Released Pompey player... (1 Viewer)

Baginton

Pompey have released expirienced left back Jon Harley, could do a job if Adams isnt kept on !!

Astute

They will have got rid of him as he wants too much money. This would be the same for us.

mark82

Surely they can't keep any of the players they have had. Are they still without a permanent manager?

RichieGunns

As far as im aware they still don't have a perminent manager.

Plus most of their players were on monthly rolling contracts anyway like Moussa was (sorta)!

So its fair to say they'll be letting loads of players go and bringing others in. No perminent players I'd assume for some time to come!

RichieGunns

Id worry about signing any pompey players tho

I don't think its anything to do with Pompey. I don't think they have the same vestid interrest in the club like our players do at Cov (Baker etc).

It's one of those in between jobs. A short rolling contract to keep the money coming in until at such point they can land a better deal at another club.

Pompey just aren't a long term club for most players.

So therefore i wouldn't allow pompey's recent results to cloud your judgement on whether the players are any good or not.

They're just in a sticky situation and im sure most would like to be out of it if they could!

I think the phrase "putting myself in the shop window" is quite poiniant!

Users who are viewing this thread