Robins agrees with me (1 Viewer)

cyril

Thinks the players Lose each other in a sea of sky blue

1ccfc

Could be something in this. A few years ago Man Utd had a grey away kit which the players complained about. They said it was hard to pick players out against the crowd. Talking about kits I think the ones we have had recently are boring. I also don't like it when the manufacturer uses the same design for several clubs.

wingy

Bring back the Dion /Huckerby era Stripes ,loved those kits ,made our players look a lot more intimidating and dare I say Bigger,out with the Wishy/Washy Sky Blue.;):mad::(

stupot07

Bring back the Dion /Huckerby era Stripes ,loved those kits ,made our players look a lot more intimidating and dare I say Bigger,out with the Wishy/Washy Sky Blue.;):mad::(

I think that's because they were bigger.....

wingy

No they had 40000 fans sat in identical sky blue shirts in the seats instead.

So now we're approaching winter, the passing success ratio should naturally improve with all the darker coats /jackets ,then they just need to heard us all down the front of the stands,filling from the front,then use that webbing or cardboard cut outs or blow up dolls to fill in.Did I just write that??:facepalm:
Pretty sure where clubs have reconstructed during a season some have had a graphic banner printed to imitate a crowd scene.

Otis

Jimmy hills team didnt seem to have a problem with it.

We didn't have sky blue seats in the stands in those days and as has been said, it's the empty seats as much as anything that may cause the problem.

And before anyone mentions again about Man City fans wearing sky blue, that is not every fan. When you have empty sky blue seats it is just sky blue and nothing else in places.

I have no problem with us reverting to stripes if it helps the team on the pitch.

After all, we have never played in such a big stadium with so many empty seats before have we.

Astute

If that was the case every home side would have the same problem.....empty seats or fans wearing their own colours.

Otis

If that was the case every home side would have the same problem.....empty seats or fans wearing their own colours.

But not every home fan wears their team colours.

PA-10631616.jpg

As with Man City here there are other colours amongst the sea of blue. If all the seats in a block are empty and the same colour as a kit I can see how that may well cause a problem.

As this pictures shows, there are lots of different colours and shades amongst a block of fans.

wingy

Its obviously a subliminal marketing technique ,"Please Come and fill our ground you disloyal lot".:facepalm:

Otis

And though Liverpool wear all red, their scarves are red and white.

liverpool-fans-poster.jpg

Be interesting to look at teams that only play in one straight colour such as the City (all Sky Blue) and Liverpool (all red), with the same colour seats. But with lots of empty seats.

WillieStanley

But not every home fan wears their team colours.

View attachment 1279

As with Man City here there are other colours amongst the sea of blue. If all the seats in a block are empty and the same colour as a kit I can see how that may well cause a problem.

As this pictures shows, there are lots of different colours and shades amongst a block of fans.

The poznan still rattles my cages. I have no idea why!

C

Clive Plattini

Actually that took me a good while to notice the City player in that picture.

Otis

I can see us Sky Blues fans turning our backs on the play one day just like Man City do, though I fear with us it that will probably because the football on the pitch is so bad.

stupot07

I can see us Sky Blues fans turning our backs on the play one day just like Man City do, though I fear with us it that will probably because the football on the pitch is so bad.

10,000 have already turned their backs since that first season a the Ricoh....

WillieStanley

The-Ricoh-Arena-has-been--007.jpg

Old picture but eye level and maybe he has a point!!

article-2051070-0E63140C00000578-484_468x317.jpg

Although maybe not so much with the new paler kits.

This thread feels a lot like clutching at straws.

z93Cq.gif

cyril

Actually that took me a good while to notice the City player in that picture.
I agree but the pace of league 1 football is that much more frantic plus the gulf in quality means the man city players have more time on the ball
A half glance Is all you get in our league and if they haven't read the game then there's a tackle or pressure. Panic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread