Sales and players not leaving (1 Viewer)

andy_scates

Stephen Elliott I'm sad to see go, performance vs Birmingham and MK Dons amongst others were superb, and Richard Wood has been fantastic over the years, so I'm sad to see those 2 go, but I don't understand the massive hate of David Bell? When he wasn't injured he has always been a big threat going forward, whether its his long range shooting or his crossing, easy to judge a book!
I for one do want McSheffrey to leave, growing up as a kid he was the player to look up to always scoring goals and having massive passion, but since relegation he has lost all of that, in the championship he was a decent goalscorer, was anticipated to do even better in this league but seems to have forgot how to play the game. Wouldn't mind seeing Chris '3 in 45mins' Dunn leave either, everyone barked about giving him a chance, he got it, and fluffed it big time. Bailey has been useless since he returned from Derby for his second loan, Ball again not very useful and well Jordan Stewart, good riddance. Can't particularly think of any players I'd like to see coming in, just hopefully someone with half a nack at goal getting or creating!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The thing with Bell it always if he can keep fit

Can we afford to keep one of the highest paid players at the club when he is only averaging 20 appearance a season over the last 4 years.

Nick

Administrator
Bell had some decent shots at the weekend! If he could stay fit he would do well!

shy_tall_knight

Wood has been committed but hardly fantastic. Our defence has been a shambles recently and he has been a regular in that. Although good in the air and was a genuine threat from set pieces he was very slow and not very good at passing, would have liked to have kept him but there is better value elsewhere.

Elliot - liked him liked his attitude but the fear must be that he may be a crock and we will be running with all small squad.

Sheffers - gutted that he has an extra year, hopefully he has been playing with a minor injury that will heal by the start of next season as he was awful this season, waste of a salary.

The biggest threat to a defence David Bell is, is to Cov's as he is poor at tracking back, football is a game of opinions and Bell has rarely delivered in over 4 seasons, Dicky Wood has scored more goals for Cov than Bell has. Some fans just love him and I can't wait to see him leave and have a wide player with pace.

CCFCSteve

Wood will always give 100% but prone to errors and didnt come cheap. Letting him go was the only sensible decision to make.

andy_scates

The thing with Bell it always if he can keep fit

Can we afford to keep one of the highest paid players at the club when he is only averaging 20 appearance a season over the last 4 years.

If you reckon we've had Bell for 4 years surely his contract must be up? Can't remember us every signing anyone for more than 3 years to be honest unless he signed an extension

Otis

Wood has been committed but hardly fantastic. Our defence has been a shambles recently and he has been a regular in that. Although good in the air and was a genuine threat from set pieces he was very slow and not very good at passing, would have liked to have kept him but there is better value elsewhere.

Elliot - liked him liked his attitude but the fear must be that he may be a crock and we will be running with all small squad.

Sheffers - gutted that he has an extra year, hopefully he has been playing with a minor injury that will heal by the start of next season as he was awful this season, waste of a salary.

The biggest threat to a defence David Bell is, is to Cov's as he is poor at tracking back, football is a game of opinions and Bell has rarely delivered in over 4 seasons, Dicky Wood has scored more goals for Cov than Bell has. Some fans just love him and I can't wait to see him leave and have a wide player with pace.

Yep agree about Wood. 'Fantastic' I feel is massively over exaggerated.

He is always prone to errors, sometimes dives in needlessly and gives away penalties and is far too slow.

Bell has had more chances than any player could ever wish for. We have to get rid.

Over 4 years now and he can never stay fit for any length of time. Even more crucially, with the squad being cut down to 24 players we can hardly afford to have someone sitting in the treatment room more often than not.

If we could afford to retain a big squad then maybe there is a case to be hard for keeping him, but with a small squad we need players who can stay fit.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If you reckon we've had Bell for 4 years surely his contract must be up? Can't remember us every signing anyone for more than 3 years to be honest unless he signed an extension

He signed a long term extension the same time as McPake did, which was much criticised by most (myself included).

