Ricoh deal done? (1 Viewer)

zuni

Anyone hear rumours of a Ricoh deal being done at the weekend?

oucho

No

oucho

We obviously need more details but this is great news if true.

letsallsingtogether

Shhhhhhhhh
They only shoot you down say nothing.........
My lips are sealed, on everything!!

oucho

Can't wait for Fisher to say that it is only temporary and that we are still building our own stadium.
Urgh, yes.

I do hope that any deal will be comprehensive i.e. with the court case called off, Wasps providing longer term tenancy for the academy, council easing parking restrictions near the Ricoh, CCFC signing up to a long term deal etc. We need the whole issue sorted for good.

covcity4life

Don't shoot the messenger

10 year deal

£150k League 2 - £250k League 1 - £500k Championship - £750k PL

50% F&b & parking

Seats are going black

Great news other than the seats. Ay least they wont be orange i guess

Still none of the all important non matchday revenue though. Sisu giving up or ready to move on? Or still looking to leave in future i wonder

oucho

10 year deal

50% F&b & parking

Seats are going black

What's your source for this and when do you expect it to be announced?

oucho

Great news other than the seats. Ay least they wont be orange i guess

Still none of the all important non matchday revenue though. Sisu giving up or ready to move on? Or still looking to leave in future i wonder

I doubt Wasps would change the seats. It would cost a fortune and they're losing money as it is. It is just an additional cost with zero payback for them.

I wonder if there will be a penalty clause if Sisu decide to stop paying the rent again. If not, what is there to stop them from going through the whole 'walking away from the lease via admin' process again, other than a FL points deduction?

jimmyhillsfanclub

10 year deal

50% F&b & parking

Seats are going black

I just know I'm gonna ducking hate this thead.....I'll be pissed in another hours or so....so tomorrow I'll have to wade through 17 pages to find out nothing.......

....still.....nice wine

Nick

Administrator
I doubt Wasps would change the seats. It would cost a fortune and they're losing money as it is. It is just an additional cost with zero payback for them.

I wonder if there will be a penalty clause if Sisu decide to stop paying the rent again. If not, what is there to stop them from going through the whole 'walking away from the lease via admin' process again, other than a FL points deduction?

The lease would only be worth £2.5m for the whole term (that's if we go to League One) for this lease (if it's as said) rather than the £60m for the other one.

Grendel

No one will be changing the seats. It costs money.

oucho

The lease would only be worth £2.5m for the whole term (that's if we go to League One) for this lease (if it's as said) rather than the £60m for the other one.

Not sure what your point is, but the old lease was 50 years IIRC so hardly an apples with apples comparison.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure what your point is, but the old lease was 50 years IIRC so hardly an apples with apples comparison.

That's what I mean, there was much more reason / incentive to break that lease than there would be for a shortish term one.

If it isn't apples with apples, then why are you comparing them both in the first place with what happened to the other one?

oucho

If it isn't apples with apples, then why are you comparing them both in the first place with what happened to the other one?
I was just asking if anyone thinks there could be a penalty for us walking away, and if so what it might be. Just because it's a shorter and less valuable lease doesn't mean Sisu wouldn't consider walking away from the lease if it was in their interests.

Nick

Administrator
Where do rumours start at games? Is it people who work there or is it just people in the pubs etc talking about it?

Whenever people feel the need to randomly tell me things it is always nonsense, but with this a few people seem to have heard the same.

zuni

ironically from a fella down the pub, could be bs....but it ties up with what others have heard..plus boddy all but said it the other friday

Liquid Gold

What's your source for this and when do you expect it to be announced?
A friend that's not normally in the know but not the type to bullshit either. Was't going to put anything but thought I may as well share if others have heard things. Interesting that 10 years is being said by multiple people. Hopefully the seats is a no go but it wouldn't surprise me with the way Wasps are trying to present themselves as the premier club in the city. Maybe it's not planned but as part of the deal we had to give our consent to any future change.

ccfcway

10 years seems a long time. Its decent for rent, but doesn't give us the revenues we need outside of games.

also, what if we go down, at attendances like 3-4k, surely it makes the ricoh impracticable ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Where do rumours start at games? Is it people who work there or is it just people in the pubs etc talking about it?

Whenever people feel the need to randomly tell me things it is always nonsense, but with this a few people seem to have heard the same.
It's called gossip !

Users who are viewing this thread