SBT Championship Texaco League Competition? (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Hi guys, as per a previous post on here, the Texaco Championship Football Fantasy game is back up for another season. Also as per the previous post you can join in on that league but how about a private league for Sky Blues Talk users? I will set up a private league for us to use if anyone is interested, see who really knows the best players in this division :p

It's free to play, all you have to do is pick a team using Championship players and a budget of £10mill and the players pick up points depending on how they do in games, eg strikers get points for scoring goals, goalkeepers get points for clean sheets etc etc. Then in a private league I will set up for Sky Blue Talk users, we will see who gets the most points at the end of the season... You also get to swap players around if they get injured or are just playing crap. You can win various football prizes for playing, I won some free CCFC tickets last season (if you can call that a prize!)

You can register here http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk/

Reply to this post if your interested and I will set it up ;)

Nick

Administrator
I am up for it :) I will be doing a Premier League one with my mates too, with the Championship I have half of the City teamanyway!

Jimthor

I've already got a team on this site so would be up for a league. None of my mates are on it at present either - my only private league is a random CCFC one i found on facebook ha

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
OK thanks for the replies guys.. I will set it up this week, got an e-mail saying you can win £15,000 for your chosen club and £1000 for yourself for playing... Not sure how you win but worth a look at! Like I said I won free tickets last season so there are some good little prizes on there, not to mention being the best manager of Sky Blues Talk! Hopefully will get some more replies on this, would be good to get pretty much everyone on here to join in.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Ok guys I've set a league up for us!

It's The Sky Blues Talk Championship

Pin: 4535

Everyone comes on here thinking they know best, so let's see who knows the most about Championship players - sign up and make your team!

May the best manager win ;)

PS if you want to play in CCFC's official Fantasy League with McSheffrey, feel free to do so you can play in both leagues ;)

bishbosh

I'll give it a go, don't know many other championship players outside the Cov, don't get much coverage here of the Championship.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
You're in the league now Luke :D

I think I already need to make a transfer, I noticed on SSN this morning that one of my players was injured in a pre-season game, doh!

Sky Blue Luke

Pulled Sheffers out of my team yesterday because I wanted Kris Boyd...

...and put him back in after he scored against WBA :D

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Got a good little league now, 6 people are in and all from this forum. 7 tomorrow when Nick joins ;)

Quick guide to how the game works...

This is how the points system is worked out:

Goal: 3 points
Assist: 2 points
GK/DEF appearance: 1 point (must play 45 mins or more)
GK/DEF clean sheet: 3 points (must play 75 mins, inc. 1 point for appearance)
GK/DEF Goal against: -1 point

Whoever you choose as captain scores double points ;)

You can play either 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 formations.

You can change your team around as much as you like BEFORE the season starts, once the season has started you are allowed 5 transfers a month to offload flops / injured players / players who have been transferred to teams outside the Championship in real life as they will no longer score points and will be a waste of space in your team...

It's totally free to play and there are prizes to be won...

To join our league once you have created your team use pin 4535

The Sky Blues Talk Championship Chairman

:p

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Alrighty there guys i've registered and joined the league my name is Neo can't WiN like me! Just thought i would let you know incase you had to verify me. Good luck to one and all! :whistle:

Nathccfc

ive joined, well im waiting to be accepted anyway :)
I dont post on here often, usually just browse but this is so much more laid back and better than 606 tho, Neo seems to be running things around there. Oh well.. Good luck with everyone who has joined :D

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Cheers for joining up guys, I've accepted you into the league... Got 9 people in our league now, Nick said he's going to join so thats 10. I think we should aim to make it at least a bigger league then the SPL :p

CovInEssex

I'm in. Should be good crack.

I joined the CCFC one too. Shocked to see THAT amount of people in it :D

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Cheers Cookie, accepted you into the league now :D There are 14 teams in the league now, anyone else who wants to join please do so ASAP - I'm sure you don't need telling the Championship season officially starts tomorrow night!!! Please see earlier posts in this thread for details, the pin is 4535. Everyone in the league is from Sky Blues Talk so let's see who really knows their stuff about the Championship and who just talks a load of old shit! (Or who hasn't bothered to make transfers to their team despite key players picking up long-term injuries! :p) If I spot any injuries from reading football news I'll put updates on here to help people make transfers and also to keep the interest in the game on here going steady throughout the season. Should keep it pretty competitive with a close finish at the end!

