Rik Mayall Dies Aged 56 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hasn't said how yet though :(

Otis

Liked him best in the New Statesman.

Talented comedic actor. Remember seeing him live at the Belgrade Theatre many years ago doing stand-up.

RIP.

wingy

Kick up the Eighties with Richard Stilgoe was the first time I caught him as. a Punk Poet IIRC
RIP

ajsccfc

I don't generally go for the whole 'RIP famous person' you get with some people, but it's different when it's someone who meant something. This sucks hard.

He could make near enough anything watchable.

henry the wasp

This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The peoples poet is dead!"

RIP.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not a huge fan, but a likeable bloke. RIP Rik.

Covstu

I was gutted when I heard this as it was really unexpected. I loved the Young ones and Bottom, silly slapstick humour but really effective. RIP Ritchie!

Marty

Gutted, RIP Rik

[video=youtube_share;BXLKKYEzjd8]http://youtu.be/BXLKKYEzjd8[/video]

Heard the tragic news on the way home from work yesterday. Completely shocked. Loved his work. The Young Ones and Bottom are 2 of my favorite shows. A little before my time but he has got to be one of the funniest men to have graced this planet. RIP Rick

Users who are viewing this thread