SBT Virtual Bookies (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I have found an alternative to the prediction league, a virtual bookies.

I can give every member 500 of the currency (not real, just pretend currency linked to profiles).

Then for each match we can work it like a bookies so we can have result, half time and full time results with odds so people can bet on our games like they would in the bookies.

The other thing is that people can make their own bets, for example if I say biamou will get a hat trick I can then create a custom bet where people can bet me on it (so I'd be the bookie).

Obviously it's just for a bit of fun and may need a bit of maintaining for the odds etc but I think it would be quite fun.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Nick

Administrator
Sounds good! Just have to make sure you can earn currency back should you go bankrupt (Making a post for the first time each day?)
Yeah, looking at ways you can build currency back up again (posts, likes etc) so it will encourage people to post and be active to get money to gamble :)

Nick

Administrator
I have just added the "currency" now which will show in the top right on the desktop version.

Nick

Administrator
Yep it looks like it will be there on mobile in the browser but it wont be on tapatalk to be able to place the bets etc.

lifeskyblue

Oh right thanks. I prob won’t be able to join the party as I use Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's adding £3 for likes but it should be £1 for a post but it isnt being added :(

Nick

Administrator
Is £3 too high for a like do we think? Might make it £1 for a like and 50p for a post?

Otis

What the hell is going on?

Confusing the hell out of me.

It said I had £6. Two mins later said I had zero pounds and then two mins after that £3.

What???

hill83

I don't even really know what's going on but I want all of the virtual money please thanks.

Nick

Administrator
Will it rival bitcoin?

I dont think anybody will be scrambling for their SBT password in 10 years time to buy a house :) Just a little bit of fun / competition.

Plus so often people are saying "I will bet". Now people can just make a bet and play with pretend money!

CovInEssex

Just to add to that, we can all place wages on all manner of things. All sports, political, stock market, movies etc

Astute

So if you don't bet you won't lose money. All you have to do is keep posting frequently and you will win the title of best bookie basher without having a bet :smuggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread