Reasons for our falling apart? (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Reading many posts from away fans before Xmas we were likened to the Barcelona of league one with our passing and off the ball running and making lots of Chances - this seems to have stopped and a new type of tactic in place and also around about the time that Jim o Brien started getting restless behind the scenes - could this be the two reasons we have fallen apart - We also have a mirror image in Peterbourgh utd who we play tonight they also scored lots of goals before Xmas played attractive football and the best team i have seen at the Ricoh this season but they fell about at the same time as us

H

Huckerby

We were over performing for the first few months.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No Way Back

We were creating so many chances & we were looking so fluent. As skyblue fans we should have known it wouldn't last long.
I along with plenty of others thought we'd really cracked this division. Amazing how quickly its changed whatever's behind it.
I'm sure there's something else that we don't know about at the heart of this. PUSB I have a good feeling about tonight.

Hobo

Even before Christmas our performances were uneven and inconsistent. We got ourselves into a great position, but promotion was dependant on us kicking on from there and really establishing ourselves as a quality side.

CovisGod

I think we got found out early on, teams started to counteract our fluidity and we didn't have a plan B for when teams came playing for the draw / to kick us off the field. We then signed a few players that simply didn't work with the likes of Hunt and Ramage turning up and not really bringing anything to the team. Kent going back / the sale of Maddison pissing off a few of the other youngsters I think also had an impact.

Simply though I just don't think we were good enough to keep it up, it's a long season and I think at times we've been complacent and let teams back in to games instead of seeing them out.

I don't think we'll make the play offs but it's good to see that Mowbray is looking beyond this season and with the likes of Jones / Sambou waiting in the wings I don't think it will be long until we have another crack at it.......and probably be having this conversation all over again....

No Way Back

What annoys me is that a lot of these sides are not really all that good but seem to be doing better than us with less resources.
Blending younger players with experienced ones is one of the secrets I guess.

Ian1779

If we'd converted some of those draws that should have done then we would be in a much healthier position. That's been our biggest undoing - we were always going to have a difficult patch at some point.

Hopefully we have got through it now - we've got 2 clean sheets on the trot, if we can keep a third tonight then we could be back on track.

Ian1779

Also not want to be making excuses as such but we have been on the recieving end of some of the most shocking officiating I've seen for many a year.

mrtrench

I've seen a documentary on this - apparently it's because we got stuck in a traffic jam.

wingy

We were over performing for the first few months.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
According to Chris Andersons stats we're about where we should be.
I'd like to see his analysis of the others up near the top to see if they're where they should be.

Gazolba

It's simple. At the start of the season our opponents were allowing us to play well. Once there were enough tapes of previous games available, our opponents easily nullified our tactics and figured out our weaknesses. Mowbray is clueless about what to do to turn things around.

Otis

Once the Rugby season started to churn up the pitch our home form mirrored our away form.
Yep! Indeed.

And also Wasps' failure to change the seats to yellow and black meant that yet again players were unable to pick out Sky Blue team mates with their passes due to the empty sky blue seats behind them in the stands.

Those franchise barstewards!

Hobo

The season isn't over for fucks sake

No it is not and we can still make the play offs. BUT since January we have been saying 'we can" without delivering. At the moment things have fallen apart. January February March we haven't got back on the horse and other teams have given us plenty of opportunity to get back in there. Unless this side shows character and form not yet seen this season, it is over.

Users who are viewing this thread