Good luck and may the best manager win ;) (Me :p)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Injury News

Here are a few casualties of note that people might want to temporarily take out of their team:

Nicky Maynard (Bristol City) - Top goal scorer at this level so he's bound to feature in some of your teams! Well bad news because he is set to be out for a month while he recovers from a knee injury. Might be worth taking him out and putting him back in when he's fit ;)

James Chambers & John Oster (Doncaster) - Both have had surgery on knee injuries and will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks

Damien Delaney (Ipswich) - Ruled out for 2-3 months after suffering a serious dead leg in training.

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds) - Originally thought to have ligament damage, a scan has revealed his injury is not as bad as first feared and will be back 'sooner rather then later'

Shaun Batt (Millwall) - The newly signed Millwall striker is expected to miss the entire season after undergoing surgery in his knee. (Millwall also have a player in prison, make sure he's not in your team :p)

David McGoldrick (Notts Forest) - Is still recovering from a dislocated shoulder and will probably be out for a further 2 months. Meanwhile former sky blue Dele Adebola should have recovered and could feature sometime this month

Lee Cook (QPR) - Long suffering Cook will be out for a further 2 months as he is told he needs to rest and rebuild strength in his knee.

Simon Walton (Sheff Utd) - Picked up an injury after joining the Blades on a season long loan from Plymouth Argyle. Despite the injury he is staying at Sheff Utd and is expected to be out for the entire season.

Darius Henderson (Sheff Utd) - The targetman is expected to be out for 4 months and requires surgery to recover from an ongoing hamstring problem.

You can make as many transfers as you want before the season starts tomorrow night but after that you are limited to 5 a month.

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Right ive joined after andy pming me now i know feck all players in the championship but looking at my team im pretty proud of myself with the one i picked haha.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Cheers guys, got a lot more people to join up then I thought I would, was only expecting 9 or 10 :)

Would be a bonus if anyone can win any prizes along the way!

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Here are a few casualties of note that people might want to temporarily take out of their team:

Nicky Maynard (Bristol City) - Top goal scorer at this level so he's bound to feature in some of your teams! Well bad news because he is set to be out for a month while he recovers from a knee injury. Might be worth taking him out and putting him back in when he's fit ;)

James Chambers & John Oster (Doncaster) - Both have had surgery on knee injuries and will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks

Damien Delaney (Ipswich) - Ruled out for 2-3 months after suffering a serious dead leg in training.

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds) - Originally thought to have ligament damage, a scan has revealed his injury is not as bad as first feared and will be back 'sooner rather then later'

Shaun Batt (Millwall) - The newly signed Millwall striker is expected to miss the entire season after undergoing surgery in his knee. (Millwall also have a player in prison, make sure he's not in your team :p)

David McGoldrick (Notts Forest) - Is still recovering from a dislocated shoulder and will probably be out for a further 2 months. Meanwhile former sky blue Dele Adebola should have recovered and could feature sometime this month

Lee Cook (QPR) - Long suffering Cook will be out for a further 2 months as he is told he needs to rest and rebuild strength in his knee.

Simon Walton (Sheff Utd) - Picked up an injury after joining the Blades on a season long loan from Plymouth Argyle. Despite the injury he is staying at Sheff Utd and is expected to be out for the entire season.

Darius Henderson (Sheff Utd) - The targetman is expected to be out for 4 months and requires surgery to recover from an ongoing hamstring problem.

You can make as many transfers as you want before the season starts tomorrow night but after that you are limited to 5 a month.

Thaaaaaaank you!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Anyone who has Westwood in their team will have picked up points for the clean sheet along with even more points for anyone who had any of our back 4 who played (Keogh, Cameron, Turner, Cranie). Obviously Eastwood would have picked up points for his goals along with Bell for the assist on the 2nd goal. I think they normally update the points sometime between Monday and Wednesday so don't be shocked to find your team still on 0 points.

On the injury front, anyone who has Willo Flood take him out of your team as he is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after dislocating his knee on Boro's opening game v Ipswich.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Ive got Wilson,he was there best ?esterday,any points Andy?

Users who are viewing this thread