Script Error Messages!! (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Hi

Does anybody have experience of Script Error Messages which I frequently receive. The annoying part is that they repeat every second and even if you click the close button it still keeps repeating, also during this time you cannot do anything not even close the web page. I have clicked on disable script error message in the tools section to no avail.

Many Thanks.

hotrod

Can you do a screenshot of one?

Also which browser are you using etc?
Thanks for your response.
It is impossible to do anything once the error message is displayed. I am using Internet Explorer.

hotrod

Is it when you are just browsing? Any particular pattern?

No particular pattern, but thinking about it I would say it happens mainly on Hot Mail & Face Book particularly if you are trying to write,but it has not happened on this site.

Nick

Administrator
Google chrome will be a lot quicker :)

Malware bytes will find if you have any nasties on your PC!

pipkin73

I've had the "script error" issue with firefox on a couple of sites, but they work fine in chrome.

I would try Malwarebytes plus Spybot search and destroy (they sometimes find things the other one misses and both free so why not.
After that then download AVG Antivirus & TuneUp, stick to the free version and then during install it will offer you a free 30 day trial of pro.
It really does find some deep down problems on your pc and sort them.
Then after the trial period stick with the free version. I pay for iolo system mechanic and it does a great job. Been using it for about 8 years now and not had one pc die on me since i got it. But like everything else out there it misses things and the above seems to find what it does miss. Also it has a great little booster that speeds up your pc and prevents crashes.

On a side note, i also use a programme called speed fan, it allows you to speed your fans up to max (most fans only run at about 60% to keep the noise down as customers want quiet pc's). Keeps everything nice and cool, also shows you the temp of each chip so you get to see problems before they become fatal. Also free to download.

Nick

Administrator
I never got on with Spybot, sometimes caused issues when it removed stuff.

Have never had issues with just ccleaner and malware bytes :)

olderskyblue

I never got on with Spybot, sometimes caused issues when it removed stuff.

Have never had issues with just ccleaner and malware bytes :)

I use both those two as well. I think my issue is a plug in to firefox playing up, but, as it only happens on a couple of sites, can't be arsed to do anything about it.

hotrod

Hi

Does anybody have experience of Script Error Messages which I frequently receive. The annoying part is that they repeat every second and even if you click the close button it still keeps repeating, also during this time you cannot do anything not even close the web page. I have clicked on disable script error message in the tools section to no avail.

Many Thanks.
Hi
Thanks to Nick's suggestion, after downloading his recommended Malware tool I only receive two or three "Script Error" messages instead of the previous fifty or sixty.
Thanks Nick.
Regards.

Nick

Administrator
Hi
Thanks to Nick's suggestion, after downloading his recommended Malware tool I only receive two or three "Script Error" messages instead of the previous fifty or sixty.
Thanks Nick.
Regards.
Did you switch to Google chrome too? :)

Users who are viewing this thread