Robins and the last 11 games... January cannot come quick enough. (1 Viewer)

steve82

I've had a look back and split the season so far into the first 10 games and last 11 games. It's very fair to say the criticism MR has come in for lately is unfortunately warranted on the form book and hopefully he's delivered the rocket required after Saturdays fiasco and making realistic plans for January to make this team tick in the second half of the season or we will fall away.

After 10 games we were 4th with 19pts having just beaten Swindon 2-1.
W6 D1 L3 F13 A6 GD+7 PTS 19

Scored in 7/10 games conceded a goal in 4/10 games, kept 6 clean sheets but went over 309 minutes (5hrs 9mins) without a league goal.
Form: WWLLDWWLWW

Home form...
W4 D0 L1 F8 A1 GD+7 PTS 12
Beat Notts county, Port Vale, Carlise and Exeter, only losing to Newport County. Scored in 4/5 games keeping 4/5 clean sheets too.
Form: WLWWW

Away form
W2 D1 L2 F5 A5 GD0 PTS 7
Beat Grimsby and Swindon, drew at Chesterfield and lost to Yeovil and Cambridge.
Scored in 3/5 games Conceded in 3/5 games
Form: WLDLW

Last 11 games....
11 games later 21 games into the 17/18 season and were 7th on 32 pts having just been beaten by Morecambe and taken 13 pts from 33.
We've scored in 5/11 games and conceded in 7/11 games and went over 458 minutes (7hrs 38mins) without a goal and now without a clean sheet in the last 5 games.
W3 D4 L4 F8 A8 GD0 PTS 13
Form: WDLLDWLWDDL

Home form in last 11 games
W1 D2 L2 F2 A3 GD-1 PTS 5
We've not won at home since Crewe came on 30th September, drew against Colchester and Crawley and lost two Forest Green and Mansfield. In that time we only scored in 2/5 home games and conceded in 3/5 keeping just 2 clean sheets.
Form: WLDLD

Away Form last 11 games
W2 D2 L2 F6 A5 GD+1 PTS 8
We had excellent wins against Luton and Lincoln, frustrating draws at Barnet and Stevenage and poor defeats at Accrington and Morecambe. We scored in 3/6 games and conceded in 4/6 with just 2 clean sheets.
Form: DLWWDL.

steve82

Key points are
Form:
1st 10 - WWLLDWWLWW 19pts/30pts
Last 11- WDLLDWLWDDL 13pts/33pts

Wins:
1st 10 games - 6/10 wins
Last 11 games - 3/11 wins.

Home form:
1st 5 - WLWWW 12pts/15pts
Last 5 - WLDLD 5pts/15pts

Away form:
1st 5 - WLDLW 7pts/15pts
Last 6 - DLWWDL 8pts/18pts

Clean sheets:
1st 10 games - 6/10 clean sheets
Last 11 games - 4/11 clean sheets

Games scored in:
1st 10 games - 7/10 games.
Last 11 games - 5/11 games

Worst no goal spell:
1st 10 games - No goals in 309 minutes (5hrs 9mins)
Last 11 games - No goals in 458 minutes (7hrs 38mins)

Goals scored:
1st 10 games 13 goals....
by..... JJ 4, Nazon 3, McNulty 1, Grimmer 1, Vincenti 1, Doyle 1, DeKE 1, O.G 1,

Last 11 games 8 goals .....
by......Nazon 3, McNulty 3, Shipley 1, JJ 1.

Total of 21 league goals....
Nazon 6, JJ 5, McNulty 4, Shipley 1, Grimmer 1, Vincenti 1, Doyle 1, DeKE 1, O.G 1,

*2 wins in the last 10 games.
*10 pts from 30 taken.
*No home win since 30th September.
*No clean sheet in last 5 games.
*6 of the last 11 games we've failed to score
*in the play offs by the skin of our teeth still.

Last edited:

Gazolba

To summarize, we are not doing as well as we were.
Now all we have to do is figure out why and put a stop to it.
I seem to remember the same thing happening in a previous season and the theory was that the other teams had sussed out our weaknesses.
I don't see a flood of new players in January but there might be one or two in and two or three out (if anyone will have them).
I don't see recruitment making a big difference to our fortunes.

steve82

I can see a minimum of 2 quick wide players coming in on loan at least. I'd suspect and hope he's a short list of names already drawn up between him and TW.

Something has to change for the better.

rupert_bear

From what I can gather we are desperately in need of funds that means selling players, it looks to me that it’s likely our defence will be broken up with either MacDonald or Willis or both moving on, as for bringing players in more likely to be loans and they are normally at the end of January I fear for us second half of this season to be honest

covcity4life

i would say we have been pretty consistent in terms of form

it tends to be WLDDLWWDDLL etc

where we win 2 in a row its league 2 on tour
where we lose 2 in a row its sisu out nopm
and draws make us speculate about january

we are used to getting worse after xmass but if for once we get better we can have hope of top 3 or top 7 for sure

oucho

Key points are
Form:

This is the key - if the PPG of the last 11 game is sustained (a big IF), then the 1.18 PPG over 36 games added to the initial 19 from 10, means a total of 61 points over the season. Last season, that would have been good enough for 15th place in the final league table.

steve82

This is the key - if the PPG of the last 11 game is sustained (a big IF), then the 1.18 PPG over 36 games added to the initial 19 from 10, means a total of 61 points over the season. Last season, that would have been good enough for 15th place in the final league table.

Our last 2 months points return has been very poor for a side with ambitions of the play offs as a minimum. It's relegation form.

This weekends game is really a must win or we could find ourselves down in 12th.

There will be a major meltdown of fans then!!

oucho

Our last 2 months points return has been very poor for a side with ambitions of the play offs as a minimum. It's relegation form.

This weekends game is really a must win or we could find ourselves down in 12th.

There will be a major meltdown of fans then!!
Don't panic Mr Mainwairing. Going on a bad run isn't a sackable offence. We're 7th, chill out!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Key points are
Form:

Wins:
1st 10 games - 6/10 wins
Last 11 games - 3/11 wins.
3 wins in 11 games is bottom half form , close to relegation zone. Unacceptable.
Home form:
1st 5 - WLWWW 12pts/15pts
Last 5 - WLDLD 5pts/15pts

Away form:
1st 5 - WLDLW 7pts/15pts
Last 6 - DLWWDL 8pts/18pts

Clean sheets:
1st 10 games - 6/10 clean sheets
Last 11 games - 4/11 clean sheets

Games scored in:
1st 10 games - 7/10 games.
Last 11 games - 5/11 games

Worst no goal spell:
1st 10 games - No goals in 309 minutes (5hrs 9mins)
Last 11 games - No goals in 458 minutes (7hrs 38mins)

Goals scored:
1st 10 games 13 goals....
by..... JJ 4, Nazon 3, McNulty 1, Grimmer 1, Vincenti 1, Doyle 1, DeKE 1, O.G 1,

Last 11 games 8 goals .....
by......Nazon 3, McNulty 3, Shipley 1, JJ 1.

Total of 21 league goals....
Nazon 6, JJ 5, McNulty 4, Shipley 1, Grimmer 1, Vincenti 1, Doyle 1, DeKE 1, O.G 1,

*10 pts from 30 taken.
*6 of the last 11 games we've failed to score
*in the play offs by the skin of our teeth still.
. Not far off relegation form recently.

steve82

Don't panic Mr Mainwairing. Going on a bad run isn't a sackable offence. We're 7th, chill out!

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating his sacking. He's still the right person at this minute in time and needs more than a window to change our fortunes.

I just cannot help but think he's nailing his own coffin given what he's said previously about us being the best side in the league yet these key stats are gonna bite hard soon if the trend continues.
*10 pts from 30 taken.
*6 of the last 11 games failed to score in.
*We're joint 5th bottom for league goals scored.

This is where he's got to prove his credentials as a manager in the coming weeks and arrest this slump.

Our best stats our defence which is still miles better than the rest but that's starting to slip now too.

Points win prizes here.

steve82

I think too much is being made of the we're 7th too, yes we are but just.... We could be 12th Saturday and quickly fall lower with Wycombe and Port Vale to follow.

Then when the dolls start getting thrown around by many

Londonccfcfan

Can’t argue with your facts and figures, highlights how bad the recent form has been. I know your talking about the league only. But we have had a couple of good home wins in the FA Cup scoring five and conceding none.

Without these two good fa cup results in between the league form, Mr Robins would really be treading on thin ice.

Another anomaly regarding the first 10 and last 10 is that arguably our two best results of the season have occurred in the last 10, Luton and Lincoln away. Strange.

shmmeee

We need to replace what we lost when Andreu and Jones got injured. If we do that I’m sure, even with the same strikeforce and losing Willis, we’d rally in the second half of the season.

That’s a lot riding on a couple of newbies that are available in Jan though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

by same token we could be bang in the race for autos with 2 wins in next 2 games

Exactly. The hysteria at the moment is ridiculous.

If someone said at the end of last season we'd be in the playoffs at Christmas, I think nearly everyone would have been happy with that.

A few new additions in January and we can bomb on under Robins in phase two of this season I've no doubt.

steve82

Exactly. The hysteria at the moment is ridiculous.

If someone said at the end of last season we'd be in the playoffs at Christmas, I think nearly everyone would have been happy with that.

A few new additions in January and we can bomb on under Robins in phase two of this season I've no doubt.

I'd not call it hysteria on this particular thread, it's a concern tho.

I for one would of and will be happy with a play offs spot however we're in very close danger of slipping to our lowest point this season at Christmas as we don't appear to be ticking along smoothly as the last 10 games suggest as we find it difficult to beat teams at home and away occasionally.

The hysteria you mentioned will come Saturday at 5pm should another unthinkable result unfold before the 6,000 that will attend.

I hope I'm wrong and we get that valuable three points and we limp along till January when reinforcements arrive and slot in seamlessly to kick on the second half of the season.

Skyblueweeman

Just on one point that’s been made by someone...that we’ve been ‘figured out’. I get that but it’s something that’s been levelled at us before. In every match, there’s two teams...how come we never ‘figure out’ the opposition?

Can it always be down to the manager?

I’ve always found it quite a strange saying...it’s like we’re the only team that ever gets figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davebart

It looks like you depressed yourself doing those stats and now you're trying to be positive.

The main point is that we were struggling to score goals and then Jones got injured. It is as simple as that.

I don't know if there are equivalent players out there to be had on loan. But certainly the more successful teams hoard all the players so the only way to get them is through the loan system.

Hobo

Last 11 games too many draws rather than a spike in defeats.

Esoterica

I really hope any loan business we do is done early in January. He's got what should be 5 very winnable games in a short space of time til New Years Day. After that we have what I think will be a season defining run where we play the entire top 10 (excl. Notts County) + FGR who already beat us once.

fixtures.png

With Kelly and Jones out, I'm doubtful we'll be able to maintain our form against the top teams with the style we've been playing - they were vital to breaking up the play and counter attacking quickly and directly, so we absolutely need to find a formula that works with the personnel we have and then add some width early in January.

Users who are viewing this thread