Men Vs Boys from start to end
Difficult to come to terms with
players know how he feels
On that showing don't deserve to be anywhere near the top of the league
It was poor
No fight
No nohow
Very difficult to take
They made changes and outfought, their number 9 had the best game of his life.
Never worked them out
First goal without doubt was offside but isn't an excuse for the game
Nazon wasn't injured, he just wasn't giving us anything
Had to do something to try and stem their attacks
They are a side that struggled to score, but found it too easy against us
No evidence of fight or battle
Way off them, didn't get in their faces
Weren't working hard in any positions from up front to the back
They found it way too easy
The overall game today was nowhere near our level
No way reflective of a team of his
Looked bereft of confidence
It's embarrassing, fan have worked hard to get themselves up there in that weather
It hurts that people play good money and the team hasn't got near Morecambe.
It's the first and last time it's going to happen, it's unforgivable.
He knows exactly what it is that went wrong, he has to look at the midfield to get them to gel and work together
Without Kelly it's difficult
He is going to have to do something in January, we can't lose ground.

fatso

Robbins just can’t motivate, or organise a team, and his misplaced loyalty to misfiring strikers is going to cost us promotion. We’ve been lacking a cutting edge since pre-season. When will he learn.

junglej13

Wasnt there today but listened on the radio up to the 2ng goals. Nazon wasnt offering anything???? Other than being our only goal threat. Absolutely unbelievable. Can see Robins coming under real scrutiny the next few games.

stupot07

Think everyone has said that haven't they? Surely cannot blame Robins for benching him.
I said at half time he had been anonymous, where everyone else were poor. Its disappointing as you look at him as top scorer and being a creative spark so when he's not on it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm surprised pusb has rated him higher than McNulty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Think everyone has said that haven't they? Surely cannot blame Robins for benching him.

I can. Haven't we still not scored from open play without the duck or Jones contributing? No shock to see we didn't score with neither on the pitch. Taking him off for a midfielder did us no favours

Captain Dart

Wasnt there today but listened on the radio up to the 2ng goals. Nazon wasnt offering anything???? Other than being our only goal threat. Absolutely unbelievable. Can see Robins coming under real scrutiny the next few games.
Don't think Nazon is fit enough to start, seems good when he comes on late.

Otis

If he’s offering nothing he will always be more likely to create a chance or score than biamou who will huff and puff and do nothing.
You can't have someone not trying out there though surely can you?

stevefloyd

Biamou is slightly better than Beavon offering a little more except the one that matters most.... goals
Robins is stuck with what we have in the short term let's hope his misplaced loyalty isn't stubborn and if he can move certain players on come January the 2nd wave that comes is of a more consistent quality. Any of Beavon Vincenti Biamou Mcnulty Stevenson Dev KE can go for me that should free up some wages

Nick

Administrator
That's where the manager comes into it.

You list all the players and you write down all of their strengths and weaknesses and you then try to find a system to suit it. You look at the opposition and you then look at their players strengths and weaknesses and try and exploit them.

You aren't going to be able to shift players we have just given 2 year contracts to with a click of the fingers.

Otis

If you want any crumb of positivity, we have only won 2 in 10 matches, but still inexplicably we are in the play off positions and still only 5 points off the automatic places.

If we can just get that good run we are going to be flying and it's only 3 weeks until the transfer window.

You just wait until we get Bob Messi and Alan Ronaldo and Geoffrey Neymar in.

johnwillomagic

I don't know where I stand on Duck decision today if someone is not putting the effort in then they do deserve to get hooked.....it was just with our injuries and bench today I think personally would have kept him on as he has something about him and is one of very few goal threats currently even if he is having a stinker

Brighton Sky Blue

If you want any crumb of positivity, we have only won 2 in 10 matches, but still inexplicably we are in the play off positions and still only 5 points off the automatic places.

If we can just get that good run we are going to be flying and it's only 3 weeks until the transfer window.

Shows what a garbage division this is. So many easy points pissed up the wall but we are still in with a shout.

larry_david

Yep. Inevitably when we miss out we'll look back on this season as a massive opportunity wasted because, make no mistake, every team in this league is shite and the fact we're still in the play off with our run of form shows as much

Sky Blue Harry H

Frustrating - this is where you want the next game asap, to forget about this one. What would be really great is if there were a massive freeze, with games called off until we can get Kelly back and make some new signings!

Otis

Frustrating - this is where you want the next game asap, to forget about this one. What would be really great is if there were a massive freeze, with games called off until we can get Kelly back and make some new signings!
Yep. A few games all called off until the beginning of February would be nice.

Mucca Mad Boys

Typical performance from us this year. Clearly haven’t learnt how to play against the lower teams in this division. Another struggling team have beat us... again. Some sort of personnel or tactical change is clearly needed in this type of fixture. The sense of deja vu is so frustrating.

Great_Expectations

Finding it really difficult to be positive re MR at the minute.

He always says the right things, but never seems to do anything about it.

For example the comment about us being too deep - whys that a surprise? Course we are, that’s how you’ve set the team up to play in every game this season.