However in his last few cameo appearances, and Saturdays 90 minutes, I'm certain he will be an asset for us!

Nick

Administrator
He signed a long term extension the same time as McPake did, which was much criticised by most (myself included).

However in his last few cameo appearances, and Saturdays 90 minutes, I'm certain he will be an asset for us!

Maybe a small salary and appearance bonus?

andy_scates

If we don't offer Baker an extension when the embargo is lifted, he's a gonner, all of players of the year move on. Westwood, King, Keogh and so on

wingy

How can club get rid of contracted players ,without paying them off which would cost thousands ? :thinking about:

Keep the Club in Admin/Embargo fail to pay wages on time or at all,involve the players union etc ,there are ways of making things uncomfortable.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He signed a new contract last season, we signed Bell in January 2009 and it is now approaching summer 2013.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bell had some decent shots at the weekend! If he could stay fit he would do well!

He got CT MOM for Saturday. Given that he was probably our best player the week before, that's two appearances-both out of position, and miles off full match fitness-and two games where he's been our best player. When I said the other day that if fit, he'll probably be worth his wages, I wasn't kidding!

Nobody who is out of contract will be re-signed.

Might just be me, but is that hidden agenda for we would not keep any of the players if we had a choice? or even We are under an embargo and will remain under an embargo till after the season has started so cannot re-sign or indeed sign anyone?

Grendel

Nobody who is out of contract will be re-signed.

Might just be me, but is that hidden agenda for we would not keep any of the players if we had a choice? or even We are under an embargo and will remain under an embargo till after the season has started so cannot re-sign or indeed sign anyone?

You can resign players if under an embargo.

Nonleagueherewecome

You can resign players if under an embargo.

Pretty sure that you can't? For example Wilson is out of contract but all we can do is come to a "gentleman's agreement" with him, not actually re-sign him.

johnwillomagic

When Donganzales was saying we needed a 35-40 man squad at the start of last season I disagreed and said we needed 22 players plus academy players given financial and league position. I now think that my 22 players may be optimistic it may be something like 18 plus academy & loans tbh.

Anyhow based on who is still under contract think we have.

Goalies: Murphy, Dunn & Burge- Keep as is unless we lose Murphy in which case think we need a replacement with more experience than Dunn & Burge
Right Back: Jordan Clarke, Cyrus Christie - OK there.
Left Back: Blair Adams, academy guy who played v Brentford - Would like a more experienced left back to push Blair but may have to settle for this
Centre Backs: Edge, Malaga, Willis - Quite weak unless Edge up his game & Malaga gets chance and is better, Willis may come into his own as well - one moere signing ideally?
Midfielders: Bell, Baker, Thomas, Fleck, Jennings + Academy? Again two signings needed ideally.
Strikers: McDonald, McSheffrey, Clarke, Wilson, Jeffers. - Cannot believe Jeffers is still under contract :facepalm:. On face value if we play 4-4-2 this is enough!! Admittedly sheffers up top is debatable but I think Clarke & him would do ok at league 1 - he really is on last chance saloon.

Do not see many new players coming in but ideally would like - 2 centre back, a centre mid, a left back and a striker via free transfers/loans.
Think that squad is mid-table league 1 to be honest but with FFP and our resouces currently we may have to settle for this.

If Clarke stays and Sheff and Bell up their game we may make play offs.....a big if though.....lots could happen in next few months anyhow.

psgm1

Banned
Pretty sure that you can't? For example Wilson is out of contract but all we can do is come to a "gentleman's agreement" with him, not actually re-sign him.

Transfer embargos are for bringing people in - not for going out. Can re-sign if they already registered to the club but Martin can't as he is registered to southampton.

Tonylinc

but Martin can't as he is registered to southampton. Better tell that to SP as he seems to think that he can.

rupert_bear

under an embargo you can't sign anybody or offer existing players new contracts, you can't loan players in either. Why have sisu still not submitted these accounts ?

Users who are viewing this thread