Rooney £300k per week: You really couldn't make it up (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Absolute joke!

Wayne Rooney is now on £300,000 a week! Scandalous amount! It's no wonder smaller clubs go under! Even with promotion to the higher leagues most of them could never afford these sort of wages. Bloody TV companies! FUMING!!! :mad: No man is worth this sort of money! He isn't even a very good player!

RFC

Wayne Rooney is now on £300,000 a week! Scandalous amount! It's no wonder smaller clubs go under! Even with promotion to the higher leagues most of them could never afford these sort of wages. Bloody TV companies! FUMING!!! :mad: No man is worth this sort of money! He isn't even a very good player!

Totally agree along with Steve Carpo, no wonder I' m falling out of love with the game I once loved. PUSB!

bringbackrattles

Totally agree it's disgraceful and obscene.People are having to go to foodbanks to get food,people losing their homes because they can't afford the rent.I love football but I can see why those who don't get angry at the money that footballers get,and reading about Rooney getting his new weekly wage makes me think has the world gone mad ?

Rooney has just signed a new four year contract on almost £300K per week. An incredible wage for a pretty mediocre footballer who is hardly even a good role model. Do you find this offensive to the ordinary football fan?

Voice_of_Reason

Yes I do - it's obscene. I am slowly falling out of love with professional football and all the shit that goes with it nowadays. Bring back Coventry Amateurs -- remember them ? Bye bye football, I'm thinking of packing my bags.

mighty quinn

Rooney has just signed a new four year contract on almost £300K per week. An incredible wage for a pretty mediocre footballer who is hardly even a good role model. Do you find this offensive to the ordinary football fan?
I do find it offensive. £14.4 million per year .average player .and football.. Is in shocking debt.can't and won't carry on like that. The trouble is everyone is better off apart from the fan who has to pay more to watch their club

Bagsy

Apparently it was the manager that convinced him to stay LOL!! Fair play to him if he can get it, more the fool on Man United for paying him that amount.

Johnnythespider

It's no wonder his Mrs sticks around, football will disappear up it's own rectum at this rate, I don't think he's worth even a tenth of this.

cloughie

£300,000 a week is obscene and disgusting, yet some will defend it

The system rules not the people.

Changeyourface

And aslong as people keep paying the criminal tickets prices, buying all the rip off merchandise and paying their Sky Sports subscriptions it'll continue.

JulianDarbyFTW

The problem starts when teams spend beyond their means, as we did in the Richardson era, banking on success and all the trappings that come with it. At some point the bubble will burst. I know a lot of people who used to love football - fans of teams like West Brom, Wolves, Birmingham - but they have now grown disinterested. As one season-ticket holder at the Albion said to me, 'what's the point of WBA being in the Premier league? The best they can hope for is 11th place. I'd rather we were relegated so we can at least challenge for promotion and have excitement again'. And he's right. They'll never win the PL. Nor will teams like Villa or Wolves or The Blues. Football is a pointless exercise when the best you can hope for is being the 11th best team in the country, unless you are fortunate enough to be bankrolled by a Sheikh or an oil billionaire. When the hardcore lose interest, so will the TV companies, so will the Sheikhs and the billionaires. until *POP* - football dies.

Why is there not more of a wholesale public/media outcry of this unbelievable remuneration package amazes me - we seem to have sleepwalked to this ludicrous situation where we pay a reasonable Prem League player 100 x the Prime Ministers salary.

It surely defies logic when comparing our boys in blue paltry sum of £3K per week, oops hang on even that is on a par with the PM - I'd better shut up !!

sweeno70

its 300k a week after tax ! that's why those in power will not call for a wage cap,they are making a mint in tax payments from this !!!

Leamington Pete

It's the greed of the player that makes me angry. When you're already on 250k a week and you ask for MORE!! How can he possibly need any more money?

PIPSQUEEK

Could not agree with you more .
12 years of my wages a week

All 92 league clubs should get together and say enough is anough and set a wage cap on what ever league you are in,

The normal working man can not afford to take their family to watch football anymore

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I agree with a wage cap for players. £150,000 a YEAR for Prem players, £100,000 for Championship, etc.... Make these Pima Donna footballers realise that it is THEMSELVES who are killing this great game of ours. I know it was Jimmy Hill who instigated the need for the abolition of the "maximum wage" in football, but over the decades it has gone bloody silly! As someone quite rightly stated earlier, the leaders of the world are only on a fraction of this!

WillieStanley

I agree with a wage cap for players. £150,000 a YEAR for Prem players, £100,000 for Championship, etc.... Make these Pima Donna footballers realise that it is THEMSELVES who are killing this great game of ours. I know it was Jimmy Hill who instigated the need for the abolition of the "maximum wage" in football, but over the decades it has gone bloody silly! As someone quite rightly stated earlier, the leaders of the world are only on a fraction of this!

Jimmy's was a vision of fairness, not greed. Who on earth could have predicted this kind of nonsense. It was ridiculous in the 90's - this is more of an abomination!!

Houdi

Is he worth it ,almost certainly not. Does he need the extra money, of course not. However this is a private deal between an employee, and a private company. If Man Utd are 'daft' enough to pay 1 player that much money, then that's their problem. No one has put a gun to their head and forced them to accede to his demands. The NFL pays its top stars multi millions, its just the way the markets work.
When we paid £6 million for Robbie Keane, fans didn't complain about us paying probably a whole season's gate money on just 1 player, who could have broken his leg one week later.

ajsccfc

The reports seem to say he'll earn 'up to' £300k p/w. I get up to £300k a week too, he ain't so special.

Esoterica

It's a ridiculously obscene amount of money. I think their logic is by paying him another 100k a week it's 5.2 million extra for a year and is better than the risk of selling arguably their best player for 30 - 40 mill and having to buy a replacement for 25 to 30 mill + his signing on fee + wages.

FRY-CCFC

It's basic economics as to why footballers are paid so much. You people are all idiots and too old to be on the internet.

CraigCCFC

not anybody can join the army but by youre response I assume you believe 300k a week is a reasonable and justified wage

Users who are viewing this thread