Nick

Administrator
The too deep thing baffles me, the same as playing 2 defensive midfielders against Forest Green Rovers who have 10 men behind the ball at 1-0 down or not thinking about pushing on a bit when Colchester get a man sent off.

Great_Expectations

The too deep thing baffles me, the same as playing 2 defensive midfielders against Forest Green Rovers who have 10 men behind the ball at 1-0 down or not thinking about pushing on a bit when Colchester get a man sent off.

I hate to say it, but it’s Mowbray esq, he’s being stubborn to the detriment of our performances and now also results.

clint van damme

I don't know where I stand on Duck decision today if someone is not putting the effort in then they do deserve to get hooked.....it was just with our injuries and bench today I think personally would have kept him on as he has something about him and is one of very few goal threats currently even if he is having a stinker

hook a duck!

oucho

I agree with this. We've had a poor run yes but it isn't the end of the world at all. We're still in contention and if we can pull together a solud string of results it'll help cement our play off place and keep us in the hunt for automatic.

oucho

Horrendous
Men Vs Boys from start to end
Difficult to come to terms with
players know how he feels
On that showing don't deserve to be anywhere near the top of the league
It was poor
No fight
No nohow
Very difficult to take
They made changes and outfought, their number 9 had the best game of his life.
Never worked them out
First goal without doubt was offside but isn't an excuse for the game
Nazon wasn't injured, he just wasn't giving us anything
Had to do something to try and stem their attacks
They are a side that struggled to score, but found it too easy against us
No evidence of fight or battle
Way off them, didn't get in their faces
Weren't working hard in any positions from up front to the back
They found it way too easy
The overall game today was nowhere near our level
No way reflective of a team of his
Looked bereft of confidence
It's embarrassing, fan have worked hard to get themselves up there in that weather
It hurts that people play good money and the team hasn't got near Morecambe.
It's the first and last time it's going to happen, it's unforgivable.
He knows exactly what it is that went wrong, he has to look at the midfield to get them to gel and work together
Without Kelly it's difficult
He is going to have to do something in January, we can't lose ground.

Flippin' 'eck Mark, tell us what you really think

Irish Sky Blue

Two year deals were a positive in the summer but are now a negative. Any transfer is always a gamble. Grimmer,
McDonald, Hyman, Davis, Doyle, Kelly and Nazon, almost everyone would say have been a success. The jury is out on Biamou, Mc Nulty ( aitnough some would disagree. To my mind both have a value). Perhaps only Vincenti and Beavon have failed completely (although even they have had some good games). Andreu didn’t have a chance to prove his worth and Robin’s has been desperately unlucky to lose both him and Jones for the season.That is a good rate of success with signings and means that next season for the first in a long time we will have the basis of a team. It is the players that he didn’t sign that I feel that are costing us. We definitely needed another winger, probably another creative midfielder ( a role he nearly covered with Baker) and an experienced target man/ goal scorer. The problem is not the two year contracts, it is a lack of creative attacking players, an issue that Robins will surely try to address in January.

fatso

I agree with this. We've had a poor run yes but it isn't the end of the world at all. We're still in contention and if we can pull together a solud string of results it'll help cement our play off place and keep us in the hunt for automatic.
We’ve been saying this since we dropped out of the premier league, so let’s be honest for a minute, and stop kidding ourselves, the fact is, we haven’t had a top six finish for over 50 years, in any league. And we’ve never looked like finishing in the play off positions, in any league, despite often having good pre-Christmas form.
So what makes you think that a clueless manager who continues to show faith in hopeless attacking players like Beavon, Biamou, Mcnulty, and Vincenti, and is consistently out thought tactically is going to reverse our annual Christmas slump down the league, let alone somehow, miraculously get us promoted?
We’ve only maintained a lofty position due to our defensive capeability, but without the speed on the break of Jones, teams will be more comfortable committing players forward, so I’d expect to see us shipping more goals from now on. So the reality is more like mid table mediocrity come the end of the season, rather than promotion.

oucho

We’ve been saying this since we dropped out of the premier league, so let’s be honest for a minute, and stop kidding ourselves, the fact is, we haven’t had a top six finish for over 50 years, in any league. And we’ve never looked like finishing in the play off positions, in any league, despite often having good pre-Christmas form.
So what makes you think that a clueless manager who continues to show faith in hopeless attacking players like Beavon, Biamou, Mcnulty, and Vincenti, and is consistently out thought tactically is going to reverse our annual Christmas slump down the league, let alone somehow, miraculously get us promoted?
We’ve only maintained a lofty position due to our defensive capeability, but without the speed on the break of Jones, teams will be more comfortable committing players forward, so I’d expect to see us shipping more goals from now on. So the reality is more like mid table mediocrity come the end of the season, rather than promotion.

Even if that pessimistic scenario is proven right MR shouldn't be sacked.

Captain Dart

We were DOOMED the day SISU walked in the door .
giphy.gif

It's the 10th anniversary of them taking over on Thursday, are they doing anything to mark their achievements? :bag:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Coventry City | Coventry saved by late takeover

Users who are viewing this thread