Rovers sack Allardyce (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

allardyce_2540888.jpg
Venky's take decision as part of 'wider plans' at Ewood Park
Blackburn Rovers have announced that Sam Allardyce has been sacked as part of the 'wider plans' of the club's new owners.
The former Ewood Park manager has departed the 13th-placed Premier League side along with assistant Neil McDonald, and first-team coach Steve Kean has filled the void for the 'immediate future'.
There had been rumours about Allardyce's position after The Venky's Group, Blackburn's owners, recently completed a takeover of the Premier League club.
It was reported that the ex-Bolton and Newcastle boss was unhappy that large sums of money would not be made available for transfers in January.
A statement on Blackburn's official website read: "The Venky's Group, owners of Blackburn RoversFootball Club, has today confirmed the departure of manager Sam Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald with immediate effect.
"First-team coaching duties will be taken on by Steve Kean (currently first-team coach) for the immediate future.
"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club.
"We would like to put on record our thanks to Mr Allardyce for his contribution to Blackburn Rovers Football Club."

covladzak

I like Big Sam.... Kinda makes you wonder what goes through the owners head, that they know football tatics better then the managers..:eek:

StatoTK

Silly season really is upon us. First Hughton and now Big Sam. Two guys that were doing fantastic jobs at their respective clubs. Whats next? Fergie and Wenger for the chop? I personally think that bringing in a rule for new owners would be appropriate, where no new owners are allowed to sack the existing manager until the end of the season in which they buy the club (unless the takeover happens in the middle of summer)

Coventry La La La

Sam-Allardyce-December-2010-pa_2540894.jpg

Big Sam shocked by Rovers sack
Sam Allardyce has expressed his shock at being sacked as manager of Blackburn.
Rovers were taken over by The Venky's Group in November and the new owners confirmed on Monday that Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald would be leaving the club with immediate effect.
Although Rovers lost 2-1 at Bolton on Sunday, they sit 13th in the Premier League so the news has come as a surprise to many, not least Allardyce.
"I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn Rovers, " he said in a statement on the League Managers' Association official website.

Extremely proud

"I am extremely proud to have managed this club and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, my staff and the supporters during my time in charge.
"I now wish them and the football club every success for the future."
Allardyce was appointed in December 2008 and led Blackburn from the relegation zone to a 15th-placed finish before coming 10th in his first full season in charge.
The former Bolton boss, now 56, was touted as a potential successor to England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2006 before being given the Newcastle job in May 2007.
Mike Ashley took over the Magpies just a month later and Allardyce was forced to leave the club by mutual consent in January 2008.
"When new owners take over a club, sadly, the manager's position often hangs by a thread," added Richard Bevan, chief executive of the LMA.
"To Sam's great misfortune this has now happened twice and, on both occasions, it has been extremely difficult to understand the thinking behind the dismissal.

England link

"It is ironic that one minute Sam can be proposed as the next England manager and the next, he finds himself out of work.
"He is widely acknowledged within the game as one of the most progressive and forward thinking managers, embracing new concepts and technologies to create an environment which leads to success for his club.
"It will not be long before Sam, with his exceptional management experience, is back in a managerial post."

BenInTurin

Facebook User
what I was going to say, it's silly season when the directors have been drinking too much sherry and mince pies!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
madness these non football owners coming in havent a clue, sam is the kind of manager give him some money and time he will get mid table team fighting for a uefa cup place in the league.

Nelson

Banned
Good riddance to the fat dinosaur! If he put as much effort into football tactics as is he does ‘chewing his gum’ he’d be top of the league. He looks like, sound like and manages his teams like a Pie Salesman and as for managing England, Barcelona or Real Madrid… (Falls off of my chair and rolls around the floor in fits of laughter).
Just go back to what ever cave you emerged from Fat Sam and take your ‘hoof it up the field and hope for the best’ mentality with you and spare yourself the indigently of being refused any more managerial jobs…

PS, I’ll have a chicken and mushroom…

Coventry La La La

Ferguson stunned as Blackburn sack boss Sam Allardyce

_50415111_466fergiesam.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson has described the sacking of Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce as "absolutely ridiculous".
Speaking after his team's 1-0 win over Arsenal which put them top of the Premier League, the Manchester United boss spoke up in defence of Allardyce.
"I've never heard of such a stupid decision in all my life," said Ferguson, a close friend of Allardyce.
"I don't know what they're doing up there, but deary me. It confounds common sense. Absolutely ridiculous."

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
All the more reason I am happy with Ranson at the top for us because he's played football, he comes from football and he knows football. Foreign businessmen scare me to be honest when you look at Pompey and the situation Notts County were in last season. Shame for big Sam, he was doing a decent job and I think the B'burn fans liked him but this is the nature of the game right now.

Nelson

Banned
fergie_sam.jpg

Thanks Fat Sam but I think your brand of chewing gum won't fit in my gob...

Last edited:

Coventry La La La

Blackburn in no rush to appoint new manager

_50418680_venkys466x282.jpg

Blackburn say "it could be a couple of months" before they appoint a manager to replace Sam Allardyce. Allardyce was sacked by the club on Monday and Steve Kean was placed in temporary charge of the first team.
Anuradha Desai, chairwoman of the club's Venky Group owners: "It could now be a couple of months before a new manager is put in place.
"Right now we are going to have a study and put a lot of thought into who the next manager will be."
Speaking to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, Desai added: "We don't want to make a hasty decision and we are in a good position to take our time because Steve is quite capable."
Blackburn became the first Indian-owned Premier League club when they were taken over by the Rao family, who own the Venky's group, in a £43m deal in November.
There decision to part company with Allardyce came as a shock with the club 13th in the Premier League following a defeat by Bolton on Sunday.
But, even though a difference of opinion in the way forward for the Ewood Park outfit appears to have sealed Allardyce's exit, Desai has asked Rovers fans to trust the new owners.
"We do not mean anything bad for Sam Allardyce but we feel that we need to take the club up in the league and grow," she added.
"We want Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better. It is not about the Bolton match. It has been a long time in our minds.
"It is nothing against Sam but we have a different vision looking forward and we want the club to grow.
"We had been talking to Sam for the past few weeks and he did not fit in with our vision for the club's future.
"We wanted good football, wanted the games to be interesting and, of course, wanted to win and to have good players.
"We needed to make some changes and Sam going is of course the main change. This is a major step - but we thought 'why delay?'.
"The fans should trust us and have belief because this is in the best interests of the club."

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
She obviously thinks she has bought Barcelona!

"We wanted good football, wanted the games to be interesting and, of course, wanted to win and to have good players."

With that criteria I think Tony Mowbray would have been ideal for that job. Gus Poyet might be a good shout.

Coventry La La La

Redknapp blasts Blackburn

Harry-Redknapp-Sam-Allardyce_2541212.jpg
Tottenham manager angered by decision to axe Allardyce
Harry Redknapp is predicting a difficult period ahead for Blackburn after they sacked Sam Allardyce.
The Tottenham manager was stunned to see his counterpart axed with his club cocooned in the safety of 13th place.
Blackburn were taken over by Indian owners Venky's a month ago and they have wasted little time in exerting their power over the Lancashire club.
Redknapp, though, believes whoever they get to replace Allardyce will be in for a difficult task.
"He's top class at his job, I really mean that," he said.

Maradona

"People who don't know him see this big northern ex-centre-half who they think is a big hammer thrower, well he's the brightest guy you could ever wish to meet.
"He is so far in advance in all the sports science and technology and preparing his teams, he is just amazing. I know him well and he has so much to offer. He will bounce back."
The Tottenham manager added: "When new owners come in they've all got mates or have heard of someone who is good.... they haven't got a clue really.
"I see Maradona's name being mentioned... If they make the wrong decision I can see Blackburn being bang in trouble this year.
"He (Allardyce) is going to be a very difficult act to follow."
Steve Kean has been promoted from the role of coach to caretaker manager by the new owners as the search for a new boss commences.

Together

Tony Parkes - who held the role of caretaker manager six times at Blackburn - believes Kean faces an arduous task to win over the players, following the manner of Allardyce's exit.
"It's a tricky role," he said.
"When I took over you had to make sure you got the players together and everybody started with a clean slate.
"If you win them over you have got every chance of getting good results early. You might then just give the owners hope of getting the manager they want.
"If you lose games quickly there might be a panic job, maybe getting a new manager in within days and all of a sudden he may not be the right one that you want."

Nelson

Banned
maravenk.jpg
Maradona spotted at Ewood Park!

Users who are viewing this thread