nothing to shout about
Edje 7 Solid. Made a couple of mad Keogh runs. Did well
Adams 8 did well defensively and attacking wise
Fleck 4 decent passing but some shocking errors. has to improve
Moussa 6 good forward play but did look a bit dodgy
Sheffers 8 great. some brilliant attacking play but still needs to work on his shooting
Baker 7 solid. did well crossing wise. a couple of bad corners but overall did well
Jennings 9 man of the match. was amazing. his movement, passing and overall work effort was amazing. thats the sort of performance we need
Clarke 8 solid performance. scored a good goal. hope to see a slight improvement in his finishing but movement and positioning was top-notch

Thomas 6 a bit dodgy but overall ok
Elliott 5 no impact. he needs to take these chances

Murphy some great saves but must to knock the ball away from danger area 8
Christie very good half linked up well with Baker and had a shot,but can have odd moment of being too casual 7
Adams good all round game would like to see have a crack at goal with his left,was through but decided to pass instead 7
Wood steady match sprayed the ball about from the back and set the goal up too by heading it back across for Clarke,foul at the end could have cost us though. 7
Billy French never put a foot wrong,if in doubt get it out,won almost every header at the back 7
Fleck poor match caught in possession too often,needs to look for early pass before he loses it. 5
Baker good in patches helped Christie in defence when we sat back towards the end. 7
Moussa played better when running at people not that good at getting the ball back,was getting more into the match when subbed. 6
Macca more phyiscal display seems to have lost the shot in his rightfoot,poor finishing again 7
Jennings here there and everywhere my man of the match 9
Clarke shows some nice touches but we need to support him more if we knock the ball long. 7

Warwickhunt

Murphy 8 - Was not very busy at all but maintained concentration to make a crucial save - seemed to mixup the playing out from the back and launching quite well
Christie 6 - Not back to where he was but a good effort and a marked improvement on his last outing
Wood 7 - Still concerns me with the ball at his feet and that last ditch foul he committed outside the area in the 91st minute
Edge 8 - He was pushing up a lot more than of recent and was looking good in attack
Adams 7- Best game in a while slaughtered them until they stuck a guy down the right side to stem his runs
Fleck 5- Was shoved off to easily at times, needs to work on his fitness reasonable showing 1st half but deserved to get subbed in the 2nd
Jennings 7- Worked hard, very consistent, he is like Dolye with Brains
Sheff 7- superb first half lost impetus 2nd when they stuck someone on him to stop the roaming he was doing
Baker 6 - fustrating young man, has shown his ability in fits & starts , still tends to make the wrong decisions though, he might be greedy at times
Moussa 7 - loads of time for this guy in between the midfied and attack, unlucky the sub that MR did would have made him redundant if he had stayed on
Clarke 6- He is getting ther caused the centre backs problems, mid you the Tranmere cetrebacks were appalling anyway

Thomas 6- a different class to the rest of midfield
Elliott 6 - They found him difficult to mark at times and would get an 8 if he was played against some of the lower division teams

Users who are viewing this thread